How to stop Odell Beckham?

predator_05

Cromartie called this guy a 'one year wonder', but he is anything but. All he does is make big catches every week; came up with another incredible TD catch yesterday. Averaging 120 yards a game, with 5 TDs in the last 4 games...

Surely they won't try to cover him 1x1?

Cromartie referred to him as a one year wonder in the context that he had only been in the league for one year, not that he was incapable of reproducing another remarkable season.  Regardless, you don't beat the Giants by simply shutting down Beckham, you beat them by not allowing Eli and the rest of their supporting unit to pick you apart. Beckham is getting double digit targets per game - 18 this past weekend - so by sheer volume alone he's going to get his, you just have to make sure to keep everyone else in check. If we can stifle their ground-game and force Eli to target Beckham 18+ times a game, then the our defense will be doing their job.

I recently read that on the Pats Revis covered the #2 receiver while they put double coverage on the #1 guy.  I think Bowles experimented with that a little in the 2nd half of the Houston game.  No shame in imitating something that works.    

I recently read that on the Pats Revis covered the #2 receiver while they put double coverage on the #1 guy.  I think Bowles experimented with that a little in the 2nd half of the Houston game.  No shame in imitating something that works.    

Actually, the Cowboys used to do that to the 49ers with Deon. 

Revis at this point can't take him one on one.  I don't know that anyone can.  Double OBJ, take away their #2, and hit Eli a whole bunch.

The Jets dialed back the blitz a lot against Houston sending only 5 guys a lot of downs. I think you'll see a similar approach. Depends on who is healthy enough to play on Sunday at CB but safety help will likely be needed. 

The offense can help too with some ball control and an effective running game. 

I'd love to see them do this.  It's unfair to expect Revis to completely shut down one of the game's best, all game long, on an island these days.  Certainly have him cover Odell at times, but for the most part, we almost always need to utilize some safety help.  

Cromartie called this guy a 'one year wonder', but he is anything but. All he does is make big catches every week; came up with another incredible TD catch yesterday. Averaging 120 yards a game, with 5 TDs in the last 4 games...

And yet somehow the Giants are under .500, how? 

Question, how are the Giants, with their shltty defense going to stop Brandon Marshall?  He's got all of 70 fewer yards in 11 games, playing hurt in a few.  A whopping 6.3 yards per game.  

Cromartie referred to him as a one year wonder in the context that he had only been in the league for one year, not that he was incapable of reproducing another remarkable season.  Regardless, you don't beat the Giants by simply shutting down Beckham, you beat them by not allowing Eli and the rest of their supporting unit to pick you apart. Beckham is getting double digit targets per game - 18 this past weekend - so by sheer volume alone he's going to get his, you just have to make sure to keep everyone else in check. If we can stifle their ground-game and force Eli to target Beckham 18+ times a game, then the our defense will be doing their job.

Good point. They did lose that game didn't they.

Cromartie is an idiot that much is obvious

wtf no Revis this Sunday?  Better double this motherf--cker

In passing plays, Manning will throw the ball to him almost every time if he recognizes one on one coverage on OBJ.  He is not going to complete every pass but it can lead to some very big plays.  OBJ is not someone you want to gamble with playing one on one one espscially with a QB that is not afraid to throw the ball to him.

Archived