Playoffs In December!

prime21

It would be great to see us play on a field with that nice wild card playoff logo painted on it.  A nationally televised game with the "best announcers" and getting those extra interviews during the week.  All that is grand, however our playoffs have already begun.  The last two weeks were must win games and they way it's turning out, the next three will surely be the same.  A loss can almost certainly end our chances of the the real playoffs.  

For some, this season will be a bust if we don't make the real playoffs but to think about where we were last season and where we are a year later is pretty good.  Don't get me wrong, I will be very disappointed if we don't make it and I'm not settling for meaningful December games.  I'm just happy that we have these meaningful games this late in the season and like the playoffs it's do or die. (although one loss doesn't guarantee us being out)

It would be great to see us play on a field with that nice wild card playoff logo painted on it.  A nationally televised game with the "best announcers" and getting those extra interviews during the week.  All that is grand, however our playoffs have already begun.  The last two weeks were must win games and they way it's turning out, the next three will surely be the same.  A loss can almost certainly end our chances of the the real playoffs.  

For some, this season will be a bust if we don't make the real playoffs but to think about where we were last season and where we are a year later is pretty good.  Don't get me wrong, I will be very disappointed if we don't make it and I'm not settling for meaningful December games.  I'm just happy that we have these meaningful games this late in the season and like the playoffs it's do or die. (although one loss doesn't guarantee us being out)

it's great to be in the race but we were in the race in 2011 and 2013 w/ nothing to show for it so I won't be happy unless we make it.  we have a great chance to make it, let's jst tgake care of business and I think we'll get in.

it's great to be in the race but we were in the race in 2011 and 2013 w/ nothing to show for it so I won't be happy unless we make it.  we have a great chance to make it, let's jst tgake care of business and I think we'll get in.

we really don't have a great chance to make it. And that isn't being pessimistic... We need KC and Pit to lose a game or two and the rest of they're games are a cake walk. Us on the other hand face NE and a BUF team that would love to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs. We need things to go right for us on top of trying to win out. It's going to be rough. We really have about a 44% chance is what I read. Winning out is the best case scenario, let's just get there first before we speak on the chances.

we really don't have a great chance to make it. And that isn't being pessimistic... We need KC and Pit to lose a game or two and the rest of they're games are a cake walk. Us on the other hand face NE and a BUF team that would love to beat us and keep us out of the playoffs. We need things to go right for us on top of trying to win out. It's going to be rough. We really have about a 44% chance is what I read. Winning out is the best case scenario, let's just get there first before we speak on the chances.

look at it this way, we need either KC or Pitt to lose 1 game or Den to lose 2.  Den and Pitt play so either Den wins and we are sitting pretty or we need den to lose 1 of last 2.  3 weeks is a still a long way to go.

look at it this way, we need either KC or Pitt to lose 1 game or Den to lose 2.  Den and Pitt play so either Den wins and we are sitting pretty or we need den to lose 1 of last 2.  3 weeks is a still a long way to go.

this actually does make me feel better lmao. I was pretty bummed that even if we won out we would have a lot of trouble getting in. I'm still skeptical about winning out... Wish we didn't have NE in two weeks.

this actually does make me feel better lmao. I was pretty bummed that even if we won out we would have a lot of trouble getting in. I'm still skeptical about winning out... Wish we didn't have NE in two weeks.

Right now we should expect to need to win all three games to have a shot. It looks like 10-6 doesn't get us there. Honestly if we are still marking this game as a definitive L then there's no reason to even think about the playoffs where we will play a tough team every week. If we can't do it in week 16 then no reason to think we'll do it in the wildcard round.

If the Jets win out my guess is that they get in.   And think about it this way, if the Jets win out they will be one of the hottest teams in the NFL heading into the playoffs.  

Pittsburgh has to beat Denver. 

Kansas City has to beat Oakland.

They both have to play Baltimore and Cleveland. I think Pettine is coaching for his job. I expect him to win one of his last 3 games, and KC is the easiest of their 3 matchups.

All we can do is hope that the Jets win out, and let the rest take care of itself.

If we win out and don't make it then it would just be our Jet bad luck that KC wins 10 in a row and the Steelers win 5 straight or 7 out of 8.   

I really think the Chiefs or Steelers will blow a game.  It's going to be on us to make it.

Have I told you that you're my favorite poster on the site not named Crusher?  It's true.  You are.  

That said, its playoffs or bust for me!  

But I will still love you either way.

If we win out and don't make it then it would just be our Jet bad luck that KC wins 10 in a row and the Steelers win 5 straight or 7 out of 8.   

I really think the Chiefs or Steelers will blow a game.  It's going to be on us to make it.

This is why I love you.  So optimistic.  It's sexy.

Just handle our business and don't give a sh*t about what anybody else does.  We win out and we are in.

I feel ya man. That is really all I'm concerned with. Football always sorts its way out. I will still be scoreboard watching nonetheless.

Yeah, if all 3 win out.  Not all 3 will win out...  we need to make sure that we are one of the two that do.

You're right, you never know but none of them have a game as tough of the Jets on their schedule.  And Buffalo wont be a cake walk either. 

I love how everyone just assumes Pitt and KC cant lose to the Ravens or Browns. This is the NFL, where one week upsets are the norm. Who knows what can happen, Jets need to concentrate on winning. Odder things have happened then the Ravens beating the Steelers.

maybe with the slightest chance BAL... But not the Browns. Both are terrible teams and PIT is hot as it gets. There is an obvious reason the majority feels like that.

maybe with the slightest chance BAL... But not the Browns. Both are terrible teams and PIT is hot as it gets. There is an obvious reason the majority feels like that.

The Browns have beaten Pitt not so long ago. Plus you got Johnny Football under center, anything can happen, lol

Archived