Fatcessa tomorrow

drdetroit

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the hate. When the Jets are good Mike gives them their due.  When the Mets took over NYC , Mike pointed out that they are going to be good for the foreseeable future and still does so.  He's the rare Yankee fan that kills the team when called for.

He's pompous but he is also hands down the leader in his field.  The guy DOES have the greatest gig going.

his opening monologue will be 18 minutes about going for it on 4th and goal

As it should be. Coughlin cost his team a chance at the playoffs. The Jets deserve credit, but the play of the game was that 4th down play call. We deserved to lose and got lucky the Giants coughlin-ed it up. 

Can I trademark "Coughlin-ed it up"?

I'm sure he's a nice guy but I don't want to hear Ira from Staten Islabd repeat media talking points.  I want to hear a full on assault on Fatboy by jets fans.

I call the show.  You call the show.  Dupe, delude and demoralize him.

fatcesa? Real f in mature! His job is to get ratings. So u hate him yet he is doing his job. U and all the other tools that hate him will call in and tune in. He wins. 

He has torched the Giants all year. He talked up the Mets, and if the Jets were good he'd say it. We know what we are. An average team. What does calling him and "assaulting " him do? I don't get it!

I don't get the hate. When the Jets are good Mike gives them their due.  When the Mets took over NYC , Mike pointed out that they are going to be good for the foreseeable future and still does so.  He's the rare Yankee fan that kills the team when called for.

He's pompous but he is also hands down the leader in his field.  The guy DOES have the greatest gig going.

Mike only liked the jets while Parcells was here. He wa s Bill's butt boy

I couldn't agree more. Mike is more impartial than most people here give him credit for. Yes, he hated the Ryan-Tanna regime with a passion, but he's moved on...

He's pompous but he is also hands down the leader in his field. 

I'm not a sports radio authority, but I agree. I'm pretty sure that Francesca is the gold standard nationwide.  What cracks me up is that not only do other personalities kind of copy his style, but so do the callers.  

Mike is an arrogant prick, but when he says the Jets got lucky, the Giants handed them the game, and just are not that good of a team he won't be saying anything that isn't true, it will be the ignorant Jets fans that call up, and give him the ammunition to go full on assault on the Jets.  Don't give him the ammo, it is simple don't call at all.

Mike is an arrogant prick, but when he says the Jets got lucky, the Giants handed them the game, and just are not that good of a team he won't be saying anything that isn't true, it will be the ignorant Jets fans that call up, and give him the ammunition to go full on assault on the Jets.  Don't give him the ammo, it is simple don't call at all.

How did the Jets get lucky?? The Giants got a punt return for a TD, and recovered fumble in Jets terriorty, and a 72 yard TD on a busted coverage. If anything, the Giants were lucky the whole game. The Jets kept making dumb mistakes, and the refs let the Giants Oline hold almost at will, barring a few where it looked like they were trying to put the Jets Dline in a Camel Clutch and they had to call it. The Jets won the game, it was not luck.

As it should be. Coughlin cost his team a chance at the playoffs. The Jets deserve credit, but the play of the game was that 4th down play call. We deserved to lose and got lucky the Giants coughlin-ed it up. 

Can I trademark "Coughlin-ed it up"?

I agree that it was the wrong call but I think it's being overblown a bit because of the Giants constant awful decision making this year. Giants get 6 there and it's game over. They take the 3 and its a 13 point game but why is it just assumed that the Jets can't score 2 TDs and win the game in regulation? The offense drove down to the 6 yard line immediately after the pick, is it guaranteed that we can't score a TD given 4 downs in that situation? The Giants defense couldn't get a stop at any point when they needed one, why are we just conceding that they get one there?

How did the Jets get lucky?? The Giants got a punt return for a TD, and recovered fumble in Jets terriorty, and a 72 yard TD on a busted coverage. If anything, the Giants were lucky the whole game. The Jets kept making dumb mistakes, and the refs let the Giants Oline hold almost at will, barring a few where it looked like they were trying to put the Jets Dline in a Camel Clutch and they had to call it. The Jets won the game, it was not luck.

Not to mention a free first down by going offsides on the punt, a free first down with an illegal contact and 3rd and 86, and a free first down with a pass interference on 3rd and long.. all on the same drive.

Luck only applies in people's minds at the end of the game. We shot ourselves in the foot constantly for the first 3 quarters, and when that stopped in the 4th we outscored the Giants 13-0 and won the game. Simple as that.

fatcesa? Real f in mature! His job is to get ratings. So u hate him yet he is doing his job. U and all the other tools that hate him will call in and tune in. He wins. 

He has torched the Giants all year. He talked up the Mets, and if the Jets were good he'd say it. We know what we are. An average team. What does calling him and "assaulting " him do? I don't get it!

it's nice to know which posters are actually Giants fans

I couldn't agree more. Mike is more impartial than most people here give him credit for. Yes, he hated the Ryan-Tanna regime with a passion, but he's moved on...

he hates both Woody and Rex.  Fatboy has said publicly him and Woody don't like each other.

mike Francesa hates the Jets and their fans

Not to mention a free first down by going offsides on the punt, a free first down with an illegal contact and 3rd and 86, and a free first down with a pass interference on 3rd and long.. all on the same drive.

Luck only applies in people's minds at the end of the game. We shot ourselves in the foot constantly for the first 3 quarters, and when that stopped in the 4th we outscored the Giants 13-0 and won the game. Simple as that.

who cares if it was a lucky win.  If the Giants got lucky nobody would say sh-t

it's nice to know which posters are actually Giants fans

u call me a giant fan because I say the jets are average?? Yeah that makes sense. I spend a lot of $ on my jets season tix, tons of time reading about and watching jet games for a giant fan.  Your comment was almost as dumb as your original post . Almost!

See I feel bad for you, you actually think this Jets team is good, and you will be upset when they let you down, this is the first time I have ever seen through a Jets team, every other Jets team that was fighting for playoff spot this late in the season I was all in, fully committed to the cause, and every year I was let down.  When they get a team that can show me 60 minutes of football with out looking lost, and a Special Teams that isn't disfunct, and a QB who isn't just heart (yes Fitz played his ass off, put his blood, and guts all out on that field, luckily the Giants have the worst pass defense in the NFL so it wasn't that hard to throw all over their ass, don't be fooled by the last 8 minutes, and OT), and a defense that isn't prone to fall asleep at some point of the game.

Archived