I hate the Giants

drdetroit

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont hate the GIANTS...  they have nothing to do with us.

Last 30 years they have.....

Drafted better than us, run their front office better than us, have better ownership than us.

Its that simple.

LUCK??  Perhaps 1 SB. But 4 since 1986 really?

The best teams in this league last 30 years have GREAT front office personnel and ownership.  

Last 3o years they have

Drafted better than us, run their front office better than us, have better ownership than us.

Its that simple.

The best teams in this league last 30 years have GREAT front office personnel and ownership.  

As long as the ownership gets the right GM and lets them alone they don't matter much.. The Steelers and Giants have the same ownership from the beginning it's when they got the right GM who got good FO people when things changed..

Last 30 years they have.....

Its that simple.

the first 2 SBs the Giants built dominant teams, the last 2 they got a ton of breaks.  NYJ and NYg have been very similar since the early 90s but the Giants had that creampuff NFC in 2000 to reach the SB then every break in the world went their way in '07 & '11.

2011 NYG at SF Bradshaw clearly fumbles late in the game which would have set up SF for easy FG to win in regulation.  they blow it dead, 2010 Jets title game at Pitt Sanchez is throwing the ball and they call it a fumble and give Pitt 7 pts.  Not much difference btw '07/'11 NYG and '09/'10 NYJ but NYg had more breaks go their way.

the first 2 SBs the Giants built dominant teams, the last 2 they got a ton of breaks.  NYJ and NYg have been very similar since the early 90s but the Giants had that creampuff NFC in 2000 to reach the SB then every break in the world went their way in '07 & '11.

2011 NYG at SF Bradshaw clearly fumbles late in the game which would have set up SF for easy FG to win in regulation.  they blow it dead, 2010 Jets title game at Pitt Sanchez is throwing the ball and they call it a fumble and give Pitt 7 pts.  Not much difference btw '07/'11 NYG and '09/'10 NYJ but NYg had more breaks go their way.

You can call it breaks or whatever you want, but when you play every game on the road and beat an undefeated team in the Super Bowl that was shattering offensive records and then go back and beat the same team again a few years later, that tells me that you deserved it.  Doesn't matter how you got in or what conference is weaker.  A break is getting to the Super Bowl and the opponents QB gets hurt or something like that.     

You sound like many of  clients over the last 20 years who were  never are able to reach their competitors level.  Its never their fault, its some outside event.

Their competitors are lucky..etc.

There is  always have an excuse ..................

You can call it breaks or whatever you want, but when you play every game on the road and beat an undefeated team in the Super Bowl that was shattering offensive records and then go back and beat the same team again a few years later, that tells me that you deserved it.  Doesn't matter how you got in or what conference is weaker.  A break is getting to the Super Bowl and the opponents QB gets hurt or something like that.     

You are being mean...  it has to be luck.  Is their a free zone on this board???:D

I took as you said certain teams will never win until they change owners.. My bad if that's not what you meant..

Good owners hire good front office. If they dont, then maybe they should sell.

I have a feeling the Giants, Steelers, Packers run it MORE like a business. use a board of directors etc....

Good owners hire good front office. If they dont, then maybe they should sell.

How may times have Fans posted we will never win with Woody as the owner that's what I thought you meant.. I'm very happy with Mac and Bowles so maybe he finally got it right?? The dumbest thing he ever did was keep Rex 2013-2014 and hire the only GM who would agree to it..

You sound like many of  clients over the last 20 years who were  never are able to reach their competitors level.  Its never their fault, its some outside event.

Their competitors are lucky..etc.

There is  always have an excuse ..................

it's not an excuse, it's reality.  the Jets and Giants have been very similar but they have had more breaks.  the Jets have actually won playoff games in more seasons than the Giants.  since 1994 the Giants have only won playoff games in 3 different seasons, the Jets 5 times. 

How may times have Fans posted we will never win with Woody as the owner that's what I thought you meant.. I'm very happy with Mac and Bowles so maybe he finally got it right?? The dumbest thing he ever did was keep Rex 2013-2014 and hire the only GM who would agree to it..

and yet we have won much more consistently under Woody than we did under previous owners.

Im in agreement...  im concerned that our poor drafts since 2010 have made it NEAR impossible for MAC to get results.

