Does Belichick rest some banged up players?

Jetster

The Pats are currently 12-2 and will have the #1 seed in the AFC, but you think they are a shell of their former self?

You get dumber by the day.

Dude you thought it was already locked up, i'm glad you will get 1st seed and go one and done vs Pitt...popcorn ready

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously are you a 10 yr old? NE is a shell of their former self , the OL is putrid, injuries to little smurfs. Be sure to dont forget your santa list, time is of the essence little boy

dead @ am I 10. What sense are you really trying to make?

"NE is a shell of their former self" at 12-2 division locked up before xmas, first round bye being a great possibility, with all their important players returning for the playoffs except D.Lewis, but they are a shell of themselves...ha ha

The NE mentality will depend on how things go early, if we can jack brady up early in the game they might decide to pull him quicker than normal.    If guys are hurt but could they they probably won't for NE.  They already have lots of injuries but it simply doesn't matter for that team, system and Qb covers up for all of their weaknesses.

Dude you thought it was already locked up, i'm glad you will get 1st seed and go one and done vs Pitt...popcorn ready

Just so this stings you(just you) even more.

The pats aren't winning a superbowl this year..guess what, who cares. they won it last year.

what is your come back gonna be..."ahh ahh you didn't win superbowl THIS YEAR"?

Ouch! Stop you really stuck it to pats fans, they aren't going to win a superbowl this year after coming off of a superbowl win last jan...ouch!

The NE mentality will depend on how things go early, if we can jack brady up early in the game they might decide to pull him quicker than normal.    If guys are hurt but could they they probably won't for NE.  They already have lots of injuries but it simply doesn't matter for that team, system and Qb covers up for all of their weaknesses.

given the state of pats OL, brady will be in fetal position most of game. jets should be able to dominate their putrid OL and get some licks in

dead @ am I 10. What sense are you really trying to make?

"NE is a shell of their former self" at 12-2 division locked up before xmas, first round bye being a great possibility, with all their important players returning for the playoffs except D.Lewis, but they are a shell of themselves...ha ha

ummm Blount is out for yr, Solder is out for yr, Jules will be at 70% best case, little danny amen is beat up, Hightower is beat up, chung is beat up.....mcourty has a high ankle sprain....ya all is well is Cheat-hole

Idiocy is a dominant trait in Mass-hole

given the state of pats OL, brady will be in fetal position most of game. jets should be able to dominate their putrid OL and get some licks in

Same thing was said last game, the NFL allows holding on 99 out of 100 plays and thus this ill not be a factor.  Especially from interior rush.  The Jets have no pass rushing olbs of note and those are the guys you get holding calls for, the obvious outside rush.  You just tell your olineman to hold and maul on every play and you will get called once a game, well worth it.

This guy ghost and the texas moron and the best two examples of Pats* fans. Man, they are dumb as fk. 

They try to play it off as if Pats fans don't give a fk about the inferior Jets and their fans, but then they spend their entire lives here on the Jets site verifying the complete opposite. Its hilarious to watch them do this. 

fixed. You are not the intelligent one to debate anything football with,  wrong jet fan to debate with. No more attention for you fool. like I said.

your only come back will be..."ahh the pats won't win a supebowl THIS YEAR"

ouch! you got us now!..

Ya Im an idiot on football ,hitting game picks at 73% vs spread.  I have only met 1 intelligent pat fan in my lifetime and the cheating scandals killed his love for the team.

Same thing was said last game, the NFL allows holding on 99 out of 100 plays and thus this ill not be a factor.  Especially from interior rush.  The Jets have no pass rushing olbs of note and those are the guys you get holding calls for, the obvious outside rush.  You just tell your olineman to hold and maul on every play and you will get called once a game, well worth it.

Yes refs will allow them to hold, why it is even more important to hit Brady late and take a few penalties.

mumbles does not fear jets in playoffs, he fears steelers. So if he decides to tank to avoid pitt in 2nd rd do not put it past him. 

You certainly are entitled to think that the Steelers would beat the Patriots in the playoffs.  But it is ridiculous to say that BB fears a team that: (i) holds a 2-8 lifetime record against him and Brady together (including 0-2 in the playoffs and 0-4 at Gillette); (ii) the Patriots already beat earlier this season; and (iii) are coached by a guy that I don't think Belichick respects much at all. 

I can guarantee you that he would much rather face the Steelers than the Chiefs, who have a good defense, beat the Bill Johnson goose stuffing out of them the last time they played, and are coached by someone he actually respects. 

You certainly are entitled to think that the Steelers would beat the Patriots in the playoffs.  But it is ridiculous to say that BB fears a team that: (i) holds a 2-8 lifetime record against him and Brady (plus 0-2 in the playoffs and 0-4 at Gillette); (ii) the Patriots already beat earlier this season; and (iii) coached by a guy that I don't think Belichick respects much at all. 

I can guarantee you that he would much rather face the Steelers than the Chiefs, who have a good defense, beat the Bill Johnson goose stuffing out of them the last time they played, and are coached by someone he actually respects. 

You cant be serious, chefs have a popgun offense and their best defensive player is out with a bad knee. Seriously NE fans have a football IQ like a bag of rocks.

