Now that Revis, Cro, Skrine, Pryor, and Gilchrist are all healthy again....

jetscrazey

Yes. He's had a few solid games at the beginning of the year and yes he got injured. Buts let's not act like he didn't have a track record of not being all that good in Cleveland, because he wasn't. He has continued that porous play in New York. I think if it weren't for injuries he'd have been benched by now. Or at least seen his snaps decrease. Teams are targeting him at an alarming rate and he isn't up to the task. 

He had more than a few solid games.  London was game 4.  He was praised the entire camp, the entire preseason and first 5 games of the season until he was injured and the people around him were injured.  Because I'm guessing that doesn't effect the entire unit, which struggled when the injuries piled up.  But thats all unimportant, whats important is what he did in that bastion of well played football, Cleveland.  Thats what left you feeling he eventually would get hurt and have problems covering people while playing a different position than he was brought in to play.  

And if not for injuries to others, not his, he would be benched.  You know this because?

Tennessee isn't really loaded with a ton of weapons so I feel pretty good about the game if the secondary is at full health, I'd imagine skrine would cover wright in the slot and their outside guys don't scare me. I'd say the wild card here is mccluster since the jets have had trouble with pass catching backs

wrights out

He had more than a few solid games.  London was game 4.  He was praised the entire camp, the entire preseason and first 5 games of the season until he was injured and the people around him were injured.  Because I'm guessing that doesn't effect the entire unit, which struggled when the injuries piled up.  But thats all unimportant, whats important is what he did in that bastion of well played football, Cleveland.  Thats what left you feeling he eventually would get hurt and have problems covering people while playing a different position than he was brought in to play.  

And if not for injuries to others, not his, he would be benched.  You know this because?

If he is so unhealthy that he is being beaten like a rented mule then he needs to sit. If he's healthy and he's being dominated week in and week out he needs to find the bench. He's not been worth the money given. Stats back that up. He hasn't been good. Ever. Sub par player being butchered every weekend. 

If he is so unhealthy that he is being beaten like a rented mule then he needs to sit. If he's healthy and he's being dominated week in and week out he needs to find the bench. He's not been worth the money given. Stats back that up. He hasn't been good. Ever. Sub par player being butchered every weekend. 

good, now who do you think is better to play the slot?   I mean since an entire CS and the HC haven't noticed? 

If youre insinuating that he's not injured, how is it that up to the point where we know he was injured he was one of best defensive player and since he's struggled?  Coincidence?  

good, now who do you think is better to play the slot?   I mean since an entire CS and the HC haven't noticed? 

If youre insinuating that he's not injured, how is it that up to the point where we know he was injured he was one of best defensive player and since he's struggled?  Coincidence?  

Marcus Williams could play the slot I'm sure. Literally anyone would be better. Let's see what McDougle has. 

And he was never one of our best defensive players. Just seemed that way because of how bad Cro was. Skrine is now clearly the weak link. 

Marcus Williams could play the slot I'm sure. Literally anyone would be better. Let's see what McDougle has. 

And he was never one of our best defensive players. Just seemed that way because of how bad Cro was. Skrine is now clearly the weak link. 

Disagree, Skrine is fine, the perfect guy to play the slot...Some of you guys are dying to find things to bitch about.

Then you disagree with stats, facts, and common sense. But fine by me if you are fine with accepting below average play. He's terrible. 

I do disagree, He's a Cadillac in the slot compared to the Dodge Dart we used to have back there named Kyle Wilson... Look around the NFL, every corner (especially slot corners) is going to get beat from time to time, there are no shutouts anymore. Perfection is impossible.

I do disagree, He's a Cadillac in the slot compared to the Dodge Dart we used to have back there named Kyle Wilson... Look around the NFL, every corner (especially slot corners) is going to get beat from time to time, there are no shutouts anymore. Perfection is impossible.

Being better than Kyle Wilson isn't hard. That doesn't make him good. It's more like going from a 2014 Dodge Dart to a 2015 Dodge Dart. Newer, but eventually have the same problems. Getting beat happens to all corners. He is being beaten weak in and weak out in big spots. His play is below average. Just stating facts. 

Being better than Kyle Wilson isn't hard. That doesn't make him good. It's more like going from a 2014 Dodge Dart to a 2015 Dodge Dart. Newer, but eventually have the same problems. Getting beat happens to all corners. He is being beaten weak in and weak out in big spots. His play is below average. Just stating facts. 