Many of our solid players (Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Pace) will be exiting as he re-stacks the deck.

he is not a miracle worker but I like MAC's background.

it's not an excuse, it's reality.  the Jets and Giants have been very similar but they have had more breaks.  the Jets have actually won playoff games in more seasons than the Giants.  since 1994 the Giants have only won playoff games in 3 different seasons, the Jets 5 times. 

You must be a fan of participation trophy's..... how sad.

and yet we have won much more consistently under Woody than we did under previous owners.

True I'm starting to believe a winning program starts with good knowledgeable FO people and coaching staff plus luck.. Look at all the QB's that have come out of the Pats system(2000-2015) yet only 1 stands out as a HOF QB that some think may be the GOAT.. If that isn't blind luck taking a QB with not your first 6th rd pick but your 2nd of 3 that year I don't know what luck is..

Doesn't matter.  Only rings matter.  The Broncos and Colts have been great for years with Peyton....doesnt matter, his brother has one more than him.  They didn't get breaks they they were great teams and lost in the playoffs.  Winning the Super Bowl can never be deemed being lucky,  If it was then would ours count??  Didn't people say we got lucky??

Doesn't matter.  Only rings matter.  The Broncos and Colts have been great for years with Peyton....doesnt matter, his brother has one more than him.  They didn't get breaks they they were great teams and lost in the playoffs.  Winning the Super Bowl can never be deemed being lucky,  If it was then would ours count??  Didn't people say we got lucky??

Wellington Mara said the bowl win was a total fluke and the AFL was a Mickey Mouse league and the Giants would trash them the next preseason game.. :)

we did get lucky.  we had the 3rd best record in the AFL and had a bye in the playoffs as we watched the teams w/ the 2 best records battle to play us.  the team we played in the AFC title game had a better record than us AND beat us yet we hosted the AFL title game so yes we had some luck on our side.  The point is not to take anything away but rather discuss how close the teams were where a break here or there made all the difference.

Maybe because I no longer live on LI I am okay with the GMENs success, especially at the expense of the Patsies.  My 2 brothers are both fans and I am the lone Jets fan, FMMFL...

we did get lucky.  we had the 3rd best record in the AFL and had a bye in the playoffs as we watched the teams w/ the 2 best records battle to play us.  the team we played in the AFC title game had a better record than us AND beat us yet we hosted the AFL title game so yes we had some luck on our side.  The point is not to take anything away but rather discuss how close the teams were where a break here or there made all the difference.

You are so clueless.  We were lucky because we didn't have the best record in the AFL?  Because we finished all of one game behind the best record?  Two teams at 12 makes us with 11 lucky?  How many lucky SB winners should we line up, who won with a lower win total than their opposition?  

We also were lucky with the leagues number 2 offense and number 1 defense?  And the best QB in either league?  Lol, luck

you need to learn to turn your head when someone bring up history

no one will ever be accused of being a front runner to NC State or the Bills so you are probably right.  Their fans all are from there. unlike UNC who attracts kids who have never been to Chapel Hill, let alone get accepted to the school. :)

some of that is true.

I tried to root for the Giants once as s kid.  I was immediately smacked by my brother in the face and he said to me "we are Jets fan in this house".

Therefore, I dislike the Giants.  I wont say hate because they beat the Pats twice in the Super Bowl and that was nice to see.

You are so clueless.  We were lucky because we didn't have the best record in the AFL?  Because we finished all of one game behind the best record?  Two teams at 12 makes us with 11 lucky?  How many lucky SB winners should we line up, who won with a lower win total than their opposition?  

We also were lucky with the leagues number 2 offense and number 1 defense?  And the best QB in either league?  Lol, luck

you need to learn to turn your head when someone bring up history

we played in a division where the 2nd best team was a .500 team.  we LOST to Oakland, had a worse record and yet not only did we host them but oak had to play against the 2nd best team in the AFL in the reg season just to advance to play us but we didn't have good fortune on our side.

I tried to root for the Giants once as s kid.  I was immediately smacked by my brother in the face and he said to me "we are Jets fan in this house".

Therefore, I dislike the Giants.  I wont say hate because they beat the Pats twice in the Super Bowl and that was nice to see.

When the Giants stopped the Pats from a historic undefeated championship season I said I'd never bad mouth them again...and I haven't.  That being said, I hope the Jets beat the hell out of them on Sunday.

Archived