Midget Observations

KRL

The way Fitz has played this year keeping him in this same offense and adding a few dynamic parts is what this team needs to do. I agree we need to sign a bad ass O-lineman and somehow get an explosive RB to add to Ivory and Powell along with a TE . I think if we had a real TE and Powell was healthy all year this team would be in much better shape right now. Fitz is getting it done and he's 32 not 38 he's never had this type of talent to work with and he's proving that maybe that's all he needed. Funny I said earlier in the year his arm would get better as the year progressed and is has by a large margin. He looks like a different QB now than he did earlier in the season. When your in a cast from a broken bone the rehab can take some time and a lot of what a QB does throwing the football comes from the lower body. The Jets just need to add to this offense and not mess much with whats going on. Most people wonder why QB's like Brady and Manning and Brees and Rodgers are able to succeed every year by adding a player here and a player there and the answer is simple its because they are always in the same system so its easy to add a new part and that's the key its all about scheme and fine tuning that scheme.

Re the bolded portion:  I think if we had a competent backup Center we'd be 1-2 wins better off right now.  When Mangold goes out, this team goes into the crapper.  It's very scary and needs to be addressed next year for certain.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me what Colon did to draw that penalty? I was watching the game in a bar and didn't catch that. Thanks

In post game presser Bowles said it was for being outside the designated box area on the sidelines.  Petty crap considering DRC pushed our player well out of bounds w/o a penalty.

It was a royal gift by Coughlin, Jets do not have to apologize for his senility. Enjoy the win for sure but it does not happen if Gmen kick the extra point FG. Jets had done nothing in 2H up to then. Take the gift and run. For Jets fans to say that wasnt the reason for win are sipping green koolaid, are blind and perhaps senile as well

Hey Rich, how are you? I'm actually honored by all the attention with me (UNC signature, LOL) , I am honored by all the attention. Hope your life gets better, I pray for you to find peace, which appears to be evading you. Hang in there pal. Good vibes = Good karma. Are you back as Jets fan, I can't tell? hopefully so, since we are winning now. Its more fun.  :)

It will lose him his job IMHO. That missed 4th down allowed Jets to call offensive plays different knowing they coyuld 'settle' for 1 FG rather than go for 2 TDs. Would we have scored 2 TDs? Maybe, but it made it easier on Gailey for sure and put more pressure on Giants Defense .

Giants were only having success w/basically 2 routes in game both of which arent suited for near endzone. Very odd call by Gianst Coach. Should hav ekicked FG and forced Jets hand to go for 2 TDs. jets knew they could be stalled at 30 yd line and not go for it and kick 47 yarder if needed.

In post game presser Bowles said it was for being outside the designated box area on the sidelines.  Petty crap considering DRC pushed our player well out of bounds w/o a penalty.

he was also yelling at Pierre for using over wrapped cast as a club to players head, refs should have called that at least once to keep him aware its illegal.

LOL, remember Deacon Jones..I think the rule was put in becaus eof him? You remember Savage?

Sometime's the O-lineman would get slapped so hard he was looking out of the ear hole on the side of his Helmet.. Yep Deacon and the fearsome foursome was a great group when they played "Real" football.. And Deacon was the reason they did lots of things..

Sometime's the O-lineman would get slapped so hard he was looking out of the ear hole on the side of his Helmet.. Yep Deacon and the fearsome foursome was a great group when they played "Real" football.. And Deacon was the reason they did lots of things..

LOL, great line: "slapped so hard he was looking out of the ear hole on the side of his Helmet":

Don't you miss real football? Goodell and company has really turned this into a pansy and cheating league. 

Don't you miss real football? Goodell and company has really turned this into a pansy and cheating league. 

Sorry can't blam Goodell for everything. Owners with a win at all cost and cover up of medical and injury issues opened up law suits that could financial bring down the league

The OL needs to be addressed in a successful manor whether that be hitting on a guy,  or 2 in next year's draft, or spending the money on a top FA lineman who shakes loose.  They need a playmaker shifty type RB with speed to outrun the defense, TE huge issue, the LB core is not looking so hot either need outside pass rusher, Special Teams needs to be fixed ASAP,  and most importantly the Jets need to find a franchise QB, without one the rest of it doesn't matter.  Yes it's nice this team is having success, and giving the fans something to route for, and not feel embarrassed about being a Jets fan like the last few years, but for the future I don't want a 9-7, 10-6 team that has zero chance of winning the SB even thou they get in as the wild card for the playoffs, I want to be able to watch the Jets play, and know that when they line up on offense that QB can take us to a place nobody has been able to get us to since Joe Willie, and I want one for a long stretch of years not 1 year of it like we had with Favre, he could have taken us there if he doesn't get hurt, and him, and Schotty disagreed with the game plan, play calls, and overall philosophy of the offense.

It's time for the football gods to cut the Jets a break, and deliver us a QB that is special.

I still can't comprehend why they did not throw a 7th rounder at La'el Collins? Kids been playing on the Dallas OL and was a consensus 1st round pick. That thing with his old girlfriend getting killed screwed him.... By the time the draft started, the police had basically cleared the guy.

WTF?! MacDaddy blew that one!

More crap considering he was on the Jets sideline talking smack right back; maybe Colon should have stayed in the box (apparently not being dressed hurt too), but shouldn't the jack*$s from the other team get a penalty for staying on the opposing teams sideline talking smack.  Apparently the officials and the via impartial commentators didn't agree with me.

I still can't comprehend why they did not throw a 7th rounder at La'el Collins? Kids been playing on the Dallas OL and was a consensus 1st round pick. That thing with his old girlfriend getting killed screwed him.... By the time the draft started, the police had basically cleared the guy.

WTF?! MacDaddy blew that one!

His agent said that if anyone drafted him lower than 3rd, he would sit out the season and re-enter the draft next year (which I think shouldn't be allowed, but the NFL should have let him sit out this draft so...).  We could have signed him as an UDFA, but Cowboys offered more. Not sure if the Jets were interested...

Archived