Fatcessa tomorrow

drdetroit

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has defended the 4th down play to the max..no wavering

I think that coughlin was telling you when he went for it that he had no confidence in his D.  I don't agree with the move but he was trying to finish the game off there.  The problem is they hadn't scored a  Td all game from close in.  Too risky.   The fact that Eli threw a pick wasn't a huge deal it was 4th anyway. 

Oh Mike was a Jet fan boy when his Saratoga Pony Pal Parcells was coaching Jets.. As soon as Parcells left Jets, Fat Mike was anti Jets with venom (he was ultimate band wagoner, became anti jet in 10 seconds, LOL)

I agree.  But that's the point, he isn't defending the Giants because they're on WFAN.  He didn't give the Jets preferential treatment when they were on the FAN either.  Only when his buddy was part of the Jets 

As I recall Bill and Fat Mike had some kind of falling out.   Didn't go to Parcells HOF induction.  When asked about it, he said he wasn't invited.  

Also mentioned it once on the show , and said it was personal.   Don't know if they have kissed and made up since, like Bill, and Lil Bill supposedly have

I don't get the hate. When the Jets are good Mike gives them their due.  When the Mets took over NYC , Mike pointed out that they are going to be good for the foreseeable future and still does so.  He's the rare Yankee fan that kills the team when called for.

He's pompous but he is also hands down the leader in his field.  The guy DOES have the greatest gig going.

Totally agree. Mike hated/hates Rex Ryan and that entire circus. I think he has been more than fair and objective on the new regime and the team in general. They are 7-5, not 11-1. I heard him say "it is nice to see the Jets have someone in charge of football operations that actually knows what he is doing". Although Mike is overbearing to the max, he does say a lot of intelligent things a lot of the time in regards to sports and reality in general, and is in no way, the idiot you all think he is. Mike is a smart cat. Educated. I used to love M&TMD and listened to their every word for many years. I think both of their careers have slipped due to the ending of that great show. 

there's no way you can say it was 50/50 they would win up 10 at that point in the game.  It wasn't the best move but it wasn't the as bad as people are making it out to be.  if they kick the FG it changes our offense, maybe we score a Td instead of FG and beat them 24-23 in regulation rather than 23-20 in OT?  The bottom line is they didn't execute down the stretch and Eli made 2 huge blunders.

Thing is if the Jints kick it and go up 13, the Jets need 2 TDs while their offense had done very little to that point. The Jets' FG driv stalled out on a 4th and 6, and had to make a 4th and 6 with Fitz scrambling on the last drive. Further if the ints stuck to the conservative way and simply ran the ball every play, the time factor working against the jets would have been really prohibitive. Basically if you flow chart things, every alternative outcome should have favored the Jints if they kick the FG. 

we were still in desperation mode on the last 2 drives and we didn't turn it over.  yes they should have kicked it but no that's not why we won the game.

are you nuts, jets were not scoring 2 tds in final 8 minutes. they had the ball for 4 minutes the entire 2H. jets are not a quick strike O. Coughlin should be put out to pasture. A good friend of mine is a Gmen fan for some 45 yrs. One of the smartest football fans I know, he went ballastic on the 4th and 2. Add to that the previous brainfarts from CS in 3 other games.... Jets were gifted game and have no need to apologize for it. To say the jets would have won is also complete lunacy.

are you nuts, jets were not scoring 2 tds in final 8 minutes. they had the ball for 4 minutes the entire 2H. jets are not a quick strike O. Coughlin should be put out to pasture. A good friend of mine is a Gmen fan for some 45 yrs. One of the smartest football fans I know, he went ballastic on the 4th and 2. Add to that the previous brainfarts from CS in 3 other games.... Jets were gifted game and have no need to apologize for it. To say the jets would have won is also complete lunacy.

jets would have scored 2 TDs, looking back. 

First of all they scored 10 - and in first drive went deep enough (a 1st and goal) that there was an element of having to come away with points vs need a TD. No turnover, got the FG, preserved time on clock and the timeouts.

2nd drive was desperation football. TD or lose. And we got the TD.

the Jets could easily have scored 2 TDs, was not an irrational proposition. but if the Giants flipped a quick TD pass right there - it was game over. 

Show me a single Jet fan who wasn't in agony once it was clear what the Giants wanted to do. If you want to fault giant coaching maybe take umbrage with the play call, strategy was sound.

