Fitz wins AFC offensive player of the week

Jet in PA

Fitz also has another NFL record.

For QB's who have started 100 NFL games, Fitz has the worst winning percentage in NFL history.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html

Until the end of this year.  His win percentage keeps getting better.  That's a great stat.  Your own link only includes current players.  NFL history generally includes more than current players - meaning Jon Kitna and Jeff Blake are included.  NFL history also goes back past 1991. That link doesn't include them or guys like Archie Manning and a whole host of others with significantly worse winning percentages than Fitzpatrick.  Why would you include a link that disproves your theory?  Just busting balls I assume.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you realise that Cam has had a weaker schedule than Fitz this year? 

Are his stats meaningless too??

But here's the difference. 

The Panthers are 13-0

The Jets are 8-5

The Panthers beat the Texans

The Jets lost to the Texans

The Panthers beat Philly

The Jets lost to Philly

The Panthers beat every .500 or better team they played.

The Jets have lost to every .500 or better team they played.

That "weaker schedule" point is utter nonsense. The Panthers beat the teams they were supposed to beat as well as beat teams (Green Bay) people thought they shouldnt have beaten. The Jets have lost to every good team they played (Patriots) and even lost to teams that they are considered better than (Philly, Houston, Oakland, Buffalo). 

Thats the difference here, not the schedule. And even if the Panthers played a weaker schedule, their 13-0 record shows that they took full advantage of it. The Jets have played the weakest schedule I've ever seen a Jets team have and all they have to show for it is an 8-5 record, Fitz fans going wild the moment he got his 7th win, yet we could still miss the playoffs even if we win out. 

That is what you call a very unimpressive 8-5 record with the most talented team we've seen since the 98 season and the easiest schedule I've seen in my 20 years of rooting for this team. The Jets should be 12-1 if thats the case, but instead you're talking about how Carolina had an easier schedule. Maybe the Jets should have handled their business like the Panthers did theirs because even if your statement was true, our schedule wasnt better by much all, and thats only because we play the Pats twice. 

Outside of playing the Pats and our division, the schedules are virtually identical. 

Both teams played the Jags, Houston, Philly, Indy, Tennesse, Washington and Dallas. Thats 7 teams bro. The schedule is identical. Furthermore, the only difference here is outside of playing their respective divisions the Panthers had to play Seattle and Green Bay while the Jets got to play Cleveland and Oakland. So even in that regard the Panthers had to play 2 better teams, and mind you....we lost to Oakland. 

But here's the difference. 

The Panthers are 13-0

The Jets are 8-5

The Panthers beat the Texans

The Jets lost to the Texans

The Panthers beat Philly

The Jets lost to Philly

The Panthers beat every .500 or better team they played.

The Jets have lost to every .500 or better team they played.

That "weaker schedule" point is utter nonsense. The Panthers beat the teams they were supposed to beat as well as beat teams (Green Bay) people thought they shouldnt have beaten. The Jets have lost to every good team they played (Patriots) and even lost to teams that they are considered better than (Philly, Houston, Oakland, Buffalo). 

Thats the difference here, not the schedule. And even if the Panthers played a weaker schedule, their 13-0 record shows that they took full advantage of it. The Jets have played the weakest schedule I've ever seen a Jets team have and all they have to show for it is an 8-5 record, Fitz fans going wild the moment he got his 7th win, yet we could still miss the playoffs even if we win out. 

That is what you call a very unimpressive 8-5 record with the most talented team we've seen since the 98 season and the easiest schedule I've seen in my 20 years of rooting for this team. The Jets should be 12-1 if thats the case, but instead you're talking about how Carolina had an easier schedule. Maybe the Jets should have handled their schedule like the Panthers did theirs because even if your statement was true, our schedule wasnt better by much all, and thats only because we play the Pats twice. 

Outside of playing the Pats, the schedules are virtually identical. 

VTF you need not respond to that moron, i swear the jets fanbase is not as sharp as it used to be.

smh mon, dude is now comparing cam to fitzy...only in jets land

You're the one who said Fitz's play didn't count because he was playing a cupcake schedule. I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of that by showing that Cam (and Brady) both have very similar schedules to Fitz.

I get that you (and Villain) think Fitz is garbage. Just don't use "weak schedule" to knock any good games he has, as you can do that with pretty much most players if you look hard enough.

You're the one who said Fitz's play didn't count because he was playing a cupcake schedule. I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of that by showing that Cam (and Brady) both have very similar schedules to Fitz.

I get that you (and Villain) think Fitz is garbage. Just don't use "weak schedule" to knock any good games he has, as you can do that with pretty much most players if you look hard enough.

did fitz have a good game last nite, or maybe the fact is dal is utter garbage helped the cause. 

Well, that settled it. 

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady or Cam Newton. But he has had a great year at QB for the Jets and should be appreciated. Jets fans have been praying for this type of performance for YEARS. ANd instead of appreciating it, you guys are trying to poke holes in it to satisfy your ego.

Some guys just want to be right no matter what. So they try to poke holes. He is having one of the best seasons a Jets QB has ever had. Doesnt say much about Jets QBs but it is what it is.

Fitz is 32 give him 15M per yr for 4 yrs, if brady can play to 40, fitz can play to 36-37. Just sign him and stop whining

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady or Cam Newton. But he has had a great year at QB for the Jets and should be appreciated. Jets fans have been praying for this type of performance for YEARS. ANd instead of appreciating it, you guys are trying to poke holes in it to satisfy your ego.

Im not saying that his work isnt appreciated, its just that you want me to appreciated it way you do. Thats not going to happen. I think that this debate has been going on for so long that I've been taking a position not originally intended because I continuously hear what I should be doing or how I should appreciate. 

I think that the way I see this season is relevant...to me atleast. That in no way takes away what he's done this year, especially starting off as our back up. I would have at least liked that we controled our own destiny given how easy our schedule was, but saying that doesnt take away the fact that he's had his best season ever, statistically one of the best seasons as a Jets QB, and if he was resigned again it would be the correct choice because of his accomplishment. But im sorry if you feel like I should appreciate it the way you appreciate it. I cant control that. 

Archived