Meet our new permanent kicker - Randy Bullock

ARodJetsFan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.  It's like having good free throw shooters in basketball.  You don't realize how important they are until you let a good one go and acquire Rajon Rondo.  Poor Kings fans.

That's how Duke wins year after year. I read somewhere that after every practice coach K makes all players hit 10 free throws in a row before hitting the showers. Smart.

Our kicker was Landfill in Beerfest!

image.jpeg

Looks more like a bigger Phillip Rivers. Great movie BTW.

Fat Randy has been a pleasant surprise,  but in no way shape or form am I going to advocate replacing Folk with him. 

Personally I felt we leaned too much on Folk & played to get in FG position too much. I'd rather save 1 million for another good special teams player. Folk missed every long FG last year we needed to beat the Pats at the end of both games while Gotkowski was splitting the uprights from anywhere on the field. 

I'd rather have a guy that the offense is thinking each & every possession about getting into better field position. These guys that can "sometimes" kick over 50 make OCs get too conservative.

Personally I felt we leaned too much on Folk & played to get in FG position too much. I'd rather save 1 million for another good special teams player. Folk missed every long FG last year we needed to beat the Pats at the end of both games while Gotkowski was splitting the uprights from anywhere on the field. 

I'd rather have a guy that the offense is thinking each & every possession about getting into better field position. These guys that can "sometimes" kick over 50 make OCs get too conservative.

WTF ?!?!?  ... You want a worse FG kicker on purpose ... Drunk already for lunch???

The guy was a draft pick.  I'm not going to write him off.  This is what competition is about.  Neither of them gets the job automatically.  Fight it out in camp.  If they are equal, you keep the younger cheaper player. 

I agree with that with most things, but unless one falls flat on his face, camp competitions between 2 kickers don't simulate pressure kicks in the cold, wind, rain, snow, etc., nor in any number of different stadiums.

Only saying they can look equal in practice but that doesn't therefore make them equal in games. There have been some really good kickers who seemed great up to and until it mattered. Vanderdoody and Kaeding come to mind. And I supposed Doug Brien since this is a Jets site.

Not really worried about either of these two. They are both decent kickers with Folk having the edge because of the big kicks he already has accomplished in his career. Randy has done a good job, but I still want to see a clutch performance before giving him the nod. The Fg he hit in OT was good, but I want more. The real question is when do the Jets draft a punter??

• 2 weeks later...

I said pretty early in the season that our special teams needed to improve and specifically named Folk & Quigley as 2 guys & positions that we needed to upgrade.

Quite a few people here ripped me for naming Folk as a player that was underachieving and asked who is available to replace him.

Well guess what?

We found our kicker of the future and his name is Randy Bullock. Don't be surprised if Folk gets cut this off-season because Bullock IS AN UPGRADE.

Not only is Bullock an upgrade over Folk, he is younger & cheaper in terms of his salary.

Finally a place kicker that can kick FG's AND consistently send kickoffs deep into the end zone.

Now if we can just find a punter and some special teams gunners that can cover on punt returns & kick returns.

yeah - he's magical

You may be right about Bullock ... Although I want to see how he kicks some more FG's under pressure before I can be totally open-minded about it ... But it seems strange to me that Folk is the ST player you single out to replace ???? ... He very likely is better than every other ST player on this team

easy decision to make now ... FOLK YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!

Bullock was Bollocks today, no question.

But give him his due, he was CB-like, had no memory, and won the game.

This thread is still a laugher, don;t get me wrong, and Folk will surely return in 2016.

But a pat on the back for Bullock's chubby-buy resilience is certainly due.

The worst part is the strong leg to kick to end zone schpiel. The dude can barely reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole diatribe was digital diarrhea - but you're spot on - there was nothing touched back tonight -  without a wind bias either. 

Bullock has been fine.  His only bad miss yesterday was the PAT.  The FG he had made and then we had the dumb penalty

You mean he made it till he missed it on the do over. Newsflash - missed field goal - now chasing 4 on the evening.

• 3 weeks later...

that fat **** better not be anywhere near the jets balls in 2016.

'but omg he booms kickoffs!'

who cares? How many times does the ball get returned past the 20 yard line nowadays? I'd rather have Folk making FGs and kicking it to the goal line. At least with a KR there's a chance for a fumble.

Archived