Our Over Rated NY Jets

Smashmouth

But that isnt the point of this thread...Yes I agree that LB is our weakest unit on Dee, but we knew this coming into the season. The point is which unit is most overrated, that would be the DL and DB's before Linebackers because none of us ever rated the LB's high in the first place.

You are 100% correct then.

Yes if you look at one unit then no one can say that the DL has not been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT IMO.

I was looking for a historical DL and they have been at best alright and as you and folks have said if the DL had lived up their preseason hype then we wouldn't be relying on the weak LBs and average offense to win games.....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it kills me to say this but I fully agree. Fitz is a good backup who can hold the fort for a couple of games. Good QBs do not end up playing for 6 different teams. 

Bingo!!

This is for sure and why what Gailey has done so far with Fitz has been unbelievable so far.  The idea that Fitz is somehow being held back from greatness by the Jets doesn't make sense.

Bowles isn't using Kerley, Bowles, is sticking with Cro, Bowles is using more 4-3 while not having the correct personnel for that scheme, some if it is on Bowles.  I'm not down on the guy, he is a rookie HC, but he can't be discounted as ONE factor in the collapse. 

Going 4-3 more than 3-4 has a lot more to do with how bad the LBers are than how many defensive lineman they have. 

I just don't see it, not at all. Depth plays into talent level as well, and we have zero depth. We have a talented Dline when it comes to stopping the run, but we generate no pass rush because we have no edge rushers, our LB'ers are middle of the pack talent wise, and we have some big names in the secondary, but Cro is shot, and Revis is not the Revis of 09. Our Oline is aging and not what it once was, and now is injured and the depth sucks. We have one talented RB, who is injured, and we have 2 wide-outs, one of which has been injured for weeks and beyond Marshall and Decker, there is just nothing there. And most important, we have a journeyman QB who can hold the fort, but he is not going to elevate a roster on his own. He can win with a talented roster, but he is not going to take scrubs and turn them into a good offense, very few QB's can do that. I think we are a middle of the pack talent wise roster, we are definitely not top 10, and definitely not bottom 10.

You must be on some good drugs, we have decent depth on our team at most positions. I agree our RB and QB situations are not fantastic...news flash there isn't a single team in the NFL that is decked out at ever position. Complaining about having Marshal and Decker as our wide outs is absurd, I can assure you there are more teams who would love to have that duo at WR than not. My favorite line that you said though is "he can win with a talented roster, but he is not going to take scrubs and turn them into a good offense" I am assuming you are trying to say Marshal and Decker are scrubs which is laughable. Im getting tired of the people on this forum trying to find any reason to put the team down...The team is good this season, much better than last season get over it.

Archived