I hate the Giants

drdetroit

When the Giants stopped the Pats from a historic undefeated championship season I said I'd never bad mouth them again...and I haven't.  That being said, I hope the Jets beat the hell out of them on Sunday.

the only times I have rooted for NE in the BB era, both SBs vs. NYG though I happened to be in Boston for SB XLII and it was fun seeing them miserable but coming home and dealing w/ NYG fans was less fun.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only times I have rooted for NE in the BB era, both SBs vs. NYG though I happened to be in Boston for SB XLII and it was fun seeing them miserable but coming home and dealing w/ NYG fans was less fun.

So you wanted to see Brady and Belichick win a post-spygate SB by having the greatest season in NFL history?

You are so clueless.  We were lucky because we didn't have the best record in the AFL?  Because we finished all of one game behind the best record?  Two teams at 12 makes us with 11 lucky?  How many lucky SB winners should we line up, who won with a lower win total than their opposition?  

We also were lucky with the leagues number 2 offense and number 1 defense?  And the best QB in either league?  Lol, luck

you need to learn to turn your head when someone bring up history

Yep... and he thinks he is a great poster, he stated so himself a few weeks back.

If you're a Jets fan who doesn't dislike the Giants, you probably don't live in the metropolitan area.  It's easier to downplay the rivalry when you don't live with it on a daily basis.

If you do live here, and you see this as "just another non-conference game" you're either a liar or your blood is just a paler shade of green then the rest of us.  Sorry.  

If you're a Jets fan who doesn't dislike the Giants, you probably don't live in the metropolitan area.  It's easier to downplay the rivalry when you don't live with it on a daily basis.

If you do live here, and you see this as "just another non-conference game" you're either a liar or your blood is just a paler shade of green then the rest of us.  Sorry.  

Disagree but can respect your point.   You get to a point where after 4 SB's, you recognize that YOUR organization is simply inferior to theirs and you shake your head.

I dont let the GIANTS fans bother me....   until WE clean up our mess, whats the point hating them.  

Dont misunderstand..FUKK the Giants is one of my favorite sayings.

we played in a division where the 2nd best team was a .500 team.  we LOST to Oakland, had a worse record and yet not only did we host them but oak had to play against the 2nd best team in the AFL in the reg season just to advance to play us but we didn't have good fortune on our side.

And yet somehow we beat the Raiders and Colt.  As I said clueless.  

Clueless is a step up.  You go out of your way to try and find ways to knock teams that won.  Unless Sanchez was the QB.  Then luck never finds the conversation. That's worse than clueless.  

only a complete fool argues that 11 wins are significantly less than 12.  

Disagree but can respect your point.   You get to a point where after 4 SB's, you recognize that YOUR organization is simply inferior to theirs and you shake your head.

I dont let the GIANTS fans bother me....   until WE clean up our mess, whats the point hating them.  

Dont misunderstand..FUKK the Giants is one of my favorite sayings.

You could say the same thing about the Patriots and their fans.  Respect and dislike are not mutually exclusive.  I both respect and despise both the Giants and Pats.  

And yet somehow we beat the Raiders and Colt.  As I said clueless.  

Clueless is a step up.  You go out of your way to try and find ways to knock teams that won.  Unless Sanchez was the QB.  Then luck never finds the conversation. That's worse than clueless.  

only a complete fool argues that 11 wins are significantly less than 12.  

so we didn't catch any breaks?  you'd rather just hurl insults than deal w/ facts?

we didn't catch a break w/ Oak and KC tying and having to play each other a 3rd time while we rested? we didn't catch a break playing in a weak division? we didn't catch a break having the rotation give us a home game in the title game?  Nowhere did I say we didn't earn the SB(just as I have never said the Giants didn't earn it) but the reality is we had a ton of breaks. 

Ok, if you say so:lol:

You could say the same thing about the Patriots and their fans.  Respect and dislike are not mutually exclusive.  I both respect and despise both the Giants and Pats.  

w/ NE I understand the greatness of Brady and how great that organization has been.  the Giants have not been like NE.  this was a franchise that went almost 20 years w/o a postseason app and the league had to step in and send George Young to save them.  George built some GREAT teams in the 80s/very early 90s but the last 2 teams to win SBs were good, not great, teams. 

w/ NE I understand the greatness of Brady and how great that organization has been.  the Giants have not been like NE.  this was a franchise that went almost 20 years w/o a postseason app and the league had to step in and send George Young to save them.  George built some GREAT teams in the 80s/very early 90s but the last 2 teams to win SBs were good, not great, teams. 

