Jace Amaro < Jarvis Landry

Jetster

We took the doofy TE instead of Landry who is a stud. Landry would have changed our special teams. I know, get over it but it's so annoying that we had so many draftniks in here hoping the Jets would take him. Not getting a receiver in 2014 forced Macs hand in 2015 reaching for the Devin "Charmin" Smith. We should just trade our 2nd round picks for 2 threes every year.

We took the doofy TE instead of Landry who is a stud. Landry would have changed our special teams. I know, get over it but it's so annoying that we had so many draftniks in here hoping the Jets would take him. Not getting a receiver in 2014 forced Macs hand in 2015 reaching for the Devin "Charmin" Smith. We should just trade our 2nd round picks for 2 threes every year.

GET OVER IT

You can cherry pick any draft to Hell and say the GM stinks.

In 2011 ravens took jimmy smith (CB) when richard sherman was still on the board, not to mention justin houston, randall cobb, and julius thomas. Ozzie Newsome sucks!

We could be so much better if all these draft picks were paying dividends Gholston,Coples,Hill,Ellis,Saunders,Wilson etc............we should have a dream team. 

Nothing to get over IM ECSTATIC ABOUT BEING 8-5.

You are also describing an infallible GM who does not exist. Idzik sucks but hitting around .500 in the draft is hall of fame worthy.

And we would not have traded for Marshall. 

Marshall >>>> Landry

I liked Landry better than Beckham.

Someone should bump all my posts from before that draft and make me feel shame.

One big thing I miss about JetsInsider going down the Tbowl was we had a huge thread in the draft forum with one guy maintaining like his life depended on it that Cooks was 100 times better than OBJ and that Beckham was not even in cooks league.

Idzik sucked and we all know it. He gave us Ivory which was our best gift. He basically wasted 11 picks to come out with nothing. I am still high on Jace and believe he will thrive in this offense. We had a decent draft this year, but nothing great. Now that Mac has his staff in place I expect to see us more of superior draft team who grows and develops our picks. It remains to be seen, but it is Mac's expertise

I liked Landry better than Beckham.

Someone should bump all my posts from before that draft and make me feel shame.

I believe you. 

I'll bump my own though (since people loving to say "im always wrong" this week do so while bypassing the right ones as they sift through the archives) 

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/113979-jarvis-landry-wr-lsu/?page=1

One big thing I miss about JetsInsider going down the Tbowl was we had a huge thread in the draft forum with one guy maintaining like his life depended on it that Cooks was 100 times better than OBJ and that Beckham was not even in cooks league.

haha - JI did have a good draft forum.  It isnt bad here.  A couple of draftniks that keep it going.   But with all th ex-JI'ers here, I bet it gets a nice lift this offseason.

I was pretty adamant about Landry > Beckham.  Not that I thought Beckham would be bad but I viewed him as more of a versatile, kick returner, big play, slot guy and Landry the consistent force on the outside.  It's literally the complete opposite.  Landry returns kicks, Beckham doesnt.  Beckham is the best WR in Football, Landry is a nice dink and dunk option (though I think if he had a QB who could drive the ball down field he'd be much better).

Very silly!!!  You do realize Amaro hasn't played this year???  Do you even know what he would've

done in this offense???  On top of that, after one of those moronic personal fouls committed by Landry

and this board would blow up.  Yes he's producing "stats", but he's very immature and there's no

way I want him instead of Marshall.  And as far as Collins is concerned, people do realize he can't

shine Pryor's shoes.  Pryor has grown up and is performing like an impact first round safety should.

Open your eyes and watch him

Amaro was pretty good last year (for a rookie) and got hurt this year. If we drafted Landry last year, we may not trade for Marshall this year. I think the team turned out ok. 

Probably more of a topic for the off-season, but I have to wonder where, if any place, will Amaro fit into this offense?  

Gailey just doesn't use the TE as a receiver.   Seems like they are trying to force feed Enunwa as the H-back.  Amaro isn't much of a blocking TE.

Probably more of a topic for the off-season, but I have to wonder where, if any place, will Amaro fit into this offense?  

Gailey just doesn't use the TE as a receiver.   Seems like they are trying to force feed Enunwa as the H-back.  Amaro isn't much of a blocking TE.

I believe Amaro would've taken the role Enunwa is playing.  He would've moved around and played

in the slot and assisted the OT's in run blocking.  There's no way we would've relied on his blocking ability

in 1 on 1 situations

I believe Amaro would've taken the role Enunwa is playing.  He would've moved around and played

in the slot and assisted the OT's in run blocking.  There's no way we would've relied on his blocking ability

in 1 on 1 situations

i think amaro is a much better fit in this offense than smith.  i would shake on just one of them panning out at this point.

All I know is Jace is a matchup problem and like the other poster said, he would of been used where we see Enunwa. Blocking obviously is not his strong suit, but the kid does have speed and would create space in this offense. I am definitely high on him going into next year. It will be a make or break season for him and I believe he will be an asset in Chan's offense.

Amaro had fallen behind Enuwa in camp because he's not a strong blocker. He's not really a fit here right now.

I didn't want to get into this right now, but your right.  He was listed as the number 3 TE.     At the time Bowles was running 2 practice fields, one with the guys who were expected to make the team, and one with the bubble players, Amaro was playing on the field with the bubble players.

i honestly don't know what that all means in the long term, but at the time it seemed like something was going on between Amaro and The CS

I didn't want to get into this right now, but your right.  He was listed as the number 3 TE.     At the time Bowles was running 2 practice fields, one with the guys who were expected to make the team, and one with the bubble players, Amaro was playing on the field with the bubble players.

i honestly don't know what that all means in the long term, but at the time it seemed like something was going on between Amaro and The CS

He's not even hurt. 

I'd be surprised if he's on the team next season.

I remember them saying that we run more 4 wide receiver sets than any other team in the NFL. Is that just the way Gailey's system is and the TE is useless or is it that we have no TE's and adjusted and uses a 4th WR?

Most 4 WR's set in the league and the worst distribution to WR's in the league.  haha.  Marsh and Deck account for like 75% of the receptions on the team, if you exclude the RB's.  If you continue to exclude them, what cracks me up, is Kerley is 3rd on the team in receptions with 16 and TD's w/ 2 and he literally, never plays.  

I recall that argument. I liked all of them sent receivers, OBJ, Landry, Cooks.....not that much love for Jalen Saunders though.  

I remember that but I think it was more about Cooks vs. Marquise Lee than OBJ if I recall.

agreed.  Tyler Eifert sucked donkey balls his first two years in the league and he had a breakout year in season 3.

he was hurt his 2nd year . And I knew Eifert was gonna be awesome he has incredible balance for man his size and runs well and has mitts for hands .

but being a ND fan I could be just bias 

I might be misremembering, but didn't he run Scott Chandler up the seam a lot when he was in Buffalo? I think it's just that Cumby sucks.

I remember them saying that we run more 4 wide receiver sets than any other team in the NFL. Is that just the way Gailey's system is and the TE is useless or is it that we have no TE's and adjusted and uses a 4th WR?

I could be wrong but I think Chan like's his in line receivers to be strong blockers...

Archived