Winning records/schedule strength

Jetsfan80

why do you care so much about my opinion of the team? You seem to enjoy antagonizing people who you disagree with, following them around from thread to thread, why?

I am not sure I have any idea who you are, but the idea that you are being followed around from "thread to thread" is a bit much.  There are people here who follow every thread.  80, JiF and I are three of them.  Maybe you are being antagonized, but you aren't being followed.  I have been accused of the same thing at times when I posted without even looking at who I was quoting.  I am a pretty cynical guy and this is literally the only place I have been called a ******* homer pussy.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure I have any idea who you are, but the idea that you are being followed around from "thread to thread" is a bit much.  There are people here who follow every thread.  80, JiF and I are three of them.  Maybe you are being antagonized, but you aren't being followed.  I have been accused of the same thing at times when I posted without even looking at who I was quoting.  I am a pretty cynical guy and this is literally the only place I have been called a ******* homer pussy.

Dude, stop following me man! :-)

jetsfan80 has posted before about trying to get me banned... Even offered a $50 donation for it. I come here to talk football not ruin threads by fighting with someone who continues to instigate over multiple threads despite warnings from moderators. Enough is enough

jetsfan80 has posted before about trying to get me banned... Even offered a $50 donation for it. I come here to talk football not ruin threads by fighting with someone who continues to instigate over multiple threads despite warnings from moderators. Enough is enough

Ah.  I must have missed that.  We don't really ban many people.  We don't warn many people either.  I am not sure how many times my life has been threatened, but it is probably in double digits.  FWIW, we don't do much about ruining threads either.  We let it happen organically.

I'm not sure what 80 was complaining about.  Pouring piss on people is standard practice at mod parties.

Ah.  I must have missed that.  We don't really ban many people.  We don't warn many people either.  I am not sure how many times my life has been threatened, but it is probably in double digits.  FWIW, we don't do much about ruining threads either.  We let it happen organically.

I'm not sure what 80 was complaining about.  Pouring piss on people is standard practice at mod parties.

that's fine I really don't have a problem with disagreeing in fact I think it makes the discussion interesting, I love going back and forth with opinionated people. When the discussion turns into just calling out other posters out I just get pissed because I think there's a lot of smart people on here with a lot to say. Serenity now!

cant wait is awfully sensitive for someone who calls everyone else whiny pu$$ies.  If you want to talk football, talk football.  Don't complain about people "following you around".  Maybe be a little more civil and football discussions can actually happen.

If you ever played football, you would know that 95% of what the coach does is call the players whining pussys

We're in today with KC.  Pitt's out looking in.  

We don't need anyone to have a real collapse.  Pitt needs us to collapse and KC doesn't care at this point

We're only in the 6 seed at the moment on a technicality - the tie-breaker is % record in conference games, we're 5-4 and Pitt are 4-4, hence why we are higher.

If both Pitt and NYJ finish on the same record, they'll get the WC spot, not us, UNLESS we have a loss to Dallas ... if that happens, we'd win the conference tie-breaker.

But going back to the original suggested scenario - where the winner of NYJ vs Buf gets the last WC - Pitt would need to already be out of the running by Week 16. Only way that is likely to happen is if they have a real collapse, IMHO. Buffalo would need to be a game up on Pitt to be in it by Week 17, which would mean Pitt losing 2 of their next 3, and Buffalo winning all 3 (or Pitt losing all 3 and Buffalo winning 2 of 3).

If you ever played football, you would know that 95% of what the coach does is call the players whining pussys

That's all fine and good, but those coaches aren't out there to "discuss football".  An internet message board filled with people talking like coaches isn't exactly what people who create message boards have in mind, right?

We're in today with KC.  Pitt's out looking in.  

We don't need anyone to have a real collapse.  Pitt needs us to collapse and KC doesn't care at this point

That's not really accurate. If we win out we don't control our destiny -- and we have tough games vs Pats and @ Bills. We definitely want the Steelers to lose their next two games.

We're only in the 6 seed at the moment on a technicality - the tie-breaker is % record in conference games, we're 5-4 and Pitt are 4-4, hence why we are higher.

If both Pitt and NYJ finish on the same record, they'll get the WC spot, not us, UNLESS we have a loss to Dallas ... if that happens, we'd win the conference tie-breaker.

But going back to the original suggested scenario - where the winner of NYJ vs Buf gets the last WC - Pitt would need to already be out of the running by Week 16. Only way that is likely to happen is if they have a real collapse, IMHO. Buffalo would need to be a game up on Pitt to be in it by Week 17, which would mean Pitt losing 2 of their next 3, and Buffalo winning all 3 (or Pitt losing all 3 and Buffalo winning 2 of 3).

That's not really accurate. If we win out we don't control our destiny -- and we have tough games vs Pats and @ Bills. We definitely want the Steelers to lose their next two games.

I never said we're in, just that it wouldn't take a real collapse for us to get in. If we win out and Pitt loses one to the Bengals, thats not us benefiting from a "real collapse" as someone had said.  

I never said we're in, just that it wouldn't take a real collapse for us to get in. If we win out and Pitt loses one to the Bengals, thats not us benefiting from a "real collapse" as someone had said.  

My "real collapse" statement referred to having our Wk 17 game vs. Buffalo being a "win and in" scenario for BOTH teams. Pitt would need to lose at least two of their next three, and possibly all of them, for that to happen. Losing 3 in a row when you're in a strong play off position would be a real collapse to me.

I think Pitt or KC would have to have a real collapse for this to happen ... I can see it being that Jets need a win to get in, but having it being both teams in that position looks less likely IMHO.

But you never know. ;)

Pitt has both denver and the bengals left. Don't see them beating those teams, while both the Jets (outside of Pats) and Bills have a relatively easy schedule where they should be favored for each game.  Can easily see the Bills winning out and the Jets dropping one to the Pats leading to a final showdown between Bills and Jets for the final spot.

cant wait is awfully sensitive for someone who calls everyone else whiny pu$$ies.  If you want to talk football, talk football.  Don't complain about people "following you around".  Maybe be a little more civil and football discussions can actually happen.

why do you feel the need to keep talking about me? Keep my name out of your mouth and I'll do the same, kapisch? 

Archived