Goodbye Sweet baby

Lil Bit Special

I am so incredibly sorry to hear this.  I don't know you other than on this forum but please accept my deepest condolences.  I recently had a death in the family as well so I have some idea of your pain.  I wish you the best and will put you in my thoughts.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Every little bit helps comfort my wife & i.  Every day is empty, but we're  doing the best we can.

If anyone is interested,  I will post the link to her obituary.  Also, we ask that if anyone is interested,  there is information in the link on how to make a donation to the Waltham YMCA Preschool program here in Massachusetts.  She spent 3 days a week there and loved her home away from home. There are many needy kids in our town who could use some help getting the daycare they need and I hope to set up a memorial fund in Melinda's honor.

http://joycefuneralhome.tributes.com/obituary/show/Melinda-Wichern-103113673

Thank you all. Every little but of love and kind words help me get through the day.

Jason

I'm not afraid to admit that I am a mess after reading that and going through those adorable pictures, no one can possibly imagine what you and yours are going through.

Best wishes to you in this very difficult chapter in your lives. 

Thank you everyone for the kind words and sympathy.  Writing about my little girl is going to be a part of my therapy.  The wake and funeral are now behind us and now we begin the process of coming to terms with it and trying to find meaning and purpose in our lives.

I could write paragraphs about what a smile she had, what a personality she had, how she never seemed angry or sad.  How she brought happiness and smiles to everyone who knew her.  How she loved everyone, never afraid to meet new people, always offering a smile to them.  But all that writing couldnt accurately describe the impact one child had in a short 19 months of life.  She was everything I could have ever hoped for in a daughter, and she did more for me in 19 months than I could have ever imagined.  I wish I had more time.  I wish I could share in life's milestones with her.  But sadly that will never happen.  And thats ok.

Never be afraid to love.  Never be afraid to cry.  I Love You Baby Girl.  

5611236_150x150_1.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Every little bit helps comfort my wife & i.  Every day is empty, but we're  doing the best we can.

If anyone is interested,  I will post the link to her obituary.  Also, we ask that if anyone is interested,  there is information in the link on how to make a donation to the Waltham YMCA Preschool program here in Massachusetts.  She spent 3 days a week there and loved her home away from home. There are many needy kids in our town who could use some help getting the daycare they need and I hope to set up a memorial fund in Melinda's honor.

http://joycefuneralhome.tributes.com/obituary/show/Melinda-Wichern-103113673

Thank you all. Every little but of love and kind words help me get through the day.

Jason

I couldn't even finish reading the obituary.

I can't imagine the pain you and your wife are experiencing.

My deepest condolences on your loss.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and sympathy.  Writing about my little girl is going to be a part of my therapy.  The wake and funeral are now behind us and now we begin the process of coming to terms with it and trying to find meaning and purpose in our lives.

I could write paragraphs about what a smile she had, what a personality she had, how she never seemed angry or sad.  How she brought happiness and smiles to everyone who knew her.  How she loved everyone, never afraid to meet new people, always offering a smile to them.  But all that writing couldnt accurately describe the impact one child had in a short 19 months of life.  She was everything I could have ever hoped for in a daughter, and she did more for me in 19 months than I could have ever imagined.  I wish I had more time.  I wish I could share in life's milestones with her.  But sadly that will never happen.  And thats ok.

Never be afraid to love.  Never be afraid to cry.  I Love You Baby Girl.  

5611236_150x150_1.jpeg

It's not fair that you and your wife had to go through this. It's not fair to any parent to ever have to go through it. And it's only ok because of your strength and the strength and support of your loved ones. But mostly, it's ok because you were fortunate to experience the type of life-making, unbridled happiness which you described in that paragraph.

Condolences, strength, and everlasting good thoughts to you, your wife, and your forever baby girl. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not afraid to admit that I am a mess after reading that and going through those adorable pictures, no one can possibly imagine what you and yours are going through.

Best wishes to you in this very difficult chapter in your lives. 

I admit it also. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and I can't imagine the pain.

mu thoughts are with you and your family. 

Yesterday my 19 month old daughter Melinda  passed away.  I am broken. Please give your kids a hug and a kiss and tell them you love them.

Jason Wichern

My wife Denise and I wish to send you and your family the deepest condolences on this sad occasion.  May Melinda rest in peace.  God bless.

David

Archived