More than 10,000 seats available for Titans game

Jetsfanri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the PSL's "fixed everything" was for the fan on the season ticket holder waiting list since 1988 (raises hand) who couldn't get decent seats in the stadium in his lifetime.  By the time my wait was over in 2002, 14 years of patiently waiting and hoping, I was given seats in the last row of the upper deck in the endzone, I could hear the flags flapping in my ear.  And for the next 30 years in that stadium?  Perhaps I'd have moved down a few rows, maybe a little further towards the sideline.  PSL's purged out all the old timers selling their tickets for a profit and no-showing, purged out all the grandchildren who weren't even Jets fans, got rid of all the brokers, and allowed true and dedicated fans a fair chance to get a good location and for that I am eternally grateful. 

SAR I

These were real fans who handed the tickets down to family who were also loyal Jets fans not corporations or corporate stiffs who could all of a sudden afford a PSL and a season ticket. Many who refused to partake in the PSLs were the real fans who stuck with this team win or lose. 

A good portion of the crowd is not real fans look at all the opposing teams fans in the seats since the PSLs took over this has increased. 

I sat row 1 for the Bills game I asked people nearby who owns these seats they said they didnt know different people weekly back in the day non PSLs Jets fans were in these seats, 

joewilly12

When they stop making statements towards PSL owners attempting to make us feel like we were ripped off or are idiots for showing that level of commitment in the Stubhub era we'll stop defending ourselves.

SAR I

Sorry, shouldn't have been directed only at you...To all the PSL arguers...Nobody cares, drop it!

Barely related note, but speaking of seats....

....I was in the SAP/EMC suite for the Bills Thursday night game.  A few notes:

• It is on the 50 yard line on the Home Side of the field at the top of the lowers.  So basically a few feet higher than where I sit at the top of 135, but on the other side of the field, and on the 50 instead of 20.  Was a great view
  • It is freaking HUGE.  Maybe 3 times the size of other suites I've been in (Yankees, Mets, MSG, the ones at Metlife behind where I sit on the visitors side
  • Food spread was nice and continually evolving
  • They had a stand where they made Rex-aritas (margaritas?  Fitzmagic!  Mangenius!!  SANCHIZE!!!!  Sorry....)
  • There were bar type tables with beer taps in them so you could fill your own beers or pitchers of beer.  What a country!!
  • Several TVs inside + a big sitting and standing area outside.  Each TV was at a different delay, though.  So you'd be watching a play unfold and hear the crowd cheer and know the pass about to be thrown was going to be complete
  • Had suite parking which is only a little better than the Green I already have
  • The suite entrance thing is great.  I got there very late and walked right past the lines to get in.  That was worth 10-15 minutes right there
  • Joe Klecko was there for a while and some Flight Crew gals came by for pictures at one point

All of that was GREAT.  The big downside - I didn't like it as much as just going to my seats.  I love going to suites and go basically every time I get an invite, regardless of the event.  Once saw a circus in an MSG suite.  But for the Jets, there were lots of colleagues there + EMC dudes (if you are reading, I love you all!).  And not everyone was into the game.  Just like me when I go to a Mets game.  So it was freaking distracting!!!  Missed like half the game yapping and stuffing my fat face and being overstimulated by all the options.

Thought I'd share.  Can't wait for tomorrow.  Go JETS!!!

Dave

Barely related note, but speaking of seats....

....I was in the SAP/EMC suite for the Bills Thursday night game.  A few notes:

• It is on the 50 yard line on the Home Side of the field at the top of the lowers.  So basically a few feet higher than where I sit at the top of 135, but on the other side of the field, and on the 50 instead of 20.  Was a great view
  • It is freaking HUGE.  Maybe 3 times the size of other suites I've been in (Yankees, Mets, MSG, the ones at Metlife behind where I sit on the visitors side
  • Food spread was nice and continually evolving
  • They had a stand where they made Rex-aritas (margaritas?  Fitzmagic!  Mangenius!!  SANCHIZE!!!!  Sorry....)
  • There were bar type tables with beer taps in them so you could fill your own beers or pitchers of beer.  What a country!!
  • Several TVs inside + a big sitting and standing area outside.  Each TV was at a different delay, though.  So you'd be watching a play unfold and hear the crowd cheer and know the pass about to be thrown was going to be complete
  • Had suite parking which is only a little better than the Green I already have
  • The suite entrance thing is great.  I got there very late and walked right past the lines to get in.  That was worth 10-15 minutes right there
  • Joe Klecko was there for a while and some Flight Crew gals came by for pictures at one point

All of that was GREAT.  The big downside - I didn't like it as much as just going to my seats.  I love going to suites and go basically every time I get an invite, regardless of the event.  Once saw a circus in an MSG suite.  But for the Jets, there were lots of colleagues there + EMC dudes (if you are reading, I love you all!).  And not everyone was into the game.  Just like me when I go to a Mets game.  So it was freaking distracting!!!  Missed like half the game yapping and stuffing my fat face and being overstimulated by all the options.