Maybe you're right and seeing more than I'm seeing, I just go by what I see and I've been impressed with the secondary. The only low point to me was when Pryor was out. One thing that I've noticed that is a huge change from Rex's dee is the cleaner coverage by our corners...How many times did we have an awful PI flag on 3rd and long in the Rex era? They used to extend the key drives almost everytime back then. This group has rarely been called for PI especially on key 3rd downs. They force the punt and get off the field.

Why didnt you just say that Williams could play from the beginning.  I would have called Bowles for you.  Clearly he has no clue. 

Williams has a lot of INTs, he's also beat pretty regularly.  A healthy Skrine is not a weak link.  You need to look at the big picture 

Why didnt you just say that Williams could play from the beginning.  I would have called Bowles for you.  Clearly he has no clue. 

Williams has a lot of INTs, he's also beat pretty regularly.  A healthy Skrine is not a weak link.  You need to look at the big picture 

The big picture where the Jets pass defense has surrendered a ton of yardage this season despite spending like a load of money there and where Skrine is the worst player in the secondary this year? That big picture?

Then you disagree with stats, facts, and common sense. But fine by me if you are fine with accepting below average play. He's terrible. 

Petulant nit-picking. He's been IDEAL as a SLOT CB and performs a role as the 3rd CB BETTER than previous incumbents who manned the 3rd CB position since #24 Ray "Hey Hey" Mickens.

If you're telling me you believe Kyle Wilson, Drew Coleman, Maurquice Cole, or Donald Strickland are better than #41 and you prefer to have them as the Jets 3rd CB, you don't KNOW SQUAT about football and re-hire Rex b/c that's what the past 6 years were. If Skrine is Below Average play, then TELL ME WHO THAT IS BETTER & WAS AVAILABLE is currently OUTPERFORMING #41 for 2015 in terms of playing time, tackles, & PDs . . . . . . .

I'll await your answer . . . .

I want to see Bowles get back to his elaborate blitzes, including Skrine and Pryor blitzing like madmen off the edge.  This is what made the defense so unpredictable and scary in the early weeks: being able to blitz very fast guys while using man or matchup-zone concepts in the back end with Revis, Cro, and Gilchrist.  The development of Mauldin will also help with speed off the edge, while Sheldon and Mo crash the inside on 3rd downs.

The development of Mauldin & the improved play of Wilkerson is why the Jets have not had to blitz as much.

They are able to generate pressure with just a 3 or 4 man rush - and that's a good thing.

I am all about blitzing in an obvious 3rd and long passing situation but the fact that the Jets don't have to blitz to generate pressure is good news for the defense as a whole.

The big picture where the Jets pass defense has surrendered a ton of yardage this season despite spending like a load of money there and where Skrine is the worst player in the secondary this year? That big picture?

No the one where you can't look at the reasons why and are too quick to call everyone you don't like shltty.

That youre calling an injured player out because you think he sucks and refuse to look at the big picture which is he was one of out better players before he was hurt.

And for bonus points you think a really good inside slot, nickel can just slide to the outside and cover a top NFL WR.  

Then you make it all worse by whining about money, as if that has anything to do with anything.

No the one where you can't look at the reasons why and are too quick to call everyone you don't like shltty.

That youre calling an injured player out because you think he sucks and refuse to look at the big picture which is he was one of out better players before he was hurt.

And for bonus points you think a really good inside slot, nickel can just slide to the outside and cover a top NFL WR.  

Then you make it all worse by whining about money, as if that has anything to do with anything.

The reasons why? How about just stop sucking? Pure and simple. Be better. Excuses are not needed. 

Petulant nit-picking. He's been IDEAL as a SLOT CB and performs a role as the 3rd CB BETTER than previous incumbents who manned the 3rd CB position since #24 Ray "Hey Hey" Mickens.

If you're telling me you believe Kyle Wilson, Drew Coleman, Maurquice Cole, or Donald Strickland are better than #41 and you prefer to have them as the Jets 3rd CB, you don't KNOW SQUAT about football and re-hire Rex b/c that's what the past 6 years were. If Skrine is Below Average play, then TELL ME WHO THAT IS BETTER & WAS AVAILABLE is currently OUTPERFORMING #41 for 2015 in terms of playing time, tackles, & PDs . . . . . . .

