Who is going to the Jets \ Giants game?

Maxman

I'm also on the fence.

i have set my threshold at $215 for a Mezzanine or better ticket. It's worth the $100 premium for the Gotham Bowl; I'm still bitter from 2011 and want to witness first hand some vengeance. 

Just pulled the trigger on 2 seats, was too tough finding 3 so the wife can't go with my son and I, we're in our customary MetLife section just couldn't get Row 1 of course.  Going through this process in someone else's stadium is a pain, makes me appreciate being a season ticket holder that much more.

You get yours yet?

SAR I

I have been to a Jets @ Giants preseason game back in 2007. If this game was a Jets home game I would probably go. Since it's a Giants home game the tickets are a lot more expensive and sitting on the couch with HD TV watching  from home is a lot better. I have already been to a Jets game this year vs the surprising Redskins who we won by 14 against back in October. plus no traffic to get out and free food.

Anyone going? Strongly considering it. If you are going an don't mind posting where you are sitting, please do so. If you are possibly interested let me know. Maybe we can get a group together and sit semi close together as well.

A nice Jets tailgate around all that blue sounds good.  :)

Wheres the game? I kid.

I'm also on the fence.

i have set my threshold at $215 for a Mezzanine or better ticket. It's worth the $100 premium for the Gotham Bowl; I'm still bitter from 2011 and want to witness first hand some vengeance. 

Figure id take the train in and try to enjoy the stadium sans tailgating which isn't as much fun. 

If you gentleman need an extra if getting a set of tix, PM me. I, too, shall lurk the 2nd hand tix market until Sunday 11am.

Today I got off of the fence. Was hoping they would come down more than they did.  Going to sit this one out. 

I will be there with my family (8 of us - all Jets fans) in section 129 and tailgating in L11 - should be quite a few Jets fans over there. The group I am tailgating with has a bus, a flat screen, tons of food, beer pong, Jets cornhole boards, etc. 

Max, Sar, Flagman & anyone else going... If you are in that area of the lot, definitely stop by! I will post a pic of the exact location when I get to the lot in a few hours. 

Screw going to the game.

We should set up a MASSIVE KEGGER tailgate party for Jets fans in the parking lot and have someone (would Jets create a fan viewing zone for us?) set up TVs and a Disc Jockey, Tailgate Joe caters and sells food,  as we party PRE, DURING, & POST victory party !!!!!!!

Just hop on the train and spend Sunday ALL DAY on the asphalt rooting for our Green Gang. 

I've always wanted to do something like this. Go down to the stadium tailgate the entire day but have TV's set up and just relax in the parking lot. 

Today I got off of the fence. Was hoping they would come down more than they did.  Going to sit this one out. 

Had a great time, sitting in my Jets section, Jets fans were cool but the Giants fans were rowdy and lippy.  Kept telling them to wait until the 4th quarter collapse, but they wouldn't listen.

As an aside, how happy am I that I get green parking passes at Jets games.  Got a blue parking pass (yellow Jets equivalent) and even though I arrived at the stadium at 10:30 we were forced to park out behind Pegasus.  20 minute walk to get into the stadium, wow.

SAR I

checked stub hub at 11:30am yesterday and the prices were even higher than they were the entire 48 hours before.  Would have liked to go, but alas... too much coin for someone who has given way too much money to fandupe this year.  LOL.

Had a great time, sitting in my Jets section, Jets fans were cool but the Giants fans were rowdy and lippy.  Kept telling them to wait until the 4th quarter collapse, but they wouldn't listen.

As an aside, how happy am I that I get green parking passes at Jets games.  Got a blue parking pass (yellow Jets equivalent) and even though I arrived at the stadium at 10:30 we were forced to park out behind Pegasus.  20 minute walk to get into the stadium, wow.

SAR I

Most Giants fans are ok but many are classless assholes. They are in hiding today no one with a hat or a shirt on anywhere. Went to CostCo with Jets hat and sweatshirt on got a few dirty looks thing is even if the Jets lost I would still do the same.

checked stub hub at 11:30am yesterday and the prices were even higher than they were the entire 48 hours before.  Would have liked to go, but alas... too much coin for someone who has given way too much money to fandupe this year.  LOL.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on Saturday when there were still 1,500 seats available.  After that, it fell to 400 seats quickly and those people are what I call the "if it gets crazy why not" sellers who post up at ridiculous prices and would only sacrifice the game if someone got stupid, like $1,500 for a mezz club seat.

