Rex Ryan

kevinc855

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see under your name,  fire Greg Roman.  I think Thurman has to go first.  We need Jim Schwartz back.

Thurman runs Rex's D. Firing him does nothing. Schwartz is never coming back, there are plenty of competent DCs out there but none are working for Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo really needs to just recognize the mistake and let Rex guy. Buffalo actually has a pretty talented team that is being horrendously managed. 

At this point, it seems Dan Quinn might be one and done as well. Does not happen often, but we could see it a couple times this year,

Thurman runs Rex's D. Firing him does nothing. Schwartz is never coming back, there are plenty of competent DCs out there but none are working for Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Schwartz is never coming back - it's just wishful thinking on my part

Buffalo really needs to just recognize the mistake and let Rex guy. Buffalo actually has a pretty talented team that is being horrendously managed. 

At this point, it seems Dan Quinn might be one and done as well. Does not happen often, but we could see it a couple times this year,

You think Atlanta dumps Quinn already?? 

At least you're not that team that Kelly took to the dance four times and lost all four times. Oh...

I'd rather be in the position of  losing the SB than the position we are in now.  We have so much talent on this team.  Thought we would be in a much better position right now.

I see under your name,  fire Greg Roman.  I think Thurman has to go first.  We need Jim Schwartz back.

Rex is fine but he should have never said Schwartz in effect sucked by having an underperforming defense.  It was a cheap shot and was totally undeserved.  So I for one have no sympathy for Rex's current underperforming unit when they are more talented than the Jets defense!!

Rex is fine but he should have never said Schwartz in effect sucked by having an underperforming defense.  It was a cheap shot and was totally undeserved.  So I for one have no sympathy for Rex's current underperforming unit when they are more talented than the Jets defense!!

OMG Charlie,  I must have been living in a cave when this was said.  I don't remember the comment.  I thought it was a mutual  agreement that Schwartz leave because of their (Ryan/Schwartz) differences with  defense schemes.

OMG Charlie,  I must have been living in a cave when this was said.  I don't remember the comment.  I thought it was a mutual  agreement that Schwartz leave because of their (Ryan/Schwartz) differences with  defense schemes.

You are correct my frriend, but remember when Rex in his first statements said the Bill defense underperformed last year?

That would be a top five rated defense that Rex was saying wasn't playing up to its talent level.

Rex didn't have to say that and in effect take a cheap shot at Schwartz but he did.....

And I like Rex but that was bush league and flat out wrong!!!!

It doesnt seem like Quinn is going anywhere, that team is a mess.  Their GM has to go but Quinn isn't getting fired off of one year and the talent they have today

You are correct my frriend, but remember when Rex in his first statements said the Bill defense underperformed last year?

That would be a top five rated defense that Rex was saying wasn't playing up to its talent level.

Rex didn't have to say that and in effect take a cheap shot at Schwartz but he did.....

And I like Rex but that was bush league and flat out wrong!!!!

I honestly don't remember that Charlie.  I only remember hearing Rex say that it was more or less a mutual agreement.  However,  I do believe you.

That game still kills me. By far the toughest loss to swallow of the season. We should be 9-4.

That and the Eagles game. Special Teams has let us down and I hope we replace our ST coach (is it odd half the board doesn't even know his name, including me?).

Should've been 10-3. Better yet, 11-2 as we gave up the lead to the ******* Cheats, a game we lead most of the 2nd half.

I honestly don't remember that Charlie.  I only remember hearing Rex say that it was more or less a mutual agreement.  However,  I do believe you.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/rex_ryan_explains_firing_jim_schwartz_says_buffalo_bills_defense_will_rank_no_1.html

Orchard Park, N.Y. — Rex Ryan loves to speak in extremes. His Buffalo Bills aren't going to finish near the top of the league in defense, they are going to be No. 1. They aren't going to compete for a playoff spot, they are going to make the playoffs. But one thing that doesn't have to be black or white is his defense. 

One of Ryan's first moves as head coach was to terminate the contract of defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who helped the Bills lead the league in sacks in 2014 while playing a 4-3 scheme. Ryan said he wanted to give Schwartz the opportunity to pursue other jobs but that the defense wouldn't necessarily abandon the 4-3 concepts. 

"I recognize that we're kind of a little different, but quite honestly, I've been part of record-setting teams that base out of a 4-3 and I've been part of record-setting teams that base out of a 3-4," Ryan said Wednesday. "One thing you'll find out about me is that it's not ego-driven. We're not going to definitely play a 3-4 or a 4-3, for that matter. We're going to have in our arsenal the ability to do anything. As an opponent, you've got to prepare for everything because, if not, I'm going to find out what you're not prepared for and I'll attack you appropriately. That's how we play defense. We play defense based on our personnel, not just the scheme. I don't try to put a square peg in a round hole."

That statement alone should quell any fear that the Bills' defense will take a step back by losing Schwartz. Ryan knows defense as well as anybody in the NFL. He'll be able to use the elements of Schwartz's defense that worked and mix in that infamous Ryan family zest that has made Rex, his father ,Buddy, and brother, Rob, so successful coaching defense in the NFL.

"I think I've been around enough to adjust based on the players that I have, the talents of the players that I have and it'll be no different this year," Ryan said. "It's not just me. I'm blessed with an incredible group of coaches and I lean heavily on them."