I'll await your answer . . . .

Why would I answer the questions of someone who thinks the slot corner who has a QB rating against higher than 100 is ideal? That is very much less than ideal. I'm sure he's not the worst in the league and I'm sure he's better than Kyle Wilson, but he certainly isn't playing like it. 

Why would I answer the questions of someone who thinks the slot corner who has a QB rating against higher than 100 is ideal? That is very much less than ideal. I'm sure he's not the worst in the league and I'm sure he's better than Kyle Wilson, but he certainly isn't playing like it. 

I think he is. Hasn't been the same since getting hurt. In fact the whole secondary has been banged up this year.

I think he is. Hasn't been the same since getting hurt. In fact the whole secondary has been banged up this year.

He's not on the injury report and hasn't been in a few weeks. If he's still banged up to the point where his play is being impacted then the coaching staff needs to make a change and let him get healthy. If he's healthy then he just needs to play better. What he's doing right now is not good enough. 

He's not on the injury report and hasn't been in a few weeks. If he's still banged up to the point where his play is being impacted then the coaching staff needs to make a change and let him get healthy. If he's healthy then he just needs to play better. What he's doing right now is not good enough. 

Can't make a change when there is nobody behind you.

I watched the entire coaches film of the Jets D vs. Giants O.  Buster Skrine was pretty damn good on OBJ.  Especially in man coverage situations.  Not many CBs move their hips as quickly as Skrine, he has the ideal athleticism to cover a guy like OBJ.

Don't believe the media hype or uneducated opinions.  Watch the tape.

I watched the entire coaches film of the Jets D vs. Giants O.  Buster Skrine was pretty damn good on OBJ.  Especially in man coverage situations.  Not many CBs move their hips as quickly as Skrine, he has the ideal athleticism to cover a guy like OBJ.

Don't believe the media hype or uneducated opinions.  Watch the tape.

He was really great when he released him to no one on that 72 yard TD. I watched the whole game. He was routinely beaten. And it's not just one game. It's been over and over again. 

You live in a vacuum.  

And are going to argue with everyone that injuries and playing out of position mean nothing. 

Is he still injured? 

He barely played out of position on Sunday. Most of the completions against him were when he was in the slot. 

Why don't you use that vacuum and suck up some knowledge?

Can't make a change when there is nobody behind you.

McDougle is behind him. Also, it probably has more to do with his contract than who is behind him. Look at Cro. He should have been replaced multiple times this season and wasn't. He has picked up his play. Hopefully Skrine can too because the Jets need both of them to play well to be successful. 

Is he still injured? 

He barely played out of position on Sunday. Most of the completions against him were when he was in the slot. 

Why don't you use that vacuum and suck up some knowledge?

The plays he got beat on were with him on the outside.  And you really are asking how he can still be injured and not on the injury list?

Suck up some knowledge?  You sound clueless arguing with people who obviously know more than you and thats your answer? LOL

He was really great when he released him to no one on that 72 yard TD. I watched the whole game. He was routinely beaten. And it's not just one game. It's been over and over again. 

that was a communication breakdown, so the play is a teachable moment for sure, but says little about Skrine's ability

In the beginning of the year, he was definitely one of the better players on D. Other than Revis, Mo and Pryor, nobody else was playing better. He would be making plays all over the field. I still remember how he was making plays all over the field against the Colts. Even Gruden was raving about him during that game He was also terrorizing the Dolphins as a blitzer in the London game. I remember thinking how the Dolphins weren't blocking him when it seemed the Jets kept calling the same blitz package on every passing down. There was a series where I think he got a sack or pressure, followed by a drawing a penalty on the Dolphins, followed by another pressure that caused an incomplete pass. I could be wrong about the exact events, but there was definitely a series where he completely dominated

He has not been the same since the Redskins game when he got hurt. I'm not sure if it's all the injuries or maybe a step up in competition. I will say though that I believe the hand injury has affected his tackling. He was a sure tackle early in the year, but I remember him missing a bunch of tackles on Landry in the second Dolphins game

Overall I feel he has had a fine year. Sure you can argue that he is overpaid, but he is supposed to be the 3rd corner. I wasn't expecting him to be "shutdown". He is going to going to give up plays. Otherwise the Jets would have never had a shot at him because he would be getting #1 "shutdown" CB money

Archived