Now that Revis, Cro, Skrine, Pryor, and Gilchrist are all healthy again....

jetscrazey

I want to see Bowles get back to his elaborate blitzes, including Skrine and Pryor blitzing like madmen off the edge.  This is what made the defense so unpredictable and scary in the early weeks: being able to blitz very fast guys while using man or matchup-zone concepts in the back end with Revis, Cro, and Gilchrist.  The development of Mauldin will also help with speed off the edge, while Sheldon and Mo crash the inside on 3rd downs.

he' picked on all year by Jet fans and the media but Cro quietly had a really good game last week.  I hope this unit can stay healthy, if they do we'll have a great chance.

He did however Manning really doesn't look much at Randall during the games.

We definitely need to incorporate more of those elaborate blitz packages because unfortunately the Jets do not cause much pressure when it is just 4 man rushing. I would like to see Pryor slid closer into the box and use him and Buster as blitzers. Also with Mauldin establishing that he may become that edge rusher, get him in the game earlier on early downs and capitalize on his overall speed.

Tennessee isn't really loaded with a ton of weapons so I feel pretty good about the game if the secondary is at full health, I'd imagine skrine would cover wright in the slot and their outside guys don't scare me. I'd say the wild card here is mccluster since the jets have had trouble with pass catching backs

If Cro can play the way he did the last few weeks instead of how he did the majority of the year that would be very beneficial to the types of blitz schemes they can come up with. It'd be nice to have a healthy Revis and Williams as well.

I'd be all for sending Buster Skrine on blitzes because he certainly is struggling mightily in pass coverage and has been all season. Just absolute hot garbage.

If Cro can play the way he did the last few weeks instead of how he did the majority of the year that would be very beneficial to the types of blitz schemes they can come up with. It'd be nice to have a healthy Revis and Williams as well.

I'd be all for sending Buster Skrine on blitzes because he certainly is struggling mightily in pass coverage and has been all season. Just absolute hot garbage.

really? I thought skrine has been playing pretty well in the slot, I think with revis and Williams out he's exposed out there but otherwise he's been solid

really? I thought skrine has been playing pretty well in the slot, I think with revis and Williams out he's exposed out there but otherwise he's been solid

When QBs target receivers Buster Skrine is covering their QB rating is over 100. He was torched by Landry two weeks ago and was responsible for most of OBJ's big day and touchdown pass. I can't even count on two hands how many times we have a third and longer and Skrine either gives up a catch or commits a penalty. It was one of the most head scratching decisions of the off-season and probably the worst use of money in the off-season.

When QBs target receivers Buster Skrine is covering their QB rating is over 100. He was torched by Landry two weeks ago and was responsible for most of OBJ's big day and touchdown pass. I can't even count on two hands how many times we have a third and longer and Skrine either gives up a catch or commits a penalty. It was one of the most head scratching decisions of the off-season and probably the worst use of money in the off-season.

OBJ cannot really be covered one on one and Landry is also a very difficult match up for any DB in the league.  How do the stats look for the "lesser WR's?  HE was really brought in to play the slot.

OBJ cannot really be covered one on one and Landry is also a very difficult match up for any DB in the league.  How do the stats look for the "lesser WR's?  HE was really brought in to play the slot.

That's the thing. Players like Landry and OBJ often line up in the slot more often now. It's a part of game plans now. Decker has lined up in the slot for the Jets a ton. That 100 QB rating against Skrine was BEFORE Miami when he was dominated by Landry and OBJ. He had a good few weeks to start the season, had an injury and has been awful ever since.

2 weeks ago everything was in garbage time.  last week he made a poor decision on the big Beckham catch but Beckham didn't do anything the rest of the game.

2 weeks ago everything was in garbage time.  last week he made a poor decision on the big Beckham catch but Beckham didn't do anything the rest of the game.

4th and 6 in OT and Buster Skrine gave up a 20 yard pass that set up the Giants for a possible game tying field goal. Actually both completions on that drive were on Skrine.

Randall is also the prefect receiver for Cro to cover if he does go his way. Bigger slower receiver. As long as they can't burn him with a double move Cro can cover him.

I don't think Cro has trouble with speed so much as quickness.  If I were scouting guys to avoid I would be much more worried about their cone and shuttle times than their 40s. 

What about CB Williams?. Sounds like he did some limited practicing today too. He is needed ASAP since 5 INTs, which leads the league, for a CB that has played limited downs is sick.

5 INTs lead the Jets not the league.  I think the league leader is Reggie Nelson with 7.  There may be ten guys with 5.  Still, WIlliams has been playing great in limited duty and I think he's tied for something like 3rd or 4th in INTs overall.