I justified the 2 seats + parking outlay of $800 by thinking I'll sell my 4 seats next year to a Seahawks fan for $800 and break even.  Unless we're good next year and by then my wife will forget what I just forked over for yesterday's madness.

SAR I

Most Giants fans are ok but many are classless assholes. They are in hiding today no one with a hat or a shirt on anywhere. Went to CostCo with Jets hat and sweatshirt on got a few dirty looks thing is even if the Jets lost I would still do the same.

It was really amazing to see because at Jets games we don't have any DB's like that shouting at opposing fans.  This Giants fan was crazed, and then there were a bunch of others who were as defeatist and down on the Giants as we were last year on the Jets.

They did a mock "J-E-T-S" chant at us after the OBJ touchdown.  So I sang "Hail To The Redskins" after they missed the FG.  Childish, but evened the score.

SAR I

It was really amazing to see because at Jets games we don't have any DB's like that shouting at opposing fans.  This Giants fan was crazed, and then there were a bunch of others who were as defeatist and down on the Giants as we were last year on the Jets.

Well guess what SAR I we won they lost!  Glad you were there to represent. 

Here's me with Giants fans this year

"Coughlin has to go."

"You guys SUCK"

"The offensive line can't block. Our defense can't make any stops."

"You guys SUCK. I just want you to know that you suck. In case that isn't the first thing thst crosses your mind in the morning.?

Here's me talking with Giants fans this year

"Coughlin has to go."

"You guys SUCK"

"You guys SUCK. I just want you to know that you suck. In case that isn't the first thing thst crosses your mind in the morning.?

"Coughlin has to go."

"You guys SUCK"

"You guys SUCK. I just want you to know that you suck. In case that isn't the first thing that doesnt crosses your mind in the morning?

"Coughlin has to go."

"You guys SUCK!"

They did a mock "J-E-T-S" chant at us after the OBJ touchdown.  So I sang "Hail To The Redskins" after they missed the FG.  Childish, but evened the score.

SAR I

Childish?   More like freaking awesome. 

I got invited at the last second but couldn't go as I was out of town Saturday and not sure when I'd be back yesterday. I didn't mind too much about having to miss it, but after watching that game and reading the stories here, man that would have been fun to see in person!

Congrats to those who went and represented! What a game! Fun day to be a fan....pissed I had to work today and was in meetings literally from 1-6:15pm so missed all of francessa. Love listening to sports radio after a big win.

I got invited at the last second but couldn't go as I was out of town Saturday and not sure when I'd be back yesterday. I didn't mind too much about having to miss it, but after watching that game and reading the stories here, man that would have been fun to see in person!

Congrats to those who went and represented! What a game! Fun day to be a fan....pissed I had to work today and was in meetings literally from 1-6:15pm so missed all of francessa. Love listening to sports radio after a big win.

Fatcessa spent the whole show kissing Coughlin's butt. A bit wrinkled. Not for me

I will be there with my family (8 of us - all Jets fans) in section 129 and tailgating in L11 - should be quite a few Jets fans over there. The group I am tailgating with has a bus, a flat screen, tons of food, beer pong, Jets cornhole boards, etc. 

Max, Sar, Flagman & anyone else going... If you are in that area of the lot, definitely stop by! I will post a pic of the exact location when I get to the lot in a few hours. 

was right across from L11 yesterday. Great day for a talgate and if couse great outcome. 

1)  I'm curious, what was the % of Jets fans?  How many attended?

2) How did the turn out of Jets fans at the Giants game compare to:

-When the Giants are at the Jets?

When the Pats/Dolphins/Stillerz/Iggles/Bills are at the Jets?

3) On TV, sounded like there were not as many as I would have thought.  I thought it was 20% Jets fans...MAX...maybe closer to 15%, which is actually less than what Dallas usually brings.  Shocking, since Dallas is 1500 miles away but the Jets are in the neighborhood.  Was this the case?

Yes, you are right, I'd guess only 15% were Jets fans.

Main reason being that it was only the Giants second home game since before Halloween if you can believe it, they beat the Cowboys on 10/25, then went on the road for two weeks, then lost to the Patriots on 11/15, then had a road game and a bye.  So if you were a Giants fan you hadn't seen the team at home but twice in 6 weeks.  That, and it was 50 degrees and just beautiful.

SAR I

Archived