How we get in at 10-6

nico002

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm resigned to the fact we're not getting in.  Which sucks and is real disappointment after that great start and how well they're playing right now.  I didnt expect playoffs this year but I sure did sitting at 4-1.  Shame too.  This team could make some noise in the playoffs. 

I'm resigned to the fact we're not getting in.  Which sucks and is real disappointment after that great start and how well they're playing right now.  I didnt expect playoffs this year but I sure did sitting at 4-1.  Shame too.  This team could make some noise in the playoffs. 

It's a disappointment, but I'm right there too.  Too many scenarios and we got 0 help this week.  I almost think our best bet is a Broncos plummet at this point.  Though, following along on NFL.com w/ Chiefs/Chargers, I could see a less pathetic team knocking them off.

- steelers lose two (Broncos, Johnny football)

Or

- Chiefs lose two (Johnny football, raiders)

Or 

broncos lose three (steelers, Bengals, Chargers)

I dont understand..please explain.   IF at 8-5 we are in ahead of the Steelers. If we win out and they win out, wouldnt we be ahead of them?

If we and the Steelers finish at 10-6, they are ahead of us?

I dont understand..please explain.   IF at 8-5 we are in ahead of the Steelers. If we win out and they win out, wouldnt we be ahead of them?

right now we have played more conf games and have a better conf record b/c of it but if both win out we have a tie w/ best conf record and they beat us on common opponents.

I get it but after the 3-0 start in 2009 we were LUCKY to get in, and the 8-3 start in 2008 etc..  I simply dont get excited too soon anymore.

Has to do with the conference record tiebreaker, I think.  We are ahead of them now, but that's only because of games played w/in conference.  When all is said and done, that will even out and put them ahead.  That's my understanding.  Though, I think it may be different actually if we lose to the Cowboys but beat the Pats/Bills.  I think everyone is assuming a loss to the Pats as our 1.

It's a disappointment, but I'm right there too.  Too many scenarios and we got 0 help this week.  I almost think our best bet is a Broncos plummet at this point.  Though, following along on NFL.com w/ Chiefs/Chargers, I could see a less pathetic team knocking them off.

Meh, that was just a sloppy division game in pouring down rain.  The Chiefs beat the chargers 4 weeks go 33-3 in San Diego.  I mentioned it another thread but that's the only close game they've played since their 6 game win streak, and they won with a goalline stand.  The rest have been blowouts.  During their streak they've won 204-61.  That's as dominating as can be.  They're playing as good as anyone in the NFL despite a close call yesterday.  Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked if they won the division.  I think they win out and the Broncos drop the next 2 of 3. 

I get it but after the 3-0 start in 2009 we were LUCKY to get in, and the 8-3 start in 2008 etc..  I simply dont get excited too soon anymore.

3-0 is different than 4-1.  Over the last 25 years, 78% of teams that start 4-1 make the playoffs.  To be part of that 22% is a failure IMO.

That 09' team started 3-0 but 3 weeks later were 3-3.

The 8-3 collapse is up there with Jetsiest season of all time.  This could end up being up there too, IMO.  4-1 is juicy dude.  Especially when you consider some of the terrible losses that happened after it. 

I think we are going to get help this week out of no where where we least expect it. We are going to win Saturday night hopefully. Which makes a week 16 matchup at home vs NE the hottest ticket in town in many years. 

Probably since the Bengals week 17 freeze fest which was the most fun I've ever had at a game since the 1998 divisional game vs Jacksonville. 

Hang in there and keep winning....crazy stuff always happens in December and I expect it will be the same this year...idk why but I think if we get to 10 we get in somehow....don't put it past Denver or Cincinnati to lose out either.

Hellooooooo People!  This is the NFL where most scenarios never pan out the way they are supposed to.  With three weeks left that's a lot of football to be played. I'm not a historian but  when was the last time that  there was a wild card chase where 3 or 4 teams are tied and all of them win out the last 4 or 5 games??  It may have happened but I would imagine the odds are low.

This is the NFL where the unexpected happens almost every week.  Lets hope we can do our jobs and take care of of business before we worry about who is helping us.

That Broncos Cincy game will be huge. I do think both these teams take a major fall and lose two out of three, stumbling their way into the playoffs. I think Broncos have a better chance of stumbling. 

3-0 is different than 4-1.  Over the last 25 years, 78% of teams that start 4-1 make the playoffs.  To be part of that 22% is a failure IMO.

That 09' team started 3-0 but 3 weeks later were 3-3.

The 8-3 collapse is up there with Jetsiest season of all time.  This could end up being up there too, IMO.  4-1 is juicy dude.  Especially when you consider some of the terrible losses that happened after it. 

I dont agree.  New coach, last year 4-12.  The loss to Philly showed that we were a patch work group and I wasn t buying in just yet. The PATS and Texans loss confirmed it.  We were lucky to beat the GIANTS.   All said...  I am happy about the season and hold out hope we get in at 10-6.

But to me....  being 10-1 and barely making it (forget the year) and 2008 were just SMH JETS moments.

while we are at it..in 2009 I believe we were below 500 at one point.  

Hang in there and keep winning....crazy stuff always happens in December and I expect it will be the same this year...idk why but I think if we get to 10 we get in somehow....don't put it past Denver or Cincinnati to lose out either.

I wouldn't count on it, but both teams are playing without their starting QBs going forward. We have seen teams collapse before....

I dont agree.  New coach, last year 4-12.  The loss to Philly showed that we were a patch work group and I wasn t buying in just yet. The PATS and Texans loss confirmed it.  We were lucky to beat the GIANTS.   All said...  I am happy about the season and hold out hope we get in at 10-6.

