Meet our new permanent kicker - Randy Bullock

ARodJetsFan

I said pretty early in the season that our special teams needed to improve and specifically named Folk & Quigley as 2 guys & positions that we needed to upgrade.

Quite a few people here ripped me for naming Folk as a player that was underachieving and asked who is available to replace him.

Well guess what?

We found our kicker of the future and his name is Randy Bullock. Don't be surprised if Folk gets cut this off-season because Bullock IS AN UPGRADE.

Not only is Bullock an upgrade over Folk, he is younger & cheaper in terms of his salary.

Finally a place kicker that can kick FG's AND consistently send kickoffs deep into the end zone.

Now if we can just find a punter and some special teams gunners that can cover on punt returns & kick returns.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no like as in real stats

I don't know - I only know what I have seen and Bullock's leg strength is noticeably better then Folk's - a blind man can see that.

And considering how brief Bullock's career has been (being a 5th round draft pick of the Texans in 2012) that's not a legitimate comparison.

All I know is all of Bullock's kick-offs that I have seen have been deep (5yds deep in the end zone or more) where Folk would routinely struggle just to make it to the end zone - and on quite a few occasions falling short of the end zone.

I don't know - I only know what I have seen and Bullock's leg strength is noticeably better then Folk's - a blind man can see that.

And considering how brief Bullock's career has been (being a 5th round draft pick of the Texans this year) that's not a legitimate comparison.

All I know is all of Bullock's kick-offs that I have seen have been deep (5yds deep in the end zone or more) where Folk would routinely struggle just to make it to the end zone - and on quite a few occasions falling short of the end zone.

Going by what you see? Might be time to see the eye doctor Arod.

As of yesterday, Bullock is dead last in the NFL in touchback percentage.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

BTW, Folk was next to dead last.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct?date=2015-02-01

Yeah I don't see this at all. He kicked the ball out of bounds against Miami and had a number of short kickoffs yesterday, including the one that set up the Dwayne Harris OT return that almost gave me a heart attack. And he hasn't had to hit a big FG yet that wasn't a chip shot, Folk was money in those situations and got it done in big games. Lets see what happens the rest of the way before we go anointing Bullock.

Folk was our kicker until the Jacksonville game which was week 8 so to use a chart showing touchback percentages by team is not an accurate indication of what Bullock has done - that's indicative of having Folk as our kicker for 8 weeks.

Only stats I was able to find specifically for kickers by name had Folk's touchback percentage at around 42%

Randy Bullock's touchback percentage was 78%

Same old sh!t stirrer I see Mike, some things never change.

Folk was our kicker until the Jacksonville game which was week 8.

Only stats I was able to find specifically for kickers by name had Folk's touchback percentage at around 42%

Randy Bullock's touchback percentage was 78%

Same old sh!t stirrer I see Mike, some things never change.

no question folk has a short leg, I was just curious if the stat was available.  no love for specials !

and I wonder if mikey booed the pats* at halftime or turned the game off in the 3rd ?

no question folk has a short leg, I was just curious if the stat was available.  no love for specials !

and I wonder if mikey booed the pats* at halftime or turned the game off in the 3rd ?

That's a great question Larz......what say you Mike?

I'm pretty sure Bullolk had zero TBs on Sunday and that was with no wind in the meadowlands. Pretty sure he gave Dwayne Harris a chance to run it back to the 50 on the last kickoff 

It wasn't Bullock's kick-off that got Dwayne Harris to the 50 - It was our leaky kick return coverage unit that allowed him to get there - the same crappy coverage unit that allowed him to score a punt return TD earlier in the game.

By and large, Bullock's KO's are noticeably deeper than Folks. 

Bullock may have had a short one here or there (I remember the one that went out of bounds vs Miami) but when Folk was our kicker, ALL our kick-offs were short.

I remember vs New England Folk had  2 or 3 straight KO's that fell 2 or 3 yds short of the end zone. You can't constantly give the opponent good field position like that.

And it happened with Tom Brady at QB and Bill Belichick coaching....who'd have thunk it.

And that is exactly what pissed me off.

Injuries are always going to happen and they should never be used as an excuse, especially when you still have the best QB and HC on the field.

You may be right about Bullock ... Although I want to see how he kicks some more FG's under pressure before I can be totally open-minded about it ... But it seems strange to me that Folk is the ST player you single out to replace ???? ... He very likely is better than every other ST player on this team

I said pretty early in the season that our special teams needed to improve and specifically named Folk & Quigley as 2 guys & positions that we needed to upgrade.

Quite a few people here ripped me for naming Folk as a player that was underachieving and asked who is available to replace him.

Well guess what?

We found our kicker of the future and his name is Randy Bullock. Don't be surprised if Folk gets cut this off-season because Bullock IS AN UPGRADE.

Not only is Bullock an upgrade over Folk, he is younger & cheaper in terms of his salary.

Finally a place kicker that can kick FG's AND consistently send kickoffs deep into the end zone.

Now if we can just find a punter and some special teams gunners that can cover on punt returns & kick returns.

Deep in the end Zone!?!? Did he even have. Touchback this past week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by what you see? Might be time to see the eye doctor Arod.

As of yesterday, Bullock is dead last in the NFL in touchback percentage.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

BTW, Folk was next to dead last.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct?date=2015-02-01

Thank you, Christ I thought so. Bullock can barely kick it to the end zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guess what?

You've been waiting for a chance for this post eh?  :D

Anyhoo... I am hoping Bullock is lights out obviously, but once again we showed you actual statistical proof that Folk was in the top 3 kickers we've ever had here. I hear ya with the touch backs but I am much more concerned with FG % which Folk has been very dependable over the past few seasons. I also seem to remember Bullock having a couple returned yesterday including the one in over time.   I was nervous yesterday but Bullock came through when we needed him. Let's just hope that trend continues.

I think your ire for Folk is way misguided though.

Folk was obviously playing hurt since pre-season and finally couldn't tolerate it any more and had to be IR'ed. He is total money when healthy. If you recall he was cut by Dallas because he was missing due to injury, everyone was so worried about him when the Jets signed him. Lo and behold he had some time to heal and he became the team's most reliable player

Holy cow.  Randy from Trailer Park Boys reference?  You are ok with me Spoot. 

Yes.

Yes, I do know who that is. Obviously. Very much so.

It's not like that gif was on the first page of image results for "Randy Bullock gif".

:ph34r:

So, please. Give me your praise.

;)

You have to admit, though, the resemblance is canny.

Archived