Dangerous Titans Game

kevinc855

So, we are all feeling good but you had your victory Monday morning now on to next week. The Titans.

I'm a New York transplant who now lives north of Nahsville so I get to see this team alot. Let me make something clear, they are much better then their record indicates. Marriota is the real deal and their defense makes plays. I'm nervous about this Trap game, that we are SUPPOSED to win. Jets need a solid plan and play it like a playoff game.

So, we are all feeling good but you had your victory Monday morning now on to next week. The Titans.

I'm a New York transplant who now lives north of Nahsville so I get to see this team alot. Let me make something clear, they are much better then their record indicates. Marriota is the real deal and their defense makes plays. I'm nervous about this Trap game, that we are SUPPOSED to win. Jets need a solid plan and play it like a playoff game.

This team is not good enough to have trap games.  If the defensive line can be disruptive enough, the Jets will win.  If not, our secondary can be beaten by any QB at this point.  Exciting to play meaningful football, and I think and hope they'll carry this momentum over.

Plus, this is all setting up for us to lose to Rex in Buffalo to miss the playoffs.

This team is not good enough to have trap games.  If the defensive line can be disruptive enough, the Jets will win.  If not, our secondary can be beaten by any QB at this point.  Exciting to play meaningful football, and I think and hope they'll carry this momentum over.

Plus, this is all setting up for us to lose to Rex in Buffalo to miss the playoffs.

Wow so young, so jaded and probably 100% spot on.

YEP.  This is a game the old JETS lose. Much like the Buffalo, Oakland and Philly games this year.

Who will show up....

All games are dangerous - that was one of my biggest problems with Rex; he could hype a team way up for a big game, but then there were the 'reading own press' and 'let down games'.  We have to beat the Titans and the Cowboys and at least one of Bills/Pats.  Each game from now on is pretty much a playoff game.  Got to win the games that we are 'supposed' to win.

Hopefully, Bowles has beaten the 'let down game'/'reading own press' games out of the culture by now.

Every game left on the schedule IS a playoff game.

If they handle their business, this team will have been "in the playoffs" for a solid month and a half, before they actually start... which I hope translates into a nice little "out of nowhere" run.

Titans are an odd lot, somehow has bad as their record is, they have scored over 30+ points in 4 games this season. We've only done it twice.

That being said, at least they've been inconsistent, they've lost the following game after scoring over 30 the week before. 

They've also lost their last 2 visits here 24-17, I'm expecting a similar outcome. 

Agree with all of it accept I wouldn't call it a trap game.  There are no trap games in December.  Or at least there shouldn't be.

Tennessee is 9th in the NFL in passing yards/game given up and 15th in rushing yards/game given up.

8th in the NFL in total yards given up/game

Yet they are 21st in points/game given up tied with the Giants

And I may have found out why. Tennessee has given up the 7th most points off of turnovers in the NFL if the chart is up to date.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-net-turnover-points-statistics/2015/

Tennessee is 9th in the NFL in passing yards/game given up and 15th in rushing yards/game given up.

8th in the NFL in total yards given up/game

Yet they are 21st in points/game given up tied with the Giants

They have a terrible record.  They are losing in most of their games, therefore teams should be running to kill clock.  They are something like 27th in yards per pass attempt and give up like 5.5 yards per play.  You said they had a very good pass defense.  I was looking for a reason that they might be better than what I thought, those gross stats are not telling me much - other than that they probably get down early.

The obvious concern is the running QB.  Not sure if they will get McCluster back and he is the type of guy that gives the Jets trouble.  Their top receiving threat is Delanie Walker.  Normally the Jets have trouble with TEs and backs catching the ball, but that usually stems from their being secondary threats.  Hunter is on IR and hopefully our expensive secondary can handle DGB, Kendall Wright and Harry Douglas.

They just gave up 39 points to the Jags at home.

Mariota has definitely been better than expected but they've struggled vs. teams who have any resemblance of a D.  His good games, have been vs. literally the worst D's in the NFL.  If we're getting Revis and Williams back, this really shouldnt be a contest.

But it's the NFL and this is the Jets we're talking about, so...

This is where rationalization is your friend.  If the Jets lose on Sunday, they were never good enough to make the playoffs anyway.

Besides, who cares right now? It is the first victory monday after a Giants game since Nirvana was making music.  I'm going to have a smile on my face all week long.  No room for worry.  I'll let our boys do the worrying...  the sense I get in the locker room is one of a tight group of players who are starting to gel.  Have confidence.  Enjoy the ride.

Archived