Thought I'd share.  Can't wait for tomorrow.  Go JETS!!!

Dave

With you all the way on this.

Suites are nice once in awhile when you bring your wife, a business client or someone that will mind the burping and farting in the UD.

I'll take sitting with the real fans everyday.  In my section after each touchdown it's a messy love-fest.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, we put up a W and Pittsburgh and KC loses, it will be a good week.

These were real fans who handed the tickets down to family who were also loyal Jets fans not corporations or corporate stiffs who could all of a sudden afford a PSL and a season ticket. Many who refused to partake in the PSLs were the real fans who stuck with this team win or lose. 

A good portion of the crowd is not real fans look at all the opposing teams fans in the seats since the PSLs took over this has increased. 

I sat row 1 for the Bills game I asked people nearby who owns these seats they said they didnt know different people weekly back in the day non PSLs Jets fans were in these seats, 

joewilly12

Your argument is not with "PSL's" but with "Stubhub".  Stop confusing the two.

PSL's were nothing more than a $7 price increase to most, $15 to a few, that's it.  Anyone using PSL's as an excuse to stop attending games is not fooling anyone.  They were looking for a way out, PSL's became the convenient excuse.

Stubhub is the enemy, if you want to call it that.  It's now very easy for a Jets fan who can't go to a Thursday night game to get some money back instead of eating it.  Blame technology, blame computers, blame the internet.  It's easy to sell tickets.  So we do.

But, hey, if what you're saying is the next time I can't go to a Thursday night game because my kids have school and you would rather see the seats empty than in the hands of the enemy, PayPal me $500 cash and then you can do what you want with my 4 tickets.  It's easy to talk when it's not your money.

SAR I

Years ago when i had season tickets I never sold them to non Jets fans I would eat them before doing that now everyone with a PSL sells theM to whoever, SAR I included. FACT

From this day forward, for every Jets game I cannot attend, I will be PM'ing you an invoice for 4 seats + parking for $545.00.  You can PayPal me the cash and then you can eat my tickets to keep non-Jets fans from attending.  I encourage you to offer this service to everyone on Jetnation.  You're so diehard on your couch with your pretzels while the rest of us actually make an effort, here's your chance to back your principles.

SAR I

I dont trust StubHub friends of mine were issued fake tickets to a Giants game there it took months to get it resolved plus they were turned away at the gate. 

TicketMaster is the only site I trust. 

I've used it a million times...never had an issue.

I know what I read and heard on the radio back in 2008 during the PSL debates and I know what license plates I see at the stadium.  It only makes perfect common sense, considering the Jets have spent more time in the state of New Jersey than the state of New York.  We're here 34 years now.  All those 50-60 year old's from Shea, Lord rest their souls, aren't on Earth any more let alone New York.

You don't need to trust me.  You can do the research all by yourself.  Grab a clipboard, report to Lot D at 9AM on Sunday.

SAR I

Such a silly argument.  Naturally more Jersey plates at a game in NJ.   LI is still the center of the fanbase.  The social media heatmaps prove it definitively.   Grab a clip board, LOL.  Who is the old fogey here?  

But, hey, if what you're saying is the next time I can't go to a Thursday night game because my kids have school and you would rather see the seats empty than in the hands of the enemy, PayPal me $500 cash and then you can do what you want with my 4 tickets.  It's easy to talk when it's not your money.

SAR I

Why would i do that  I want to sit front row a lot cheaper. 

From this day forward, for every Jets game I cannot attend, I will be PM'ing you an invoice for 4 seats + parking for $545.00.  You can PayPal me the cash and then you can eat my tickets to keep non-Jets fans from attending.  I encourage you to offer this service to everyone on Jetnation.  You're so diehard on your couch with your pretzels while the rest of us actually make an effort, here's your chance to back your principles.