But to me....  being 10-1 and barely making it (forget the year) and 2008 were just SMH JETS moments.

while we are at it..in 2009 I believe we were below 500 at one point.  

This isnt the same team as last year so 4-12 is irrelevant.  This team, was 4-1.  78% of the time, those teams get into the playoffs.  The Jets are a top 10 team on offense and defense.  Every team in the league that can make that claim, are locks for the playoffs.  Missing the playoffs would be a failure.  I assure you, if you ask this team that question, they'd agree.

The best hope might be if Cincinnati does not win another game.  They will have better conference record though, so we need 11 wins to get past them.

I don't think Pitt or KC is going to lose again.

We have to beat NE and Buff to get in, they will be killing them selves to stop us.

Going to be a fun bunch of games.

That Broncos Cincy game will be huge. I do think both these teams take a major fall and lose two out of three, stumbling their way into the playoffs. I think Broncos have a better chance of stumbling. 

we would need Denver to lose 2 of 3 or Cincy to lose all 3. 

If we win out we wont have to worry about other teams. 

Sadly, at 11-5 we still would have to worry.  We lose tiebreakers vs KC and Pitt if we're all at 11-5 so either one of those two teams need to lose a game. And if they don't, we'd need Denver or Cincy to lose at least 2 out 3.. And even with Denver and or Cincy at 11-5, I'm not sure whether we have either one of those tiebreakers.

Sadly, at 11-5 we still would have to worry.  We lose tiebreakers vs KC and Pitt if we're all at 11-5 so either one of those two teams need to lose a game. And if they don't, we'd need Denver or Cincy to lose at least 2 out 3.. And even with Denver and or Cincy at 11-5, I'm not sure whether we have either one of those tiebreakers.

we'd need Cincy to lose all 3, Denver 2 of 3. 

We will win the next game in Dallas. Just like I said we will beat Titans. This past game show our potential, and as long as STs doesn't give up field position and Tds we are a very good team. Watch Saturday night when we blow out the boys in Jerry's house. Right now our D is suffocating and getting Revis back only solidifies it. Mo is playing out of his mind and Im still waiting for Sheldon's breakout game. Powell and Enunwa coming back has added an extra blocker on O and another weapon w/ Powell. Keep in mind, we are playing NE at home, not in Foxboro. We are the Home team, a game where I will have endzone seats. I will it say it now, we will by a TD.

As far as the Chiefs or Pitt. Just worry about ourselves. Things always take care of themselves. The Bengals without Dalton are in trouble and Denver looked awful yesterday. We will see some crazy football the last couple of weeks. We just need to handle our business.

I'm just pissed off we never get to play in a division as bad as the AFC South or NFC East.  And yes, I'm also pissed we lost those Buffalo and Houston games; win one of those and our playoff chances look significantly better.  But we can't do much about that now.

In the end I'll still be really happy with a 10-6 or 11-5 season whether we make the playoffs or not, because as crazy as it sounds, it may well mean we have the GM/HC/QB combo to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.  You can't win 10 or 11 games one year and not be considered a dangerous team the following year.  A nice draft and a few sneaky pickups and who knows? 

I'm just pissed off we never get to play in a division as bad as the AFC South or NFC East.  And yes, I'm also pissed we lost those Buffalo and Houston games; win one of those and our playoff chances look significantly better.  But we can't do much about that now.

In the end I'll still be really happy with a 10-6 or 11-5 season whether we make the playoffs or not, because as crazy as it sounds, it may well mean we have the GM/HC/QB combo to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.  You can't win 10 or 11 games one year and not be considered a dangerous team the following year.  A nice draft and a few sneaky pickups and who knows? 

of course you can go from 10/11 wins to bad team in a year. it happens all the time(and teams go from 4-5 wins to being good the next year too), a 10/11 win season means nothing w/o the playoffs.  I hold out hope something will break right for us.  still plenty of football to be played, just keep winning.

If we make the playoffs, nobody wants anything to do with us... we'd be that "playing with house money" team. No pressure on us, because nobody expects anything from us... we could definitely make noise. 

If we make the playoffs, nobody wants anything to do with us... we'd be that "playing with house money" team. No pressure on us, because nobody expects anything from us... we could definitely make noise. 

Couldn't say it any better.

No doubt, it's unlucky for the Jets that this is one of those rare years that 10 wins won't virtually assure a wildcard spot. Hell, most years 9 is enough.

BUT, I feel better today after looking at some of the statistical simulated season breakdowns. Even though the Jets overall chances of getting in dropped this week, they still have nearly a 50-50 shot at getting in with 10 wins. When thinking about it last night, I could think of almost no realistic scenario where they'd get in with 10 wins, so having it be around a coin flip is better than I expected. And with 11 wins, their chances of making it are still at 95 percent. I'm reassured by those numbers -- now they've got to go out and win at least 2, and maybe all 3.

Here's the link of the site I used: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/AFCEast/NYJets.html

No doubt, it's unlucky for the Jets that this is one of those unusual years that 10 wins won't virtually assure a wildcard spot. Hell, most years 9 is enough.

BUT, I feel better today after looking at some of the statistical simulated season breakdowns. Even though the Jets overall chances of getting in dropped this week, they still have nearly a 50-50 shot at getting in with 10 wins. When thinking about it last night, I could think of almost no realistic scenario where they'd get in with 10 wins, so having it be around a coin flip is better than I expected. And with 11 wins, their chances of making it are still at 95 percent. I'm reassured by those numbers -- now they've got to go out and win at least 2, and maybe all 3.

Here's the link of the site I used: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/AFCEast/NYJets.html

woops ... sorry for the double post

Archived