"The most important off season acquisition for the Jets...."

Jet_Engine1

I'd take Geno --> Marshall/Decker over Fitzpatrick --> Decker/Kerley (or whomever else)

No thanks. I'll take the QB who doesn't make you cringe when he drops back. Kerley has looked pretty good in his limited opportunities catching passes from Fitz. 

Marshall definitely makes Fitz better. But Fitz has also sent some beautiful throws his way. 

No thanks. I'll take the QB who doesn't make you cringe when he drops back. Kerley has looked pretty good in his limited opportunities catching passes from Fitz. 

That was possibly the most puzzling thing about Geno last season.  In most of his better games, Kerley was a big part of the offense.  He completely ignored him after week five or six...it was like Kerley wasn't even on the roster anymore.

Lol, no. Brandom Marshall by a mile. Had Geno jaw not been broken everyone would b red talking about how much he gas improved.

No, just no.  I would pick Marshall as well but you could knock off about 4 tds and about 300 yards from his total with geno getting sacked and strip sacked every game.  Geno had his shot to show he was a new and improved Geno and he did what he always has done here, look good for part of a game and then make brain numbing horrible decisions when the game is on the line.  You can trumpet how he should be a starter on the Bills forms next year when he goes there to back up Taylor.

Chad is dumber than I thought.

its easily Mac as the biggest offseason acquisition...the guy who brought in Bowles, Fitz, Marshall, Revis, Skrine, Carpenter, Gilchrist, and drafted Williams...

there's one right answer to biggest offseason acquisition for the Jets, and chad is wrong.  No Mac, likely no Fitz...and likely none of the other guys I mentioned, or not all of them.

Marshall definitely makes Fitz better. But Fitz has also sent some beautiful throws his way. 

We forget that not every single throw Geno made was a terrible one either.  Fitz has been an upgrade at QB, but an upgrade to average.  Marshall has been an upgrade to a top tier playmaker.

except its both.... because they complement each other. Brandon Marshall with Geno at the helm might have very well been a total disaster

Both have been upgrades, no doubt.  The point I'm making, which I believe to be true, is that I'd take Geno with Marshall as my #1 over Fitzpatrick with Decker as my #1.

If by compliment each other, you mean, fitzpatrick doesn't **** up while Marshall makes great plays, then yes.  But people are wildly overrating Fitzpatrick, who again, I am happy with, based on the last two games.

We forget that not every single throw Geno made was a terrible one either.  Fitz has been an upgrade at QB, but an upgrade to average.  Marshall has been an upgrade to a top tier playmaker.

I think you forget that he failed to make up for all of his mental mistakes with those nice throws. There's so much more to the QB position that Fitz does well in addition to making nice throws. He very clearly has the confidence of his teammates, pocket presence, and ability to run for first downs when needed rather than run backwards and take sacks.

The QB matters more than his receivers. Fitz has been an average QB his whole career, long before linking up with Marshall and Decker. Kendall Wright and Stevie Johnson had their best seasons playing with Fitz. An average QB can have success with average receivers. But a bad QB can't be hidden for long regardless of how good his weapons are. You know this. 

Bottom line:  We haven't had a WR as good as Marshall in a long time. We also haven't had a QB as good as Fitz in a long time either. They're both pretty equally vital to our success.

Fitz is slightly more indispensable to me because it kept us from another season of dreary QB play.  That is a pretty valuable thing for a franchise like ours. Does that make him overrated? Not to me. Quality QB play is hard to find, and here we are playing meaningful games in December. It's no coincidence.

The kind Geno sent to his #1 WR Decker in the last month in 2014? He's now #2, if that makes any sense. 

The kind Geno sent to his #1 WR Decker in the last month in 2014? He's now #2, if that makes any sense. 

Geno threw 3 picks in a quarter to get his ass benched in 2014. It's nice that he decided to show up in December of each of his first 2 seasons. He is still awful, and never would have given this team or coaching staff the confidence Fitz has provided.

No, just no.  I would pick Marshall as well but you could knock off about 4 tds and about 300 yards from his total with geno getting sacked and strip sacked every game.  Geno had his shot to show he was a new and improved Geno and he did what he always has done here, look good for part of a game and then make brain numbing horrible decisions when the game is on the line.  You can trumpet how he should be a starter on the Bills forms next year when he goes there to back up Taylor.

Your views are so selective and tunnel visioned that they are completely useless,

This is what's great about having a solid GM, there actually is a choice about which was his best acquisition. Among others, there is Brandon Marshall, the actual trade was Marshall & a 7th round pick for our 5th round pick.  Right now that trade looks like a steal! Another great trade was Fitzpatrick for a conditional 6th.  Mac picked up a solid starting QB, something we haven't had in years, for what will be a 6th round pick! 

Lol, no. Brandom Marshall by a mile. Had Geno jaw not been broken everyone would b red talking about how much he gas improved.

The great thing about posting 50 times in the "Fitz is worst QB ever to start for the Jets" thread is that you can go back there and copy/paste your thoughts for new threads. Lol, no?

It's not just the picks, it's the fumbles with Geno. He gives the other team the ball all the time. He also gets sacked a lot more. Geno isn't a good football player, he just makes stupid decisions.

He's cut in the off season, it's Fitz, Petty, and Rookie in 2016.

LACK of total respect for the ball.

Archived