Best chance

Section 333

KC can absolutely lose to the Raiders, but Im open to all options.

Oakland will beat KC. They are due for a loss. OAK/KC rivalry goes back to the old days of the AFL. They are like the Hatfield's and McCoy's, absolutely despise each other. Lot of bad, old blood there. Oakland would love nothing more than to ruin KC's playoff chances.   Also Pitt vs. Ravens is always a black and blue type game regardless of the circumstances.   Not sure how an upset there affects things.   

All irrelevant.  Jets must beat N.E. or it's ALL irrelevant.

Not so fast. You are assuming the Chiefs and Steelers win out. I assume the Steelers will win out, but the Chiefs are no lock to win either of their last 2 games. Browns are bad, but it wouldn't be shocking to see them win and the Raiders are decent. I wouldn't bet my house on it on the Jets getting in at 10-6, but there is probably a 10 pct chance 10 wins gets them in. 

Oakland will beat KC. They are due for a loss. OAK/KC rivalry goes back to the old days of the AFL. They are like the Hatfield's and McCoy's, absolutely despise each other. Lot of bad, old blood there. Oakland would love nothing more than to ruin KC's playoff chances.   Also Pitt vs. Ravens is always a black and blue type game regardless of the circumstances.   Not sure how an upset there affects things.   

Oakland can win in KC if they feel like it.  Or lose by 24 if bags are packed.  The Ravens cannot beat Pittsburgh with that diarrhea defense. Rivalry or not.

What makes you think 3 other good teams will falter, but the Jets will win out?

Honest question since I have no idea who you are, is this a gimmick you use because you are a homer or are you an actual Pats fan who just trolls because life is giving you sour grapes?

All irrelevant.  Jets must beat N.E. or it's ALL irrelevant.

Actually not totally true....if we match Denver's record, we go and they're out. So the Jets could lose to the Patsies, beat Buffalo and Denver would need to lose out.

Long shot, but if the Jets in any way match Denver's record, we would have a better conference record so we hold the tiebreaker over them.

so what would you like us to chat about?  Your favorite color?

This is exactly the topic we should be talking about.   I for one are thrilled the Jets are in a position that we can talk about the what needs to happens. 

exactly, I don't get the folks who say just win and dont worry about scenarios. We're fans, that's what we're supposed to do. It's not like it takes away from our game prep. Because.... We're fans. 

At this point, the  JETS have improved and it was a fun season.   Let's win the next 2.  

Whatever happens from there is not in our control. 

I agree,

Of course I would be disappointed if we did not make the playoffs. But i can live with the consolation gift of a  11-5 season closing out with a W's over the Cheaters and Rex. 

it was fun watching the games at Dillworth's with you guys this year. 

I'm not really worried about that because we have the hardest schedule between Denver/KC/Pitt simply because we face the Pats. If we win out, our chances of making the playoffs is probably around 80-90 pct because there is a very small chance the other 3 teams win out. Odds are 1 will stumble along the way. 

If we lose to he Pats, I am cool missing out on the playoffs. We didn't take care of business. But to win out and go 11-5 and NOT make the playoffs will hurt. 

couldn't agree more

Not so fast. You are assuming the Chiefs and Steelers win out. I assume the Steelers will win out, but the Chiefs are no lock to win either of their last 2 games. Browns are bad, but it wouldn't be shocking to see them win and the Raiders are decent. I wouldn't bet my house on it on the Jets getting in at 10-6, but there is probably a 10 pct chance 10 wins gets them in. 

I'm not assuming anything about anyone.

The Jets must defeat New England, then they must defeat Buffalo.  Period.

The rest will work itself out how it will.

Archived