He has been hurt.  People are saying to sit Revis and Williams until they are 100%, but Skrine has been playing hurt all year.  He got a concussion against the Redskins, broke his hand against the Pats and had a significant shoulder injury against the Jags.  He is the one gutting it out.  It's no surprise he hasn't been lighting the world on fire. 

4th and 6 in OT and Buster Skrine gave up a 20 yard pass that set up the Giants for a possible game tying field goal. Actually both completions on that drive were on Skrine.

Because he was covering Beckham.

He has been hurt.  People are saying to sit Revis and Williams until they are 100%, but Skrine has been playing hurt all year.  He got a concussion against the Redskins, broke his hand against the Pats and had a significant shoulder injury against the Jags.  He is the one gutting it out.  It's no surprise he hasn't been lighting the world on fire. 

It's no surprise to anyone in Cleveland either. He wasn't very good there either. He's an average player being paid big money and not getting results. His lowest passer rating against over the last few seasons was 95.5. That's not good. Probably one of the only blemishes on McCagnan's record. Made no sense to bring him in along with Revis and Cro.

know he has been hurt, but he hasn't been on the injury report in a while so he should be healthy.

I don't think Cro has trouble with speed so much as quickness.  If I were scouting guys to avoid I would be much more worried about their cone and shuttle times than their 40s. 

5 INTs lead the Jets not the league.  I think the league leader is Reggie Nelson with 7.  There may be ten guys with 5.  Still, WIlliams has been playing great in limited duty and I think he's tied for something like 3rd or 4th in INTs overall.

Because he was covering Beckham.

sorry about negative rep.  I agree 100%.   He never was healed from his concussion.  

Skrine is a good nickel corner who had to play on the outside due to injuries, agree he did not look good but he was playing out of position, he plays well in the slot and on the blitz, Mac signed him as a good fit for Bowles Defense, agree he probably overpaid but I still think he had a decent season so far

Skrine is a good nickel corner who had to play on the outside due to injuries, agree he did not look good but he was playing out of position, he plays well in the slot and on the blitz, Mac signed him as a good fit for Bowles Defense, agree he probably overpaid but I still think he had a decent season so far

You may think that but you're wrong. He's been worse than Cromartie, inside or outside. He's the weak link. 

he' picked on all year by Jet fans and the media but Cro quietly had a really good game last week.  I hope this unit can stay healthy, if they do we'll have a great chance.

Cros played well the past two weeks.  We need him to continue this way

I want to see Bowles get back to his elaborate blitzes, including Skrine and Pryor blitzing like madmen off the edge.  This is what made the defense so unpredictable and scary in the early weeks: being able to blitz very fast guys while using man or matchup-zone concepts in the back end with Revis, Cro, and Gilchrist.  The development of Mauldin will also help with speed off the edge, while Sheldon and Mo crash the inside on 3rd downs.

anand williams...revis, williams, cro, and gilchrist behind skriNE and Pryor mixing it up...

It's no surprise to anyone in Cleveland either. He wasn't very good there either. He's an average player being paid big money and not getting results. His lowest passer rating against over the last few seasons was 95.5. That's not good. Probably one of the only blemishes on McCagnan's record. Made no sense to bring him in along with Revis and Cro.

know he has been hurt, but he hasn't been on the injury report in a while so he should be healthy.

He was playing really well and was loved through the London game.  Since he's been injured combined with having no to play more outside coverage he's struggled.  But people who refuse to look at the entire picture, who didn't learn from Pryor, go overboard with their criticism. 

He was playing really well and was loved through the London game.  Since he's been injured combined with having no to play more outside coverage he's struggled.  But people who refuse to look at the entire picture, who didn't learn from Pryor, go overboard with their criticism. 

Yes. He's had a few solid games at the beginning of the year and yes he got injured. Buts let's not act like he didn't have a track record of not being all that good in Cleveland, because he wasn't. He has continued that porous play in New York. I think if it weren't for injuries he'd have been benched by now. Or at least seen his snaps decrease. Teams are targeting him at an alarming rate and he isn't up to the task. 

But that 4th down pass was perfectly located. I can't get on him for that.

As for Skrine, he had to play outside corner last week, when he is more a slot corner.

I would much rather see Mauldin coming at the QB from the blind side

But that 4th down pass was perfectly located. I can't get on him for that.

As for Skrine, he had to play outside corner last week, when he is more a slot corner.

He barely played the outside. Walls played 55 plays on the outside. Skrine is making enough money that he should be able to play both effectively.  If he can't, then he's overpaid. 

Archived