Thing is if the Jints kick it and go up 13, the Jets need 2 TDs while their offense had done very little to that point. The Jets' FG driv stalled out on a 4th and 6, and had to make a 4th and 6 with Fitz scrambling on the last drive. Further if the ints stuck to the conservative way and simply ran the ball every play, the time factor working against the jets would have been really prohibitive. Basically if you flow chart things, every alternative outcome should have favored the Jints if they kick the FG. 

we entered that 1st drive knowing we needed points, playcalls change if we know we need TDs.  Again, I am not saying the decision wasn't a bad one but it's being made out like it lost NYg the game and was the worst decision ever.  NYg still had a great chance, we made plays and they didn't.

why would we not have scored 2 TDs?  we aren't quick strike yet we had 2 quick scores to tie the game. 

I never said the Jets would have won but we don't know they would have lost either.  we still would have had a great shot if they kicked the FG.

we were still in desperation mode on the last 2 drives and we didn't turn it over.  yes they should have kicked it but no that's not why we won the game.

Jets had the ball for a total of 4 minutes and this quick strike O was going to score 14 pts in final 8 minutes lol, they had what some 20 minutes to score 10 points in 1H 

Jets had the ball for a total of 4 minutes and this quick strike O was going to score 14 pts in final 8 minutes lol, they had what some 20 minutes to score 10 points in 1H 

They scored 10 in that span, why couldn't they score 14?  their mindset was they needed a FG and TD so they settled for 3 on the first one.  if they needed a Td it changes the mindset and playcalling.  Maybe we don't win? but to act like we have no chance is asinine.

Oh Mike was a Jet fan boy when his Saratoga Pony Pal Parcells was coaching Jets.. As soon as Parcells left Jets, Fat Mike was anti Jets with venom (he was ultimate band wagoner, became anti jet in 10 seconds, LOL)

true.  Fatboy didn't become a jet hater until 2009 when Rex showed up.

They scored 10 in that span, why couldn't they score 14?  their mindset was they needed a FG and TD so they settled for 3 on the first one.  if they needed a Td it changes the mindset and playcalling.  Maybe we don't win? but to act like we have no chance is asinine.

less than 5% chance. 

They absolutely could have scored 14.  First drive 1st and goal.  It's not like they kicked a 55 yard FG.  If they knew they needed 2 TDs, they would have adjusted the strategy to accomplish that. 

They absolutely could have scored 14.  First drive 1st and goal.  It's not like they kicked a 55 yard FG.  If they knew they needed 2 TDs, they would have adjusted the strategy to accomplish that. 

dream on and would have used up more time , believe what you want, jets do not have to apologize to anyone how they won game

For the most part, Mike knows his stuff about football and baseball. I can't say I always agree with what he is said, but he's not a complete idiot

The thing that makes it hard for me to listen to his show is the way he interact with callers and guests; especially the guests. It's so annoying when he will have someone on, he will ask them a question and he won't let the person answer the questions because he has to say something. He just comes off as an insecure person who always has to try to show that he is knowledgeable about things when hr doesn't even need to do all that

I still listen mostly because the ESPN radio shows are crap. Some days I just can't bare to listen to him though

I'm sure he's a nice guy but I don't want to hear Ira from Staten Islabd repeat media talking points.  I want to hear a full on assault on Fatboy by jets fans.

I call the show.  You call the show.  Dupe, delude and demoralize him.

I just remember that in Jan 2010, after the Jets beat the Patriots in the playoffs in one if the biggest wins in Franchise history, the top story in Fatcessa's show the next day was on the St. John's game that no one actually cared about. After that I stopped listening to the douche bag.

Francesa: "This isn't a tough Coughlin team. Not a touch of toughness on defense."

Francesa is on the air talking Giants/Jets. "I agree with what Tom did on 4th down....you go and end the game on one play!''

More buttkissing by fatcessa. At least the Fat Boy is consistant.            Monzo may been fired after this tweet

As I recall Bill and Fat Mike had some kind of falling out.   Didn't go to Parcells HOF induction.  When asked about it, he said he wasn't invited.  

Also mentioned it once on the show , and said it was personal.   Don't know if they have kissed and made up since, like Bill, and Lil Bill supposedly have

Francesa admitted to it on the show after everyone gave him s about not getting any guests for superbowl week including Parcells who was doing every show imaginable

• 1 month later...

Archived