Jets Pats Game NOT flexed

kevinc855

Good! If they flex it, it means us UK fans don't get to see the game unless we stay up for a 1.30 AM kick off ... I've done that in my younger years, but not any more.

LOL...was about to say the same thing.  I'll be in the UK watching from London and would have been pissed if it got flexed.

Week 16 is the last weekend to flex games.

There is no Sunday night game week 17.

You have no clue about what you are talking about.  There is a Sunday Night game in week 17.  Unlike the usual 12 day rule, week 17 requires only a 6 day period to flex games.

Who is scheduled to play the Sunday night game week 17?

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedulesNFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Considering all the cheating the Pats have gotten away with in the past, if the next game is NOT fixed, it could be a welcome change.

These statements absolutely suck. We are having a great season and are playoff bound if we continue to win and instead we pull this crappy dialogue. It is pathetic and embarrassing STFU already. They are the champions and we need to beat them. Its the same rhetoric I heard from Red Sox fans until 2004 now they say nothing. It makes us sound like losers. ENOUGH!

I'm definitely happy about the game time staying where it is. We drive down from Albany and I couldn't imagine trying to leave at midnight to drive home. As far as the game, as long as we take care of our business this is a huge game for both teams. Obviously we need this game to keep our playoffs hope alive, but the Pats are playing for seeding and home field. Although we are having a bounce back season, I would like a win versus one of the more dominant teams, especially the Patsies.

Archived