Jace Amaro < Jarvis Landry

Jetster

Idzik sucked and we all know it. He gave us Ivory which was our best gift. He basically wasted 11 picks to come out with nothing. I am still high on Jace and believe he will thrive in this offense. We had a decent draft this year, but nothing great. Now that Mac has his staff in place I expect to see us more of superior draft team who grows and develops our picks. It remains to be seen, but it is Mac's expertise

Well...

I know its popular to knock Idzik.  But there was some success.

Getting a 1st round pick for Revis

Drafting The DROY in Sheldon Richardson

Drafting Calvin Pryor who's developing into a top safety

and then all of these roster additions that are still contributing:

Chris Ivory

Rontez Miles

Leger Douzable

Brian Winters

Breno Giacomini

Tommy Bohannon

Eric Decker

Quincy Enunwa

Marcus Williams

Calvin Pryor

Dakota Dozier

Dexter McDougle

Trevor Reilly

And lest we forget, he took the Jets from one of the most cash-strapped teams to one of the most cap-wealthy which allowed Macc to spend freely on Revis,Skrine, Cro, Marshall, Carpenter, etc.

So yeah Idzick wasn't great.  But he cut a ton of dead weight and mediocre players and left the team in great shape while adding some good-to-excellent players.  He ranks above Tannenbaum, though both were Rex Ryan casualties.

Amaro has a torn labrum. To put that in perspective Chad Pennington played almost a full season with a torn labrum. So did Sanchez. A TE did not need to be IR'd for that. I've said it before I'll say it again, Idziks draft was so bad we'd have been better off trading every pick to move up one spot to grab OBJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep telling everyone that my nephew worked for the Jets as an intern the last camp in Cortland. Amaro is not a hard worker, does not have an athletic body (very soft) and hasn't improved his strength since he came into the NFL. 

Believe what you want but Bowles & Gailey were pushing this lazy guys buttons in camp & he was literally practicing with the 3rd team. You guys are dreaming if your thinking Amaro will be anything close to Tyler Eifert. I'm a Jet fan so if he completely turns things around next year, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not holding my breath based on what I know but sometimes guys can change, especially when they start seeing the NFL fading away for them. 

I remember that but I think it was more about Cooks vs. Marquise Lee than OBJ if I recall.

OBJ was the one guy I wanted us to pick out of all the WR's. I remember being so pissed when the Giants took him I watched all of his games in College. Then we passed on Cooks, again pissed. I am feeling better about Pryor however. Then we pass on Landry and the Fins take him pissed again.  I never liked Amaro always seemed lazy and out of shape to me. If we picked Landry I don't think it would of prevented us from trading for Marshall.

I keep telling everyone that my nephew worked for the Jets as an intern the last camp in Cortland. Amaro is not a hard worker, does not have an athletic body (very soft) and hasn't improved his strength since he came into the NFL. 

Believe what you want but Bowles & Gailey were pushing this lazy guys buttons in camp & he was literally practicing with the 3rd team. You guys are dreaming if your thinking Amaro will be anything close to Tyler Eifert. I'm a Jet fan so if he completely turns things around next year, I'd be ecstatic. I'm not holding my breath based on what I know but sometimes guys can change, especially when they start seeing the NFL fading away for them. 

This was my impression as well. This was basically a redshirt get your act together IR'ing for Amaro this year. If he comes back with the same attitude he'll be cut. 

Amaro had fallen behind Enuwa in camp because he's not a strong blocker. He's not really a fit here right now.

This is incorrect. When they first announced the depth charts, people were making noise that Amaro was not listed as the number 1 TE, then Gailey (I believe) said that Amaro would mostly play H back. 

I liked Landry better than Beckham.

Someone should bump all my posts from before that draft and make me feel shame.

Completely different QB's throwing to their respective WR.  Manning is not afraid to turn the ball over, and give ODB the opportunity to make spectacular plays.  Swap the team that drafted them, and you could very well have been right.  

That said, I wanted Allen Robinson in the first.  

Most 4 WR's set in the league and the worst distribution to WR's in the league.  haha.  Marsh and Deck account for like 75% of the receptions on the team, if you exclude the RB's.  If you continue to exclude them, what cracks me up, is Kerley is 3rd on the team in receptions with 16 and TD's w/ 2 and he literally, never plays.  

Never understood the value of a statistic when you exclude those data sets that disagree with your point.

"There are three kinds of lieslies, damned lies, and statistics."

-Mark Twain paraphrasing Benjamin Disraeli

You can cherry pick any draft to Hell and say the GM stinks.

In 2011 ravens took jimmy smith (CB) when richard sherman was still on the board, not to mention justin houston, randall cobb, and julius thomas. Ozzie Newsome sucks!

Smith was a 1st rd pick Sherman didn't go till rd 5..

he was hurt his 2nd year . And I knew Eifert was gonna be awesome he has incredible balance for man his size and runs well and has mitts for hands .

but being a ND fan I could be just bias 

Eifert was garbage his rookie year when he was healthy.  Amaro and Eifert are the same skill set

Hard to swallow all these draft day busts especially #1s these players should be contributing to the success of this team not out of football or struggling on another team. 

Nothing to get over.

Other than the goofy idea that Amaro is a bust, you still don't have a point.

Gholston,Coples,Hill,Ellis,Saunders,Wilson etc were........

The stupid part isn't to blame one FO for bad drafts over years and to think that we're the only team who's made mistakes in the draft.  Or that its an easy, exact science.

Archived