How we get in at 10-6

nico002

We just need to concentrate on Dallas. Just like the Titans. There will be movement either way. Also I would not want to play Oakland right now. Amari Cooper just had his worst professional game, and they still won. Derek Carr is legit, and Oaklands D can be scary. This Bronco/Steeler game is huge, and I see Peyton coming back this week for some reason. These next three weeks will be amazing. It is all you can ask for as a Jets fan.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, that was just a sloppy division game in pouring down rain.  The Chiefs beat the chargers 4 weeks go 33-3 in San Diego.  I mentioned it another thread but that's the only close game they've played since their 6 game win streak, and they won with a goalline stand.  The rest have been blowouts.  During their streak they've won 204-61.  That's as dominating as can be.  They're playing as good as anyone in the NFL despite a close call yesterday.  Honestly, I wouldnt be shocked if they won the division.  I think they win out and the Broncos drop the next 2 of 3. 

If the Broncos drop, but finish ahead of us, I will be really disappointed that I cheered for them beating the Pats.

I see your point, but '86 felt worse to me.  Seemed like we had best team in the league the whole year....then the injuries and that fat jack*** making his proclamation.  Perhaps by the time '08 rolled around I was just more jaded so it wasn't much of a shock.

I am with you, that streak scarred my childhood:P but the reality is we weren't good enough.  we should have been good enough to win the AFC but the NFC was much better and we would have been smoked by NYG if we made it that far.

I will point you in the direction of Atlanta. 5-0 teams = 90% of the time make the playoffs.

And I don't think we are a top ten team in O and D. Before yesterday we were 11th in both ranks.

If it turned out that we had to go 12-4 to make the playoffs, then it's not a failure because this was not projected to be a 12 win team, even if we started 4-1

Yeah, Atlanta's choke job is all time right now.  To start 5-0 and now have a losing record.  That's about as terrible as it gets and one of the worst collapses I've ever seen.  And they really dont have an excuse.  No significant injuries, they're loaded on offense.  They hired a DC as their HC. They're a complete failure.  And I'm very glad the Jets didnt waste a high pick on Vic Beasley.  He looks like garbage.

I looked it up early today.  The Jets are top 10 on both offense and defense after yesterday.  I really dont get the whole projection thingy that so many adhere to around here. That means nothing. Who gives a **** what some bum**** said the Jets were supposed to be this season based on that sh*t bag roster they deployed last year.  They were wrong.   And for a team to start 4-1 and not make the playoffs, statistically its a failure.  I promise you the team feels the exact same way.

I'm thinking it must just an easy way for some fans to be good with not making the playoffs...but it's b.s if you ask me.  This team should be playoff bound.

Correct me if i am wrong, but the Dallas game is ONLY important if we end up 10-6 and one of the Chiefs/Steelers go 1-2 the rest of the way. 

I think you are wrong, I think if Pitt loses 1 AFC game and is 10-6 and we finish 10-6 losing to dallas then we go ahead of them.

10 or 11 wins would be really good. 

At some point you have to be great.  You have to win just about every game you're supposed to.  You have to beat TJ Yates and Rex Ryan led Bills team.  The team has to cycle to great for a change.  Given our expectations this year I get that 10-11 wins is very good but it's probably just not good enough.

10 or 11 wins would be really good. 

At some point you have to be great.  You have to win just about every game you're supposed to.  You have to beat TJ Yates and Rex Ryan led Bills team.  The team has to cycle to great for a change.  Given our expectations this year I get that 10-11 wins is very good but it's probably just not good enough.

Fully agree, but we were/are not going to be great coming off a 4-12 year. This team has a new direction under a new GM and rookie HC. The foundation is being built for the future and we are creating a culture that will lead to greatness. It is hard going from worst to first. Those lapses this year displayed we are not great yet, but the fight this team has shown has exceeded expectations unless you are delusional. Playoffs or not, this team is finally headed in the right direction. I never expected for them to raise the trophy this year, but what I've seen gives me hope in the future.

Yeah, Atlanta's choke job is all time right now.  To start 5-0 and now have a losing record.  That's about as terrible as it gets and one of the worst collapses I've ever seen.  And they really dont have an excuse.  No significant injuries, they're loaded on offense.  They hired a DC as their HC. They're a complete failure.  And I'm very glad the Jets didnt waste a high pick on Vic Beasley.  He looks like garbage.

I looked it up early today.  The Jets are top 10 on both offense and defense after yesterday.  I really dont get the whole projection thingy that so many adhere to around here. That means nothing. Who gives a **** what some bum**** said the Jets were supposed to be this season based on that sh*t bag roster they deployed last year.  They were wrong.   And for a team to start 4-1 and not make the playoffs, statistically its a failure.  I promise you the team feels the exact same way.

