Giants Defense ranked 32nd

kevinc855

The Giants have the worst defense in the league (NO is pretty close). Their secondary is an absolute joke. If the Jets are going to win this game, Marshall, Decker and yes Smith need to go off. I also expect to see that nice balance of Ivory and Powell working too.

PS CHAN, sometimes you can run Ivory to the OUTSIDE, it seems to work!!

Ugh....I hate these threads, invariably whenever we point out how horrible the other team is in one area we cannot take advantage.  Team A has bad run defense we will run all over them!  Post game 50 yards rushing.  Team B has an awful secondary we will torch them!  Post game 145 yds passing and two picks.  Team C, their oline is injured and has rookies!  Post game 175 yards rushing, they hold all day and 1 sack.

Cousins has played great at home and despite all the TOs only led Wash to 20 pts yesterday.  the D wasn't great but they kept NYG in that game.

"Only" 20 points on TO's?  On 3 whole TOs?

The 400+ total yards was how their D kept them in the game?  Giving up 300+ passing yards to Cousins was good D? 

Their D sucked and didn't help their O

rankings can be misleading, their D has played much better of late.  they lost yesterday b/c of the O and all the TOs.

Kirk Cousins was 20 for 29 for 302 yards and barely touched by the Giants defense (0 sacks and 3 QB hits). If the game was close, Cousins would have easily surpassed 400 yards. But since the Skins were up 17-0 heading into the 4th quarter the Skins pretty much shut things down until the final drive when they needed to put the game away. 

Kirk Cousins was 20 for 29 for 302 yards and barely touched by the Giants defense (0 sacks and 3 QB hits). If the game was close, Cousins would have easily surpassed 400 yards. But since the Skins were up 17-0 heading into the 4th quarter the Skins pretty much shut things down until the final drive when they needed to put the game away. 

Mike Westoff said on the Jet post game show yesterday it drives him nuts when teams go prevent D when the D they were playing worked fine all game long..

The Giants have the worst defense in the league (NO is pretty close). Their secondary is an absolute joke. If the Jets are going to win this game, Marshall, Decker and yes Smith need to go off. I also expect to see that nice balance of Ivory and Powell working too.

Ever since he hurt his hammy it hasn't been worked.

Giants run defense is very solid. So if Fitzpatrick plays like he did against Miami, we should win. Their defense ranking is also influenced by health.

Ever since JPP came back they have been better.

Wash scored 20 pts in the game, Eli turned it over 3 times.  previous 3 home games Wash had averaged over 31 PPG

I said 3 turnovers.  The Giants D gave up over 400 yards.  Could have easily been 500 if they wanted to. The Giants D sucked yesterday, didn't keep them in anything.  No one anywhere will agree with you other than a Giants announcer.  The game was over early 

I said 3 turnovers.  The Giants D gave up over 400 yards.  Could have easily been 500 if they wanted to. The Giants D sucked yesterday, didn't keep them in anything.  No one anywhere will agree with you other than a Giants announcer.  The game was over early 

They kept them in the game. Yardage in today's game means sh*t. Red Zone defense is more important now.

the game was close.  the bottom line is they only scored 20 w/ all those TOs.  yards are great(Tannehill had nice #s yesterday) but point smatter more.

Ever since he hurt his hammy it hasn't been worked.

Giants run defense is very solid. So if Fitzpatrick plays like he did against Miami, we should win. Their defense ranking is also influenced by health.

Ever since JPP came back they have been better.

Wellhe looked fine bouncing outside yesterday and it sure beat the rushing up the gut for 2 yard runs we got used to for the last 3 weeks.

They kept them in the game. Yardage in today's game means sh*t. Red Zone defense is more important now.

If 17-0 going in the 4th is keeping them in the game.  Lol

yardage still means a lot when you give up more than normal yardages.  Red Zone D is no different today than before.  And can be misleading.  The Jets lead the NFL in scoring % inside the 20. 

I would not go around telling anyone that 400+ And 17-0 isn't important and is good D.  It's not.  

Ugh....I hate these threads, invariably whenever we point out how horrible the other team is in one area we cannot take advantage.  Team A has bad run defense we will run all over them!  Post game 50 yards rushing.  Team B has an awful secondary we will torch them!  Post game 145 yds passing and two picks.  Team C, their oline is injured and has rookies!  Post game 175 yards rushing, they hold all day and 1 sack.

I agree, I'd rather not know, and I hope no one's told the players. 

If 17-0 going in the 4th is keeping them in the game.  Lol

yardage still means a lot when you give up more than normal yardages.  Red Zone D is no different today than before.  And can be misleading.  The Jets lead the NFL in scoring % inside the 20. 

I would not go around telling anyone that 400+ And 17-0 isn't important and is good D.  It's not.  

absolutely especially after all the TOs.  the giants were very much in that game late.

absolutely especially after all the TOs.  the giants were very much in that game late.

Watching that game never, ever felt like they were in that game.  

And th Giants D has sucked all season.  Period. There is no debate, they've sucked in most games.  That's what shltty D's do

Mike Westoff said on the Jet post game show yesterday it drives him nuts when teams go prevent D when the D they were playing worked fine all game long..

Yeah,  but I was referencing their offensive play-calling. In the 4th quarter with a chance to put the game away they opted to run on 3rd and 3. A TD at that point would have put them up 24-0. Giants proceeded to score 2 quick TDs. If Giants defense had held the Skins on their final drive I am sure Elli would have marched right down the field for a 21-20 victory. Luckily the Giants defense is awful.

rankings can be misleading, their D has played much better of late.  they lost yesterday b/c of the O and all the TOs.

Any chance you guys can just call a turnover a turnover instead of a TO?  I've been spending the last several posts trying to recollect how timeouts affected the game.

And th Giants D has sucked all season.  Period. There is no debate, they've sucked in most games.  That's what shltty D's do

Eli has pulled out a million games late, when they scored to pull w/in 6 w/ plenty of time left they were very much in it.

All I said was their D has been playing better of late which they have.  rankings don't accurately reflect how they had been playing going into yesterday.  I didn't say they were the '85 Bears.

Any chance you guys can just call a turnover a turnover instead of a TO?  I've been spending the last several posts trying to recollect how timeouts affected the game.

I was trying to figure out what the hell Terrell Owens had to do with any of this!

551a0abf8ecb56d39f0c6b3d60672728.jpg

Them being ranked 32nd is a typical jet trap, our players never learn

Archived