SAR I

You being the so called "diehard" fan you say you are should be at every game if not with family then friends. 

Thanks I appreciate that offer and would probably take you up  on it if the situation arises and I need 4 tickets,thank you SAR I. 

I put a lot of effort into it all even at home with friends and family tomorrow we are having lobster tails,shrimp,chicken,ribs and a lot of cold beer. 

We agree to disagree. Enjoy the game the weather is supposed to great.

SAR I

parking is only 25

I dont trust StubHub friends of mine were issued fake tickets to a Giants game there it took months to get it resolved plus they were turned away at the gate. 

TicketMaster is the only site I trust. 

Ive been buying and selling on stub hub for many years.  Never had a problem.  Not a once. Ticketmaster blows because they will not let any tickets be listed for less than face value.  

Why would i do that  I want to sit front row a lot cheaper. 

"Cheaper"

I wish you would just lead with that, always.  At least be honest.  It's not about loyalty, it's not about the Jets, it's about your miscalculation that the PSL was going to be a financial disaster.  And it wasn't. 

Whatever your reasons for leaving the Jets season ticket holder family, it has nothing to do with PSL's or their owners.  It simply wasn't a lot of money.  And as history now shows, PSL's haven't cost us anything, the cost of the PSL on a per-year basis of $7 or $15 has been more than absorbed by the lack of a price increase since 2008.

SAR I

Such a silly argument.  Naturally more Jersey plates at a game in NJ.   LI is still the center of the fanbase.  The social media heatmaps prove it definitively.   Grab a clip board, LOL.  Who is the old fogey here?  

The center of the fanbase is where the season ticket holders live.  And that would be New Jersey.  Heatmaps.  LOL.  Heatmaps don't pay the bills.  Season ticket holders do.

SAR I

You being the so called "diehard" fan you say you are should be at every game if not with family then friends. 

Thanks I appreciate that offer and would probably take you up  on it if the situation arises and I need 4 tickets,thank you SAR I. 

I put a lot of effort into it all even at home with friends and family tomorrow we are having lobster tails,shrimp,chicken,ribs and a lot of cold beer. 

We agree to disagree. Enjoy the game the weather is supposed to great.

I attend all games except situations where I'm traveling or it's a school night and my kids can't make it, that's usually 2 games a year.  And since my seats aren't cheap and since I have 4 of them it doesn't make sense to eat $540 when I can sell them and 1) make back some money and 2) allow other Jets fans who don't have season tickets to enjoy the location.

Last year I went on strike, wasn't going to sit and watch He Who Shall Not Be Named under center and behind the bench, but that's an exception to an otherwise stellar run as a season ticket holder.  I have no issue with you as a person or as a fan except when you make it seem like PSL owners are bad fans, nothing could be further from the truth.

SAR I

It's both, Stub Hub and the PSLs. PSLs were sold to the fans - at least in part - as an investment. In many cases they are a significant sunk cost (relative to the cost of an idividual ticket).  Some season ticket holders 'offer' the seats on Stub Hub in the hopes of defraying the cost of the PSLs. If they get the price they want then they sell the seats, usually to the opponents fans; if not then they go to the game. 

The Jets set up this adversarial relationship with its most loyal fans and I don't blame anyone for availing themselves of the opportunity to cut into the cost of the PSLs. After all, it's an 'investment,' not just a ticket to the game. 

I'm a long time season ticket holder.  I try to go to every game. This is just my observation based on being at the stadium and sometimes talking to 'road' fans in nearby seats.

Going to be record warm temps, we are in the playoff hunt, and between Stub Hub and Ticket Exchange there are over 10,000 seats available.  It can't be cost, you can get in the stadium for $25.

I'm disappointed in our fan base, this team deserves better support than this.  

I so wish I could go. Went to Jets/Giants last week and the Jags game. Have to get the Xmas tree with my family tomorrow. Remember it is the holidays.

Been saying it for years now. There is very little reason to buy season tickets any more. You can get in there for as little as $25 this week under absolutely perfect weather conditions and a playoff race. 

When the Jets beat the Titans and Cowboys I will be feeling pretty good about my season tickets. Patriots in town, ticket prices will be high when my funds are at their lowest. The day after Christmas.  :)

The biggest reason to have season tickets is the friendship that develop from watching the games with the same people week after week.

Love it.  No one said attending live sporting events was for everyone.  A pair of seats to a decent Ranger game plus parking will set you back $800.  Polo Grounds and their $1.25 bleacher seats are a thing of the past, folks.

