Miliner injured again

prime21

I'm a high school football official and that was not a horse collar. His hand was well below the shoulder pads when he pulled him down by his jersey. That was a bad call and not the only one of the night. The first thing you are taught as an official is if you are not 100% sure then don't throw the flag. I think he saw the player go down similar to a horse collar tackle but wasn't in position to see where the tacklers hand actually was. He should not have thrown the flag and that's why the officials had a conference after the play. I'm surprised they didn't pick up the flag.

Not to mention Dez begging for the flag. I would love them to add a rule that says begging for a flag is un-sportsman like conduct.  I am tired of these whinny guys.  I remember once, Brady was doing the flag gesture while he was being sacked.

Miliner hurt his hammy.  Seriously at this point I am just feeling bad for the person and not so much the player.  It must be an amazing feeling being drafted into any sport but because you are getting injured over and over it must really take a toll on your psyche. For us he's a bust and waste of a pick but in the overall scheme of things such a sad story for a skilled young man.    He's buried on our depth chart and will probably be cut one day. Maybe we will see him on someone's roster one day and just maybe he can get in a full season and live out his dream of playing football. 

Don't feel to bad, his contract guaranteed him $12,661,000.  That should last him a few weeks

Drafting Milliner cost the Hets Tyler Eifert, who is also injury prone but far more talented. I was banging the table for him!

That said, I don't think he's gone. I think he plays out his contract because the Jets need depth. He was active last night and McDougle was not. Cro is getting cut, Revis is not getting younger, Walls is a free agent m, and Skrine is an overrated slot corner. The Jets need Milliner for at least depth. He's still relatively cheap. Not as cheap as Marcus Williams, but not cost prohibitive either. 

Yeah, but you can't get Milliner on the damn football field. Guy is made of glass. Sayanara dude. He had a history of shoulder problems in college and should have been a red flag for Idzik, a personnel guy who had no business being a personnel guy.

Archived