....Jets still pretenders.

Shadetree

Hi guys, Pessimistic azzhole here.

Now that everyone has had 24 hrs to enjoy the victory, let's face it, this team doesn't make it to the dance. 

They gotta go 4-0 the rest of the way and that ain't happening. 

-again, disappointing OL play.

-again, the pass rush against a weak line was "eh"

Those two aspects of our team will be our undoing. The schedule says 3-1, at best, and 10-6 will leave us vastly improved over last year, but on the outside looking in this year.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, Pessimistic a$$hole here.

Now that everyone has had 24 hrs to enjoy the victory, let's face it, this team doesn't make it to the dance. 

Those two aspects of our team will be our undoing. The schedule says 3-1, at best, and 10-6 will leave us vastly improved over last year, but on the outside looking in this year.

we have to go 4-0 to make it as a wildcard?

3-1 could be good enough ... our main challenge will come from Pitt, and they play Cincy & Denver the next two weeks. If Pitt win both of those, it'd be hard to begrudge them a spot in the post season.

Other than that, it's probably Buffalo and Houston, and we're a game up on both right now.

Jets need to go 3-1. I think the Jets handle the Titans and Cowboys without much of a problem.. we're coming with a lot of momentum.

New England is a toss up. I think this game comes down to JETS vs REX Part II. Winner goes to the playoffs at 10-6, loser goes home.

Jets need to go 3-1. I think the Jets handle the Titans and Cowboys without much of a problem.. we're coming with a lot of momentum.

New England is a toss up. I think this game comes down to JETS vs REX Part II. Winner goes to the playoffs at 10-6, loser goes home.

I can see the Bills getting spanked in Philly this week, which would put them in a major hole.

3-1 could be good enough ... our main challenge will come from Pitt, and they play Cincy & Denver the next two weeks. If Pitt win both of those, it'd be hard to begrudge them a spot in the post season.

Other than that, it's probably Buffalo and Houston, and we're a game up on both right now.

You optimistic prick. Ha. I hope you're right. I think Pitt wins those games cuz, you know, I'm a pessimistic azzhole.

KC has a cakewalk and might not lose another game.

Pitt has Denver and Cinny.. then Cleveland and Oakland

We somehow have the tiebreaker over Pitt.. but do not with KC

If we go 3-1, you'd have to think Pitt will lose at least once.. and we should get in.

I like to think of myself as a realistic fan, but to state that Pittsburgh will DEFINITELY win out with games at the Bengals and against Denver is crazy.  Is there a 10-15% chance it happens?  Sure, but there is no way that on 12/7 you can state that without question it will.  The bottom line is beat the 2 teams you are supposed to beat and shoot for 1 out of the last 2.  Houston has NE left which should get them to 7 losses, Oakland is out of it and do you really see Rex winning the last 5 games of the season?  If we go 10-6, there's a 90% we get in.

I think 10-6 gets in. 9-7 is where you would have to worry

KC has a cakewalk and might not lose another game.

Pitt has Denver and Cinny.. then Cleveland and Oakland

We somehow have the tiebreaker over Pitt.. but do not with KC

If we go 3-1, you'd have to think Pitt will lose at least once.. and we should get in.

Pitt finish with Ravens and Browns, not Raiders.

If Jets and Steelers both finish 10-6, it'll be down to conference record ... Steelers would have 5 losses (4 so far, plus any remaining loss is definitely a conference loss). Unless the Jets beat the Patsies, Bills and Titans and lose to the Cowboys, we'd also have 5 conference losses.

After that it goes to common games, and I'm not sure how it goes from there ... we've both played the Pats, Colts, Raiders and Browns, but we played the Pats twice and Pitt play the Browns twice. Would that count? If so we're screwed, with 2 losses and a possible third. But that wouldn't seem a fair tie-breaker. So I'm stumped as to how it would end up.

We currently only have the tie-break over Pitt as we've played more conference games (we're 5-4, they're 4-4).

Pitt finish with Ravens and Browns, not Raiders.

If Jets and Steelers both finish 10-6, it'll be down to conference record ... Steelers would have 5 losses (4 so far, plus any remaining loss is definitely a conference loss). Unless the Jets beat the Patsies, Bills and Titans and lose to the Cowboys, we'd also have 5 conference losses.

After that it goes to common games, and I'm not sure how it goes from there ... we've both played the Pats, Colts, Raiders and Browns, but we played the Pats twice and Pitt play the Browns twice. Would that count? If so we're screwed, with 2 losses and a possible third. But that wouldn't seem a fair tie-breaker. So I'm stumped as to how it would end up.

We currently only have the tie-break over Pitt as we've played more conference games (we're 5-4, they're 4-4).

Not a fair tie-breaker at all, but that's how it would go. We need Pitt to drop at least one game, and then either win out or have our only loss be to the Cowboys.

Little bit of optimism...

if we beat titans then cowboys (not a given, but we'll be favored to win both games)  the stress levels heading into the NE game will be playoff-like. It'll be a great week here on the board and a colossally anxious Sunday for the game. A win would set up almost equal hype heading to buffalo with, most likely, destiny in our hands against buffalo in January.

I'll end up with what medical experts call "Pessimistic Azzhole Ulcer"

Convincing win over the fish and needed OT vs blew.  I'm a bit more hopeful about our chances now, but those are two bad teams.  If we can get a 3rd W in a row, even if vs 3 lower teams, and if Pitt loses this week, I'd then be pretty happy.

Regardless of playoffs or not, great to finally end the drought vs the midgets.

OP is sadly right.  The Jets still aren't that good, despite beating a Giants team whose M.O. is blowing leads.

O-line was BAD for 3.5 quarters.  Special teams was bad for 4 quarters.

The Jets M.O. was not being able to comeback on teams late in games...something had to give, and they persevered with a rookie coach and Fitz coming up big in a major high pressure moment to keep their season alive, made all the more remarkable with the terrible special teams performance and subpar o-line play. 

OP is sadly right.  The Jets still aren't that good, despite beating a Giants team whose M.O. is blowing leads.

O-line was BAD for 3.5 quarters.  Special teams was bad for 4 quarters.

All true.  I guess the hope is they gel and get hot at the end,  Every week we gotta hope is this the week?

Archived