Ryan will be bringing with him a handful of defensive assistants from his time with the Jets. That group will include defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman. But Ryan knows it's about more than the coaches. His face lit up and he flashed a smile when asked about getting a chance to coach a team with as much defensive talent as the Bills have. When it comes to where the team will rank on defense, there's no gray area in terms of what Ryan defines as success. 

"This team, we know how loaded we are with talent," Ryan said. "There's no question about it. You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense. That's just the way it goes."

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/rex_ryan_explains_firing_jim_schwartz_says_buffalo_bills_defense_will_rank_no_1.html

Orchard Park, N.Y. — Rex Ryan loves to speak in extremes. His Buffalo Bills aren't going to finish near the top of the league in defense, they are going to be No. 1. They aren't going to compete for a playoff spot, they are going to make the playoffs. But one thing that doesn't have to be black or white is his defense. 

One of Ryan's first moves as head coach was to terminate the contract of defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who helped the Bills lead the league in sacks in 2014 while playing a 4-3 scheme. Ryan said he wanted to give Schwartz the opportunity to pursue other jobs but that the defense wouldn't necessarily abandon the 4-3 concepts. 

"I recognize that we're kind of a little different, but quite honestly, I've been part of record-setting teams that base out of a 4-3 and I've been part of record-setting teams that base out of a 3-4," Ryan said Wednesday. "One thing you'll find out about me is that it's not ego-driven. We're not going to definitely play a 3-4 or a 4-3, for that matter. We're going to have in our arsenal the ability to do anything. As an opponent, you've got to prepare for everything because, if not, I'm going to find out what you're not prepared for and I'll attack you appropriately. That's how we play defense. We play defense based on our personnel, not just the scheme. I don't try to put a square peg in a round hole."

That statement alone should quell any fear that the Bills' defense will take a step back by losing Schwartz. Ryan knows defense as well as anybody in the NFL. He'll be able to use the elements of Schwartz's defense that worked and mix in that infamous Ryan family zest that has made Rex, his father ,Buddy, and brother, Rob, so successful coaching defense in the NFL.

"I think I've been around enough to adjust based on the players that I have, the talents of the players that I have and it'll be no different this year," Ryan said. "It's not just me. I'm blessed with an incredible group of coaches and I lean heavily on them."

Ryan will be bringing with him a handful of defensive assistants from his time with the Jets. That group will include defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman. But Ryan knows it's about more than the coaches. His face lit up and he flashed a smile when asked about getting a chance to coach a team with as much defensive talent as the Bills have. When it comes to where the team will rank on defense, there's no gray area in terms of what Ryan defines as success. 

"This team, we know how loaded we are with talent," Ryan said. "There's no question about it. You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense. That's just the way it goes."

Wow, Rex Ryan can really coach up a Defense, they're going to have a great season....WAIT.......WHUT???

Well Rex Ryan does sacrifice his coordinators first, so this would be no surprise. But problem is the Pegulas are going to be dealing with an epic fanbase/local media  sheetstorm if things keep going like this. As much as nobody wants to eat that much money and that many years, plausible Ryan gets canned altogether if things keep going like this. As we learned here, better a year too soon than find out you wasted another year. 

And defensive line coach/Fredo Corleone Jeff Weeks.

Rex will have one more season left in Buffalo before he eventually goes to CBS and lives out his life as a commentator.

Never happen.  No network could handle the massive barrage of "ya knows" and "likes" by an analyst.

Rex' next job will be as spokesperson for the American Peanut Board.  He'll lead their campaign to require all bars and taverns to provide the roasted legumes free of charge for patrons.

Its a guilty pleasure of mine to go to the bills boards and read the all too familiar threads about Rex.  I must say as a fanbase the Bills are more in tune with how bad Rex is than a lot of the dolt Jet fans at this point.  That or they have less father figure issues.

I do the same. Two bills drive is fun reading after a loss, they've thrned sour on Rex it's hilarious

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Listening to this Moron when he was coach of the Jets was embarrassing and it made me angry . Listening to this Moron now spewing the same old sh*t over and over makes me shake my head and laugh. He will never learn because from what I see the guy puts no effort into his job because he says and does the same stupid things he did here as a rookie HC. Does anyone seriously think Rex Ryan is up at 3am every day game planning like a  Bill Belicheat ? Not a chance. He's on a ride accomplishing nothing but making himself look like a complete ass. He knows the networks would love him as a analyst because he's must see comedy TV and that's all he is. To be honest he will wear out that welcome as well and look like as ass analyzing games.

I remember when He came to the Jets and his own Dad Buddy Ryan said to him those are my Jets don't embarrass me and that's exactly what Rex did. His own father knew what to expect

Listening to this Moron when he was coach of the Jets was embarrassing and it made me angry . Listening to this Moron now spewing the same old sh*t over and over makes me shake my head and laugh. He will never learn because from what I see the guy puts no effort into his job because he says and does the same stupid things he did here as a rookie HC. Does anyone seriously think Rex Ryan is up at 3am every day game planning like a  Bill Belicheat ? Not a chance. He's on a ride accomplishing nothing but making himself look like a complete ass. He knows the networks would love him as a analyst because he's must see comedy TV and that's all he is. To be honest he will wear out that welcome as well and look like as ass analyzing games.

I remember when He came to the Jets and his own Dad Buddy Ryan said to him those are my Jets don't embarrass me and that's exactly what Rex did. His own father knew what to expect

He was interviewed by Bart Scott and made a comment like..."You know me I AINT neva gonna change".

Thats the problem.Also, he is not even a good DC any more.  Just average.

Archived