Rex Ryan

kevinc855

"Obviously, very emotional at the time. He probably would have regretted some things he was going to say, and that's why he probably chose to do it the route that he chose. Does he have a right to his opinion and do different things? Absolutely.

Rex should take this to heart and try doing this himself ... might save him some embarrassment.

"We were the better team, we just happened to lose". :rolleyes: He should get that on a T-shirt.

• Upvote 2

I heard that if he leaves, we still have to pay the $27.5 million contract for the 5 year period.  If this is true,  I think the front office would be a little reticent to let him go.  If this is not true,  he may be gone after next year.

Why would the FO be reticent to let him go?

HC salaries have no impact whatsoever on the team's salary cap.

$27.5MM is chump change to Pegula.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they sit down and review the year. :)

Take a 9-7 team, with a strong D and a limited O. Improve the QB position significantly, add key pieces at RB, CB, OL, not lose anyone in particular ... put them up against an arguably weaker schedule (AFC South, NFC East) ... and AT BEST finish at 9-7.

Engage bluster-mode and initiate empty-promise protocol!!!

• Upvote 1

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they sit down and review the year. 

Take a 9-7 team, with a strong D and a limited O. Improve the QB position significantly, add key pieces at RB, CB, OL, not lose anyone in particular ... put them up against an arguably weaker schedule (AFC South, NFC East) ... and AT BEST finish at 9-7.

Engage bluster-mode and initiate empty-promise protocol!!!

Bills would have been a much stronger team under Marrone/Schwartz.

Rex took a good team and turned them into bottom-feeders.

• Upvote 2

Exactly.

Another example of Rex trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

That defense was awesome last year, and Rex thought his defensive game plans/schemes would be better.

Rex will be in the TV booth in 2 years.

I can see it now.  The Ryan twins on with Warren Sapp and Chris Collinsworth.  That should be a show worth tuning in for...

"This team, we know how loaded we are with talent," Ryan said. "There's no question about it. You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. Fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense. That's just the way it goes."

Current ranks:

Yards/Game allowed:  20th

Points/Game allowed:  15th

DVOA:  26th

• Upvote 2

Come now tx you should know better than this just from these forums.  There is only one thing worse in this world than being wrong and that is having to admit you were wrong.  You also should know Rex's history and modus operendi by now.  Charms the owner, takes credit for all the good things, distances himself from all the bad things.  The OC, the GM, the DC will all get it in the neck before Rex.  He has at least 3 years minimum and maybe more if the Bills after falling on their asses this year look good getting to .500 next year.

Money is not an issue but admitting you blew it with a 5 year deal is a big issue, Rex is totally safe.

Just seeing your post.

That was a disgrace and was embarrassing.......

And I was hoping, really hoping, that Rex was going to lead us to the promised land when he was first hired.... 

That to me was one of the most, if not the most embarrassing thing he ever did here.  Just killing Turner like that, total disregard for the guy.  He also did a similar hack job on Harbaugh, telling all that he should have gotten the job over Harbaugh, that he deserved it more and would have been the better choice.  Who does this idiot think he is, Lombardi?

• Upvote 3

Really???  Management brought in that buffoon.   they owe you and the GREAT people of western NY an apology.

Go to the Irishman in Williamsville, Ill buy you a beer.  I am the CPA. Really.

Well,  I don't drink but at this point of the football season,  I could probably use a couple LOL 

• Upvote 1

I saw in post game comments vs Philly Rex stated the Bills were the better team. Bluster never fades away from the guy.

Yeah,  I was a little surprised at the comment.  If even it were true,  there are some things left better unsaid.   It's starting to get a little old if you know what I mean.

Edited by jeaniec
  • Upvote 2

Rex is a farce and his RB McCoy is just like him. Talks trash until time to put up then when they lose he has nothing to say. I give Rex one more year in Buffalo, unless they lose their last four in which case I could see the owner pulling the plug on one HUGE mistake. He has taken a top three defense and made it a joke, so when is everyone going to stop calling him a defensive guru? So many are better - Dick LeBeau for one - comes up with blitzes that actually work while Rex designs exotic stuff that ALMOST works. Rex gave us four years of a circus, so I think it will be that long before I stop dissing him.

• Upvote 1

That is exactly why he should be blamed, a weak GM that won't stand up to Rex is a recipe for disaster.

If the GM was weak then Marrone should never have quit since he would then have had heavy influence on all matters. 

My post was questioning why the Bills should be apologizing to Marrone instead of the other way around.