Jets still pretenders, not contenders

Shadetree

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the saying, "the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while" or something like that.  The Dolphags are the dogs ass and probably just as sh*tty, if not worse.  You should take nothing from destroying the hapless Dolphags.  They're a terrible Football team led by an interim head coach without their best player (who went Ape sh*t vs. the Texans).

And what does being 1 game behind the Bills have to do with anything?  ls that some sort of accomplishment?  lmfao

A win is a win and you should never take them for granted in this league, unless you're playing the Dolphags at home.  

You win. I lose. Continue on with your negativity.

You win. I lose. Continue on with your negativity.

Well that was easy!  haha But dude, they have fired their head coach, now their offensive coordinator and their DT is saying that "he runs the D".

I'm happy they won but I'm not getting all puffy chest about beating the snot our of a terrible team you should beat the snot out of. 

Go Jets!

New England : Uh ok you got me on that one. 

This game might be more winnable than we think. NE might decide to rest its starters once a bye is secured in the wildcard round which means we could end up playing a lot of backups for at least part of the game. NE has already lost a game so there's no pressure to maintain a perfect record. This is no guarantee but it would be a huge stroke of luck for us.

This game might be more winnable than we think. NE might decide to rest its starters once a bye is secured in the wildcard round which means we could end up playing a lot of backups for at least part of the game. NE has already lost a game so there's no pressure to maintain a perfect record. This is no guarantee but it would be a huge stroke of luck for us.

For that to happen though, they need to win out to get to 13-1. If the Pats are smart, Gronk should not play the rest of the regular season. He's too valuable. 

We hadn't swept the Dolphins since 2007, and lately we'd been losing to them at home in fairly humiliating fashion.  They've sucked but we'd sucked too against them in the Rex era.  At least Bowles started his Head Coaching career against the Dolphins with a sweep, and a pretty dominant sweep at that.  That's a nice change.  I hate the Dolphins even more than the Patriots.  Just for that alone I'm willing to give Bowles a pass for a lot of his mistakes in his tenure to date.

That was half of our wins that year..:)

I'm in pessimistic, wait-until-week-17, mode with this team. The Miami win was nice, but I didn't see anything that  removed the doubts the Oak, Buff, and Hou losses showed me. 

This is a good team with fatal flaws. No pass rush, an "eh" QB, and an "eh" O-line does not translate to being a contender. 

I would like to see improvement and a nice run for the WC, but c'mon, you really think this team is capable of 10-6? I don't. Even if they pull that out of their ass and make the playoffs, they'll be exposed for those fatal flaws.

9-7 and missing the playoffs would be optimistic. 8-8 is realistic. 

Football is a game of matchups and the Jets had a doozy with Grimes at 5'8" covering Brandon Marshall 6'4" Sometimes it comes down to simply that the matchups favor your team. We'll see how they matchup with the G-Men this week. A win over them and then the Titans would give the Jets an 8-5 record with three games to go. I think they whip Dallas, may fall to the Pats as they will have Gronk and Amendola back probably by then. Would then need to whip Rex for a 10-6 mark and a playoff spot. I am hopeful but in no way counting on it.

Well that was easy!  haha But dude, they have fired their head coach, now their offensive coordinator and their DT is saying that "he runs the D".

I'm happy they won but I'm not getting all puffy chest about beating the snot our of a terrible team you should beat the snot out of. 

Go Jets!

I think we would all like to see them string a few good games together..It's a start, but agreed, lot's of work to do. 

This is a huge week.  Although the Giants arent good, psychologically, they own us.  I believe if we beat the Giants, this team wins 3 out of its last 4, gets to 10 wins and makes the playoff.

this gave is huge for the psyche of the jets.  This win will catapult us for the rest of the season.

wont be easy though.  We stink against the gmen.

I think we would all like to see them string a few good games together..It's a start, but agreed, lot's of work to do. 

I hope this is the start of some wins this season but it would pretty cool if it also started a run of dominance vs. the Dolphags.  Like back when we won like 8 out of 9 vs. them in the mid 2000's.  That was fun! 

We hadn't swept the Dolphins since 2007, and lately we'd been losing to them at home in fairly humiliating fashion.  They've sucked but we'd sucked too against them in the Rex era.  At least Bowles started his Head Coaching career against the Dolphins with a sweep, and a pretty dominant sweep at that.  That's a nice change.  I hate the Dolphins even more than the Patriots.  Just for that alone I'm willing to give Bowles a pass for a lot of his mistakes in his tenure to date.