SAR I

Attended Rangers/Canes 2 weeks ago with a group. Got tickets for $75 which included $10 credit for concessions(which are excellent and quick,as are the restrooms), as well as any number of great midtown restaurants for every price range pregame, and a subway ride home.Only seats in the new Garden that are kinda rough sitewise are under the bridge, and even there you still have a very good view. The Rock has only a few decent restaurants, but all 3 new/renovated  arenas are fan-friendly, open concourses, easy in and out, near public transportation. Barclays has some great bars and restaurants steps from the arena. And while Yankee Stadium and new Shea lack much close, they are also relatively reasonable in and out,have great concessions, public transportation, open concourses. Heck even the 2 minor league stadiums offer a lot of good fan friendly stuff. 

Simply out of all the new stadiums and arena built around here, MetLife is far and away the sh*ttiest and it's not close.They completely blew it. If you want to get people off their couches or out of sports bars, you probably need to host a playoff game more often than once every quarter century in that dump.

The biggest reason to have season tickets is the friendship that develop from watching the games with the same people week after week.

+1000

That's what it's all about, the guys in my section are great and really enhance the gameday experience.  Same for the guys that I sat next to in Giants Stadium for those 10 years too, it's really what makes being a season ticket holder so worthwhile.

Some day, we'll be hosting the AFC Championship Game and I'll be there with my long-time section-mates and we'll be dancing in the aisles as we win it and head off to the Super Bowl.  That's the moment we live for.

SAR I

+1000

That's what it's all about, the guys in my section are great and really enhance the gameday experience.  Same for the guys that I sat next to in Giants Stadium for those 10 years too, it's really what makes being a season ticket holder so worthwhile.

Some day, we'll be hosting the AFC Championship Game and I'll be there with my long-time section-mates and we'll be dancing in the aisles as we win it and head off to the Super Bowl.  That's the moment we live for.

SAR I

When I sat in 334 in the old stadium there was no email or internet. The first game of the season we would always be so curious to make sure everyone was coming back. The guy who sat in back of us was fighting cancer. That offseason was long, when he came back the next year and was in good shape, we were all pumped. The guy I sat next to, I looked him up on Facebook like 10 years later and sent him a friend request. He knows everything going on with my kids and family. Why? Because we bonded over the Jets.

It is the same way where I sit now. Really good group of people!

It's both, Stub Hub and the PSLs. PSLs were sold to the fans - at least in part - as an investment. In many cases they are a significant sunk cost (relative to the cost of an idividual ticket).  Some season ticket holders 'offer' the seats on Stub Hub in the hopes of defraying the cost of the PSLs. If they get the price they want then they sell the seats, usually to the opponents fans; if not then they go to the game. 

The Jets set up this adversarial relationship with its most loyal fans and I don't blame anyone for availing themselves of the opportunity to cut into the cost of the PSLs. After all, it's an 'investment,' not just a ticket to the game. 

I'm a long time season ticket holder.  I try to go to every game. This is just my observation based on being at the stadium and sometimes talking to 'road' fans in nearby seats.

No disrespect, but this is all imaginary nonsense.

PSL's were never pitched as some 'investment'.  They were nothing more than a price increase and a way to purge scalpers from the very best locations.  Everyone knows that every team in the NFL that instituted PSL's saw their fans licenses retain some value depending on on-field success.  That's it.  No other promises were made.

Seats that wind up in the hands of our opponents fans do so because not all season ticket holders can attend all 10 games.  Between summer vacation, trips to Asia, and a travel soccer tournament here or there I usually can only attend 7 of the 10 games I pay for.  Stubhub is great, and it's easy to sell tickets, but we have no control over who buys them.  Considering the number of home fans vs. road fans is on the order of a million-to-one, you would think Jets fans would scoop them up.

The adversarial relationship you refer to is between the Jets and the old timers who were purged from their cushy seating locations.  That's a fact.  However, there are more of us younger fans who were blocked for decades on decent seats simply because we were born too late and that wasn't fair either.  I look at it this way:  I'm in the seating location of some 70 year old who enjoyed a prime location for 30 years while I was f-cked in the upper deck or scrounging Newsday for a shady broker.  Now the shoe is on the other foot.  They had it great for 30 years, now its our turn.  We don't feel bad for them one iota.  They didn't take waitlisters feelings into account back then, they don't deserve our pity now either.

SAR I

Archived