I agree with this 100%.  And it makes the Giants success more frustrating.  They caught lightning in a bottle twice. They get credit for getting it done, but they aint the Yankees, no matter how many of their fans seem to think of them that way.

I agree with this 100%.  And it makes the Giants success more frustrating.  They caught lightning in a bottle twice. They get credit for getting it done, but they aint the Yankees, no matter how many of their fans seem to think of them that way.

you hit it on the head, Giant fans pretend like they are the Yankees.  that is why I hate them so much, they are frauds and they always try to pretend like the franchise is all class which is another myth.  these guys were tweeting out shots at the Jets during their last SB run.

you hit it on the head, Giant fans pretend like they are the Yankees.  that is why I hate them so much, they are frauds and they always try to pretend like the franchise is all class which is another myth.  these guys were tweeting out shots at the Jets during their last SB run.

16 games + 2 or 3 playoff wins and then win the Super Bowl.

I may be in the minority here but I do not believe any team  that has ever won a Super Bowl was lucky.   Obviously you can rank the winners and perhaps the last two Giant teams that won the Super Bowl would not be high on the list  but I can never say any team was lucky.

in 2007 the Giants playoff run were wins at Tampa, Dallas and the frigid Green Bay.  Then beat the undefeated Patriots. You cannot get lucky enough to win those 4 games.

2011 @ Atlanta, @ Green Bay @ SF and then beat the Pats again.  That's not luck.  That is playing great football and beating some very good teams those years.

I may be in the minority here but I do not believe any team  that has ever won a Super Bowl was lucky.   Obviously you can rank the winners and perhaps the last two Giant teams that won the Super Bowl would not be high on the list  but I can never say any team was lucky.

in 2007 the Giants playoff run were wins at Tampa, Dallas and the frigid Green Bay.  Then beat the undefeated Patriots. You cannot get lucky enough to win those 4 games.

2011 @ Atlanta, @ Green Bay @ SF and then beat the Pats again.  That's not luck.  That is playing great football and beating some very good teams those years.

There is no such thing as luck.  LUCK is used as an excuse for losers to justify why the winners won.

I am not saying it was pure luck but they had good fortune.  TB wasn't very good, Dallas had Romo and his usual big game choke, GB had Favre and his usual big game choke then they had a ball stick to a helmet.

in 2011 they were 9-7 in a terrible division hosting  a playoff game.  they did a great job at GB then in a close game at SF Bradshaw fumbles in the final mins w/ the score tied and they blow the whistle while a year earlier sanchez throws an incomplete pass and they call it a fumble.  both very close plays that could have gone either way, it went fro NYG and against us or history is very different.

I credit NYG for those runs, they played great and took advantage of breaks but those were not great teams.

You're harping on the word "luck" as if it is the point, which it is not.   The Giants got red hot at the the right time (twice) and the point being that this team was not great or dominant or anything close to resembling special.  We are giving credit for them getting it done, but they are not some sort of dynasty.  

You're harping on the word "luck" as if it is the point, which it is not.   The Giants got red hot at the the right time (twice) and the point being that this team was not great or dominant or anything close to resembling special.  We are giving credit for them getting it done, but they are not some sort of dynasty.  

They have done something 4 times...in 30 years , we havent done it once in 45 but agreed, they are not a dynasty.

I have no real hate for the team, they don't compete against us like the Patriots do.

I just can't stand their fans. Too many loud-mouthed bandwagoners that pop out of nowhere during those playoff runs. That includes co-workers, friends, family...

If i was living somewhere else, this game wouldn't mean a whole lot to me. But i don't. And i have tickets for the game on Sunday...so...we better ******* win.

so we didn't catch any breaks?  you'd rather just hurl insults than deal w/ facts?

we didn't catch a break w/ Oak and KC tying and having to play each other a 3rd time while we rested? we didn't catch a break playing in a weak division? we didn't catch a break having the rotation give us a home game in the title game?  Nowhere did I say we didn't earn the SB(just as I have never said the Giants didn't earn it) but the reality is we had a ton of breaks. 