+10000 to all of this

If Daniel Murphy proved you can go from hero to zero in one week, you can also go from zero to hero.

Now that NE is on the road to 10-6, Jets can finish 11-5.

That said, we'll definitely lose next Sunday. Because we dominated Miami, the team will slack off thinking everything is easy now.

I have this bad feeling that what goes around will come around.

Bowles ripped into the team and cut Coples, producing a team that is motivated.  The Giants lost to the Redskins, so they will now get ripped into and motivated.

That is what made Parcells and what makes Bellicheck great coaches.  They were/are able to motivate their players and coaches all the time.  The ups and downs are the mark of the Rex Ryans.

These players are human beings, and in made cases immature human beings.  They need to be professionalized.  The coaches who can do that are successful.  It took Pete Carroll 10 years to figure that out.

Bowles needs to push the button again.  Injuries are not helping.

the Giants were also playing without 2 starting OL yesterday

You've got the Patriots, Bengals, and Broncos and then you have a bunch of mediocre up-and-down .500 teams.

So if the Jets have a chance to be among the Top 2 of that second tier it bodes well for our future which is really all this season is about.  We're not winning the Super Bowl, so let's get to 9-7, lose a wildcard game, and feel good about 2016.  That was our maximum expectation coming into the season and we can achieve it.  That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

SAR I

in rnd 1, someones going to get a terrible colts team or a broncos team led by a shot peyton manning or the wizard of oz.  Rnd 1 is very winable.

if ur lucky enough, u will get a bengals team that cant win a playoff game to save their lives.

one of the 2 wild card teams will get to the afc championship game.

The jets will not be contenders until we can beat a good team, padding stats against the dregs of the league means little when teams like buffalo and Oakland run circles around us

The Jets play one more team this season who is currently above .500. They'll be contenders if they beat the other 4. This "beat a good team" nonsense is just that. The difference between the 8th best team and the 21st best team in this league is one game.

The Jets play one more team this season who is currently above .500. They'll be contenders if they beat the other 4. This "beat a good team" nonsense is just that. The difference between the 8th best team and the 21st best team in this league is one game.

contenders for what? A first round exit if we somehow get lucky and back into the playoffs?

contenders for what? A first round exit if we somehow get lucky and back into the playoffs?

backing into the playoffs isn't going 4-1 down the stretch.

And we've already seen that you just need to get your foot in the door (2009 cough cough) and anything can happen.. which is definitely a better option than going 8-8 and sitting home in January.

The jets will not be contenders until we can beat a good team, padding stats against the dregs of the league means little when teams like buffalo and Oakland run circles around us

Bills literally won that game because of two fumbles deep in our zone that handed them ten free points, not because they outplayed us or dominated the line of scrimmage. There is nothing about the Bills that should scare the Jets.

Bills literally won that game because of two fumbles deep in our zone that handed them ten free points, not because they outplayed us or dominated the line of scrimmage. There is nothing about the Bills that should scare the Jets.

True.  But even worse, there's a ton about the Jets that should scare the Jets.

I'm not interested in making excuses, just win the damn game. The jets make too many mistakes to beat good teams 

The Jets are in contention for a playoff birth, they are therefore a contender. It's basic English.

okay well I'll admit that's accurate in that case, but I always viewed a "contender" as a team with legitimate odds to win a title. The jets absolutely have a shot at the 6 seed right now but I still see this team as at least a year probably two away from being a legit threat to make some noise in the playoffs

one of the 2 wild card teams will get to the afc championship game.

Perhaps, but we know the Jets aren't good enough to get there or win it.

Injuries, rookie coaching, unproven post-season QB, no victories over teams with a winning record. it's all there on paper.

SAR I

Perhaps, but we know the Jets aren't good enough to get there or win it.

Injuries, rookie coaching, unproven post-season QB, no victories over teams with a winning record. it's all there on paper.

SAR I

well, the Jets already beat the colts in Indy so thats a very winable rnd 1 game.

if cincy is up next, ur putting your money on Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis?  These guys are mush come playoff time.

if the jets get in and draw these 2 teams, its very plausable they get to the championship game.

Archived