Interesting post game comparison.

GREENBEAN

Just something I noticed. Haven't drawn any solid conclusions but I figured It was worth a post here. Check out Brick's demeanor when doing the home of the Jets thing.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/POSTGAME-SPEECH-Todd-Bowles/a044464e-2b2f-4363-a00f-c22cfa538590 

For comparison here is the Broncos locker room after last nights victory. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-victory-speech/89832e97-41d0-4e4b-9b33-0e38556a0612

Any thoughts? 

I think you need to find something else to do with your free time. It's a great big world out there. :)

LOL Dick.  :D

You make is seem like I spent more than 3 min on this one. I was just watching the post game as I could not make it through the whole game last night and noticed how amped they were. It just so happens that I was also taken with our own post game speech this week and felt a particular lack of enthusiasm. 

Haven't you said this in so many other threads and now you have your own??Man, I understand the concern because at times it does seem like he is a little unenthusiastic.. But we don't know what happens in that organization when the doors close and the media leaves.

I serious;y don't know what you're talking about. 

With all the hard work these guys put in, nothing wrong with showing some positive emotion at the right time regardless of what week it is.  Doing it in the locker room when the other team isn't there to be pissed about your jubulenc is a perfect time for that kind of reaction. 

Not like the Rex Ryan Fck Yeah fist pumps for 2nd quarter FG's to put your team down 14-3.  Sure as hell don't miss that.

It is when you go overboard acting like you yourself are surprised by the W.

How do you tell the difference between celebrating like you're shocked you won vs. pure happiness that you won a big game.  What's even the difference? It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  

I'd be pretty pissed if the jets acted like they accomplished something in beating the phins.

so is the point of this thread that the jets are supposed to act like they lost their virginity after every win vs acting like they've been there before?    And if they did act like they won the super bowl, the point of this thread wouldn't be the other way, right?  "Jets over excited about beating the fins."

have I ever said the Jets fanbase sucks sometimes?

then you aren't very bright. You posted a thread, I responded to the subject manner. If you don't get that then there probably isn't any hope.

No. You suggested I have an agenda or something to which I responded I do not know what you are talking about. Now you are calling me stupid. Sure is nice to talk to you. 

Very interesting fella. 

We beat the Dolphins, they beat the Patriots (Can't wait), ergo the enthusiasm. When we beat a team with a winning record, our boys will act all a fool too.

Bingo the undefeated Patriots.. Plus both Bowles and Brick are low keys guys that probably yawn when having a orgasm..:)

I'd be pretty pissed if the jets acted like they accomplished something in beating the phins.

so is the point of this thread that the jets are supposed to act like they lost their virginity after every win vs acting like they've been there before?    And if they did act like they won the super bowl, the point of this thread wouldn't be the other way, right?  "Jets over excited about beating the fins."

have I ever said the Jets fanbase sucks sometimes?

LOL Saying a fan base which you are a part of sucks yet thinking you are somehow removed from that statement is hilarious. 

I'm not sure if you realize Just how much you complain about things here. You complaining about the fan base is still complaining. 

Lower your dukes for a second while explain the intention of this thread to you. It was a mere comparison of extremes to establish a dialog. A method utilized in many instances in an attempt to remove the potential for misunderstanding. Seems it didn't work here because you have your fist cocked at all times ready to further your rhetoric by attacking the idea which haven't even grasped. 

The best thread ever? Surely not, but come on man. I actually find it interesting to ponder the way in which our team and staff respond to certain situations. No need to call people names and attack me, or anyone else, for it. 

If it doesn't interest you, that's cool. Then just move on. Besides CrazyCarl already busted my balls for it before you anyway. 

wtf, Brick is a long in the tooth vet who has been there and done that over and over.  He played like crap but the rest of the team had his back vs a crap opponent who they blew out.  Why would you expect him to be enthusiastic?  

That's actually a really good point. I didn't even think of that. It would be hard for a guy who had a bad game to be all psyched up and jovial in a situation I'd bet. (if i wasn't a gambling addict that is) 

Especially with a camera in his face. 

No. You suggested I have an agenda or something to which I responded I do not know what you are talking about. Now you are calling me stupid. Sure is nice to talk to you. 

Very interesting fella. 

I didn't suggest anything of the sort nor did I imply that. It's frustrating to respond the same way other posters do but you pick me out to try to make a fool out of? Yeah, a little dull minded to do.

Just something I noticed. Haven't drawn any solid conclusions but I figured It was worth a post here. Check out Brick's demeanor when doing the home of the Jets thing.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/POSTGAME-SPEECH-Todd-Bowles/a044464e-2b2f-4363-a00f-c22cfa538590 

For comparison here is the Broncos locker room after last nights victory. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Postgame-victory-speech/89832e97-41d0-4e4b-9b33-0e38556a0612

Any thoughts? 

I watched that Jets video the other day, and was similarly alarmed by the "blah" vibe radiating from Brick. I wonder if he's one of the tone setters that has contributed to the "coming out flat" problem over the past 10 years, because that jekyll/hyde team personality has been here since Mangini.

I didn't suggest anything of the sort nor did I imply that. It's frustrating to respond the same way other posters do but you pick me out to try to make a fool out of? Yeah, a little dull minded to do.

Check the thread. I did not single you out.

Anyhoo I don't want to argue about this with you man. Generally I like most of your posts. Can I buy you a wheat grass shot sometime when I'm in town?

I watched that Jets video the other day, and was similarly alarmed by the "blah" vibe radiating from Brick. I wonder if he's one of the tone setters that has contributed to the "coming out flat" problem over the past 10 years, because that jekyll/hyde team personality has been here since Mangini.

That's really an interesting thought.

Archived