Big Mo

Scoop24

Let's see what Mo ACTUALLY wants first, rather than just running with the same old "JJ Watt-style money" adage that's been trotted out every time the subject comes up.

mo doesn't know what he wants, Mo's agents will be the one's demanding a king's ransom of a contract. Mo is merely a pawn between the GM and his own agents.

Mo will get his money, but it might not be here. The Jets don't need to worry, they will Franchise him if all else fails and have one more year. Either way the man has produced, but we cannot afford all of that money on one side of the ball. You cant pay everyone

Fair enough. Would you rather have just Mo or Snacks, Powell, Fitz, and a couple other FAs? It's not justa  1 vs. 1 comparison in my mind.

I would absolutely dump Snacks and Powell for Mo without blinking. Would Mo really cost us Fitzpatrick? That one's a little stickier.

Heres the deal with the Jets D-line and Defensive needs. When it comes to the type of defense we play, fast solid LB's are what we need. The NFL seems to call less and less holding penalties on passing plays to protect the QB and its having an effect on our D-line's pass rushing abilities . The only guy able to get pressure hold or no hold is Wilkerson the rest will be over paid run stoppers when all we really need is to move one of our back ups to the D line and build up the LB corp..

I think the Jets should Keep Wilk and Harrison and try to move Williams and Richardson for high draft picks, then use those picks to build up our LB corp. In a passing league where D Lineman are getting held routinely I would much rather have LB's who can be complete players  that can both cover and run sideline to sideline kind of like Luke Keickly (sp?)

Our D-line stops the run but if we keep Wilk and Harrision we will still be formidable vs the run by adding good LB's and probably fair much better vs TE and the short passing game the Pats love to use against us 

Fair enough. Would you rather have just Mo or Snacks, Powell, Fitz, and a couple other FAs? It's not justa  1 vs. 1 comparison in my mind.

Is that something that someone seriously said?

Well uhh, yeah.

I would absolutely dump Snacks and Powell for Mo without blinking. Would Mo really cost us Fitzpatrick? That one's a little stickier.

No on Fitzpatrick.  Fitz is not worth anything anyplace else. He is at a point in his journey that he takes what we give him and be pretty happy with it. Can't see a rush for a team to be his 9 th or 10th stop. I just don't.  

Yeah not sure how Powell is getting into the conversation here. He's a role player that has outplayed himself the last couple of games. Hes not getting 100 yards a game every wk. We can replace him via draft or pay him 2-3 mil. He won't be demanding 8 mil, thats for sure. If we can get a similar quality OLB to replace Pace, I'd trade away Mo since we actually need OLB more than we need a DE. The drop off from Mo to Williams won't be as much as the quality of play we can garner from a top OLB. Mo is an easy first rounder in a trade with his age. Im not sure if I wanna give up a known talent for an unknown, possibly bust, rookie. Thats the reality. I want a player for player trade if Mo moves. Else, keep him. Tag him.

No. Don't pay him yet. Franchise him and see how the NFL disciplines Richardson in 2016. 

Let Williams continue to develop (you can tell game is slowing down a bit for him now), let Mo earn his Top5 DE $14M 2016 salary check. See what develops with #91 in terms of production , punishment, future behavior and future risk.

trade the least of the 3 in March 2017, keep the other 2. My prognostication is they let Mo walk and keep #91 and #92 due to higher motors and at LEAST 2 season younger w/less we are & tear. 

I LOVE MO, but Remember Sonny, it's strictly business, not personal. 

yes and the reason why is because it probably nets us a better pick keeping all those DL makes no sense when they create no pressure . We need LB's and occupiers who can stop the run as well.

I agree we need linebackers.  I just think keeping Williams instead of Sheldon makes better $$$ sense.  Plus Sheldon will always be one joy ride away from suspension.

Archived