Ok, if you say so:lol:

Its not hurling insults to say they didn't get a break by finishing the season 11-3, that it is ridiculous to make that argument and claim it's a fact that they did.  As if every playoff game matchup pits seeds against each other by W/L totals, like the NBA.  As if that's the way it goes every round, every year.  Fact.  Lots of teams gets breaks along the way to playoffs and through the playoffs.  The Jets didnt get a break by finishing  one friggen game behind the leagues best record.  The argument is even dumber when you realize the Jets had the #2 offense and the number 1 defense in the entire AFL.   When you wake up and realize how sports are played and teams are matched in the playoffs and always have been come back and quite facts.  

But hey, keep arguing that SB III was a product of luck, that we didn't even belong in the game.

Didn't you have a will of your own or were you trying to please your Dad?? Cam Newton is a Falcon fan except when they play them.. I have a Jet fan friend whose 3 kids root for the Cowboys,Packers and Raiders..:)

watching games with my old man since I could walk, gee what a shock that I would root for the Jets and enjoy having something to talk about with him every week and go to the jets fan clubs with him. What a fool I am. This guy serious? Lol

The New York Giants enjoyed their two-week break, watching the rest of the NFC East hand them the division on a silver platter.

The Giants took that platter — like a drunk, unwanted Thanksgiving guest — and dropped it down a flight of stairs.

Your first-place Washington Redskins? That's the result after Sunday's Giants loss (let's be honest: that's what this was) to the Redskins, 20-14, in a game the Redskins controlled for the first 48 minutes.

Eli Manning was picked three times behind a slaughtered offensive line, fully earning his closed-captioning-gifted nickname of "Penguin Boy" in the process. He fumbled twice, was sacked three times and misfired on 25 of his 51 pass attempts.

You need a pass rush to sack Eli. We don't have one. What does that mean? 24-14 Giants.

Right, thousands of employees through the years and all turned their backs on the money to be made by being a whistleblower to the biggest scandal in the history of sports or entertainment.  That makes so much more sense than we lost because we lost.  

Always love the logic tha the league wants every team but the Jets to have success.  Giants. Pats. Dallas. 49'rs etc.  Because it makes sense for them to want these other teams or one NY team to win every so often, not the Jets.  Or the even better story, Woody would sit back and allow his team to never get the breaks while his cross town rival was handed wins, some over his team.  Because he really doesn't want him product to win, increase in value, etc. 

Great point. If there is a conspiracy, the owners couldn't know about it. Otherwise the Ford family would be whistleblowing against the league!

millen_ium.jpg

Great point. If there is a conspiracy, the owners couldn't know about it. Otherwise the Ford family would be whistleblowing against the league!

millen_ium.jpg

why on earth would owners allow any of the dynasties to exist?  A league that strives to make parity a way of life, that can point to parity as a reason for the leagues success.  

why on earth would owners allow any of the dynasties to exist?  A league that strives to make parity a way of life, that can point to parity as a reason for the leagues success.  

It's just easier for some to delude themselves that things are rigged than to admit your team just sucks, I guess.

agreed.  If as a jets fan you don't notice the disgust and hatred Giants fans have for the jets you're either not in New York or lost.

Its not hurling insults to say they didn't get a break by finishing the season 11-3, that it is ridiculous to make that argument and claim it's a fact that they did.  As if every playoff game matchup pits seeds against each other by W/L totals, like the NBA.  As if that's the way it goes every round, every year.  Fact.  Lots of teams gets breaks along the way to playoffs and through the playoffs.  The Jets didnt get a break by finishing  one friggen game behind the leagues best record.  The argument is even dumber when you realize the Jets had the #2 offense and the number 1 defense in the entire AFL.   When you wake up and realize how sports are played and teams are matched in the playoffs and always have been come back and quite facts.  

But hey, keep arguing that SB III was a product of luck, that we didn't even belong in the game.

if you don't think we got breaks then I don't know what to tell you.  I am trying to help you, trying to educate you but keeping spewing misguided info. 

AGAIN, I didn't call the run luck.  I said they got some breaks which is an absolute FACT no matter how badly you want to ignore it.

Archived