I'm thinking it must just an easy way for some fans to be good with not making the playoffs...but it's b.s if you ask me.  This team should be playoff bound.

I feel like a gigantic fat sap.  But after hearing the interview with Brandon Marshall and his Wife i really want the jets to make the post season more than usual.  LOL

If the Jets go 10-6 and don't make the playoffs -- not to mention 11-5 -- it's BAD LUCK, not a failure. 10-6 is good enough for the playoff like 95 percent of the time. 11-5 virtually never misses the playoffs. It would suck, but I don't think you can call it a failure.

If the Jets go 10-6 and don't make the playoffs -- not to mention 11-5 -- it's BAD LUCK, not a failure. 10-6 is good enough for the playoff like 95 percent of the time. 11-5 virtually never misses the playoffs. It would suck, but I don't think you can call it a failure.

10-6/11-5 would not be a failure but w/o the playoffs 10-6/11-5 wouldn't be a success either.

JiF, which team below is a failure?  A, B, both or neither?

Team A:  Goes 7-9 and wins least or 2nd least competitive division (IE division that scores the fewest points and allows the most overall). 

Team B:  Goes 10-6 or 11-5, misses playoffs.

neither a failure but A would be a success.

I'm thinking it must just an easy way for some fans to be good with not making the playoffs...but it's b.s if you ask me.  This team should be playoff bou

It's a matter of saying, "We are a playoff worthy team in an unfortunate year"

JiF, which team below is a failure?  A, B, both or neither?

Team A:  Goes 7-9 and wins least or 2nd least competitive division (IE division that scores the fewest points and allows the most overall). 

Team B:  Goes 10-6 or 11-5, misses playoffs.

I think A is a failure. I don't care if you get into the playoffs based on luck and circumstances, I don't think a losing record can ever been deemed "a success."

If the Steelers lose to the Browns and the Jets lose to the Bills, leaving them both at 10-6 to end the year, do the Jets pick up the common opponent advantage? If the Jets beat NE, which Pitt lost to and they already beat Cleveland, who the Steelers would have split with, is that enough for them to edge out Pitt?

Not a likely scenario, but not impossible.

If the Steelers lose to the Browns and the Jets lose to the Bills, leaving them both at 10-6 to end the year, do the Jets pick up the common opponent advantage? If the Jets beat NE, which Pitt lost to and they already beat Cleveland, who the Steelers would have split with, is that enough for them to edge out Pitt?

Not a likely scenario, but not impossible.

According to the ESPN simulator, we still miss out ... I think that would be based on strength of victory working in the Steelers' favour. They've beaten teams like the Cards and the Bengals (and in this scenario, the Broncos too). Our best win in this scenario would be vs. NE, but other than that there's a whole lot of so-so.

According to the ESPN simulator, we still miss out ... I think that would be based on strength of victory working in the Steelers' favour. They've beaten teams like the Cards and the Bengals (and in this scenario, the Broncos too). Our best win in this scenario would be vs. NE, but other than that there's a whole lot of so-so.

assuming NYJ and Pitt go 10-6 losing week 17 games to Buf and Cle:

1st tiebreaker is head to head: we didn't play

2nd tiebreaker is conf record: we'd tied

3rd is common opponents: we'd be tied

4th is strength of victory.  as of now Pitt's is 48-56, ours is 38-63.

assuming we win the next 2 and Pitt wins the next 2 the SOV would be: Pitt 62-68, NYJ 54-72

I agree but this season still wouldn't be a success if we miss.

The Jets have won twice the amount of games in 2015 than they did in 2014. Even at 10-6 and missing the playoffs, the season would be a big success. A new regime, with new players at key positions, and a whole new style of offense and defense matched up with winning more than you lose in the NFL is a good season.

The Jets have won twice the amount of games in 2015 than they did in 2014. Even at 10-6 and missing the playoffs, the season would be a big success. A new regime, with new players at key positions, and a whole new style of offense and defense matched up with winning more than you lose in the NFL is a good season.

we also have twice the talent we had last year, 2 years ago we were 8-8.  10/11 wins w/o the playoffs doesn't mean much.  again, it wouldn't be a failure but to succeed you need to get to the playoffs.

I am with you, that streak scarred my childhood:P but the reality is we weren't good enough.  we should have been good enough to win the AFC but the NFC was much better and we would have been smoked by NYG if we made it that far.

lol, your absolutely right...to be a kid again and just believe

I like how, after several years of being clearly inferior to the NFC, the AFC is back up again just in time for the Jets to finally be good and get screwed out of the playoffs.

Chiefs schedule is cake and the Steelers may not lose again. At all. Including the playoffs. Hooray 21st pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived