Guns N Roses Reunion Rumors

AFJF

Lots of rumors floating around ever since Slash said he and Axl are on speaking terms again....that alone is something I thought I'd never see.

If this happens...I'm there...as much as I hate what Axl allowed to happen to them over the years.  Haven't seen Axl and Slash on stage together since the GNR/Metallica tour at the Meadowlands many years ago.

Rumors about them playing Reading or Chochella.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reading-festival/

The latest in the recent round of Guns N’ Roses classic lineup reunion rumors suggests the band will be on hand as headliners at next year’s Reading Festival.

Even though the report is unconfirmed, cites no sources and should be taken with a heavy grain of salt, the Bristol Post says GNR are “expected to be on the bill” when Reading announces its 2016 lineup on Dec. 4. The paper’s entertainment columnist, Craig Jones, notes that bookies have tabbed the band as heavy favorites for next year’s festival.

Again, it’s worth noting that this is all unsubstantiated at present, and Vegas odds don’t mean much where Axl Rose is concerned. But if you’re the type of person who subscribes to the “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” school of thought regarding celebrity rumors, then it’s hard not to wonder about the recent flurry of reports insisting there’s a reunion on the horizon.

Long-suffering GNR fans will get their answer to the Reading rumor, one way or another, when the festival lineup is made public in a couple days — but even if Guns N’ Roses aren’t on the bill, we can almost certainly expect word of a reunion from yet another anonymous source at some point in the not-too-distant future. At some point, maybe one of them will even turn out to be true — after all, according to Nikki Sixx, “everyone knows” plans are in the works for the band to get back together.

Read More: Guns N' Roses Rumored to Reunite for 2016 Reading Festival | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reading-festival/?trackback=tsmclip

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money talks eventually.  As long as the reunion doesn't consist of 3 guitarists all jizzing on each other with noodly leads then it'd be cool.  Go back to the dirty, less overproduced stage of the old pre UYL days. 

I know DJ Ashba stepped down recently and one of the other 18 or so guitarists they use has one foot out the door.

Axl/Slash/Duff as the core and I'm happy with 1 or 2 other guys who come along.  No need for a million guys up on stage.

Do people actually want to see this?

God, yes.

I know DJ Ashba stepped down recently and one of the other 18 or so guitarists they use has one foot out the door.

Axl/Slash/Duff as the core and I'm happy with 1 or 2 other guys who come along.  No need for a million guys up on stage.

Need Izzy or it's not worth doing.

God, yes.

Need Izzy or it's not worth doing.

Izzy has played a gig here and there with Axl, but I don't think he'd have any interest in the big touring scene...that's why he gave it up before the Use Your Illusion tours.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I love G n' R but the last time I saw Axl sing he was huffing and puffing through half the set. It might be better leaving it in the past. 

A true reunion would have to be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven Adler, but I don't know if Adler is sober these days. I would assume Matt Sorum would be the drummer for any type of show/tour. 

Damn, they were a kick ass band, though. 

gunsnroses.jpg

This is who should be playing halftime of the SB. 

If it was 1987, yes.

While I would like to see them get together, I think time has passed them by..especially Axl "Chinese Democracy" Rose.

axl ruined what should have been my generations rolling stones

**** him

Pretty reasonable statement.  I still remember exactly what I was doing first time I heard them.  Was working for a paving company the summer before starting undergrad.  I was burning asphalt off a couple kerosene soaked shovels and someone turned it one of the truck radios.  Loved the sound and loved the shredding.  One of my top five favorite of the 80's. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I love G n' R but the last time I saw Axl sing he was huffing and puffing through half the set. It might be better leaving it in the past. 

A true reunion would have to be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven Adler, but I don't know if Adler is sober these days. I would assume Matt Sorum would be the drummer for any type of show/tour. 

gunsnroses.jpg

gunsnroses.jpg

Probably need Dizzy Reed to tickle the ivory as well.

When they were sober they were dynamite. The only thing that was terrible was Axl never showed on time. The live albums are money.

I only saw some videos of their tour with Metallic and they were pretty bad, Metallica was way better, but maybe that was later on. Don't really remember?

I only saw some videos of their tour with Metallic and they were pretty bad, Metallica was way bad, but maybe that was later on. Don't really remember?

They were amazing live...saw the a couple times myself and got the Tokyo concert on VHS as a gift when it came out back then...I still look those clips up on youtube from time to time.

That tour was in 1992 I believe. Things were just starting to fall apart then. ha.

Meant to say Metallica was way better :)

And that makes sense, I was in high school in 92 and remember deciding against chasing GNR because so many people told me they stunk and Metallica blew them away after those shows. The must of played in NJ somewhere

Meant to say Metallica was way better :)

And that makes sense, I was in high school in 92 and remember deciding against chasing GNR because so many people told me they stunk and Metallica blew them away after those shows. The must of played in NJ somewhere

They stunk because they played sh*tface balls drunk.  Nothing good can come of that, ever.  Not only does the music suck, but the unpredictability and attitudes that come along with the beer muscles too, hence Axl's temper tantrums.  I've played with all types.  The stoners I don't mind, frankly on any drug.  Played with guys on acid, heroin, weed, coke, you name it.  All of them could play.  In fact sometimes they'd come up with some really cool stuff.  Cokeheads sucked because everything got sped up, but they could still play.  But man alcohol.... I have rarely encountered someone who could play sh*tface drunk.  It is always noticeable.  I once joined a band where everyone seemed to be pretty straight.  My first gig with them the other original guitarist was bombed.  We started into the first song and he turned to me and asked what the chords were.  He wrote the friggin song!  He couldn't remember chords, notes, you name it.  It's one thing to have a beer or 2 to take an edge off, but 4 pint glasses of vodka tonics is just not going to work out.  I quit that band the next day.

Archived