Must win game

Joe Jets fan

i don't like saying it this early In a season but this is a game that the season is riding on. 

I just do not see us beating both the Giants and Pats.   So that means if we lose today and lose one of those two games that's only 9 wins. That's not going to be enough to get in to the playoffs.  

Jets win today and lose one of Giants and Pats then only need to beat Titans, Cowboys, Bills to be 10-6.  That's enough to get in

So today is a must win game.  

i don't like saying it this early In a season but this is a game that the season is riding on. 

I just do not see us beating both the Giants and Pats.   So that means if we lose today and lose one of those two games that's only 9 wins. That's not going to be enough to get in to the playoffs.  

Jets win today and lose one of Giants and Pats then only need to beat Titans, Cowboys, Bills to be 10-6.  That's enough to get in

Agreed. I did a quick look at the schedules of the other teams competing for the WC. We have the easiest schedule. But we lose this one and its pretty much over.

The the Bills are not winning 10 games either are the Chiefs, or the Texans. We lose today we are done. The Cheifs have a relatively easy schedule.  If we lose to the Dolphins we are out, the ironic thing is the Dolphins have the easiest schedule of all, but have a horrible division record. 

I thought the season was over last week, but what the hell, I'll give it one more week.

Me too, lol. Then you see who else lost & you climb back on for another week of screaming at the TV & cursing the gods for making us Jet fans. It's what we do.

With all due respect to the OP and others, what is the point of winning anymore games this season period? To go to Cin, Pit, Den, Oak and get slaughtered? This team stinks. We have no QB, no D, no offensive firepower and are dull and boring to watch. All that would happen is we would get an extra week to talk about another game in which we will get blown out for sure. I would rather lose out and get as high a draft pick as we can so we can draft another DT or S that can "rush the passer".

If Jets win, a loss by the Bills in KC would have the Jets controlling their own destiny again. Sorry I don't think the Texans are for real.

The Texans beat the undefeated Bengals in Cincy and completely embarrassed the Jets last week.

But you don't think they are for real?

Agreed. I did a quick look at the schedules of the other teams competing for the WC. We have the easiest schedule. But we lose this one and its pretty much over.

KC has by far the easiest schedule of the legit WC contenders. Buffalo today is their toughest game, and they've two vs. Oakland, other than that it's SD, Baltimore and Cleveland.

Archived