You certainly are entitled to think that the Steelers would beat the Patriots in the playoffs.  But it is ridiculous to say that BB fears a team that: (i) holds a 2-8 lifetime record against him and Brady together (including 0-2 in the playoffs and 0-4 at Gillette); (ii) the Patriots already beat earlier this season; and (iii) are coached by a guy that I don't think Belichick respects much at all. 

I agree with what you are saying but this is a different Steeler team, this one would be the most dangerous NE has faced in postseason.  NE doesn't and shouldn't "fear" anyone but I think they should want to avoid Pitt if possible.

No. I think they will sit players to rest them and because they really don't consider us important enough to worry about.  They will not sit players to get a preferable match up.  They will sit them because it does not really matter to them.

I hope BB is reading this and takes heed :D

Kerley played 5 offensive snaps.  Is he some kind of secret weapon?  Kenbrell Thompkins and Enunwa played around 50 each.  I assume Mumbles has a pretty big file on Thompkins.

Good guy, hard worker, slower than Christmas, can't catch with his hands.  How big a file does he need?  :D

I agree with what you are saying but this is a different Steeler team, this one would be the most dangerous NE has faced in postseason.  NE doesn't and shouldn't "fear" anyone but I think they should want to avoid Pitt if possible.

offensive wise, this is the most dangerous Steeler team, but in the playoffs it's gonna come down to defense. NE has faced better Pitts teams, especially on the defensive side of the ball and Pitts would be playing in NE, with the possibility of it being bad weather wise outside. Ben will not have the freedom to air it out as he likes (i'm only guessing), but if so. as I said before, NEs front seven is pretty solid. I believe pitts will be tough to face, but it's still a Mike Tomlin team.

offensive wise, this is the most dangerous Steeler team, but in the playoffs it's gonna come down to defense. NE has faced better Pitts teams, especially on the defensive side of the ball and Pitts is playing in NE, with the possibility of it being bad weather wise outside. Ben will not have the freedom to air out as he likes (i'm only guessing), but if so. as I said before, NE front seven is pretty solid. I believe will pitts will be tough to face, but it's still a Mike Tomlin team.

ya cold weather dont forget to deflate them balls mon

I hope he is dumb enough to play all his regulars. They are really banged up and I would love a chance to knock a few of their players out for the playoffs. If he wants to end our season so badly, I wouldn't mind having a hand in doing the same to him. 

Please through a few passes over the middle to Gronk so he can meat the Louisville Slugger. 

offensive wise, this is the most dangerous Steeler team, but in the playoffs it's gonna come down to defense. NE has faced better Pitts teams, especially on the defensive side of the ball and Pitts would be playing in NE, with the possibility of it being bad weather wise outside. Ben will not have the freedom to air it out as he likes (i'm only guessing), but if so. as I said before, NEs front seven is pretty solid. I believe pitts will be tough to face, but it's still a Mike Tomlin team.

their D isn't like the old steeler Ds but they can outscore anyone and NE's D is mediocre. 

I'm w/ you on Tomlin.

Last I heard Edelman is unlikely to play.  Short of Brady, he's the most important piece on that team.  I know Gronk is far and away the best TE, but for the O they run, Edelman is key.  So no matter what the Vegas line says, w/Edelman out, I like our chances even if they don't rest other banged up players.  

Think we did a decent job on Gronk last time until Coples decided to blitz and left him wide open on the last TD.  With Edelman out, can easily double Gronk now.  Plus Pryor is healthy again.  Which if I recall correctly was a big deal the first Pat game.  Defense was night n day after Pryor went out hurt that game.

Be cool if they did rest banged up players though.  It'd sure be great playing them w/o their most banged up (the @ss) player Brady.

Kerley played 5 offensive snaps.  Is he some kind of secret weapon?  Kenbrell Thompkins and Enunwa played around 50 each.  I assume Mumbles has a pretty big file on Thompkins.

No, but he's better than Smith. Smith played way too much vs the Pats because Goodell suspended Enunwa (right B4 our contest with New England, shocking). Smith was a NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME player. Thompkins & Kerley are a definite upgrade over a Smith. Plus, Decker played with a bad knee & Enunwa was suspended. 

Yes, huge upgrade going from Smith to Enunwa/Thompkins/Kerley & a 100% Decker & Ivory (who also hurt his himself on the 1st play of the game ) & we didn't have Bilal Powell either.

No, but he's better than Smith. Smith played way too much vs the Pats because Goodell suspended Enunwa (right B4 our contest with New England, shocking). Smith was a NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME player. Thompkins & Kerley are a definite upgrade over a Smith. Plus, Decker played with a bad knee & Enunwa was suspended. 

LOL.  Yep, I'm sure this is exactly how it went down:  

Goodell:  Jets are about to play the Patriots, how do we screw them as much as possible so that our favorite team can maximize their chances of winning?

Pash:  Why don't we just give the Patriots back their 1st round pick in 2016?  After all, we stripped it from the team even though the Wells Report cleared Belichick and everyone in the organization other than Brady and the two equipment guys from wrongdoing.  

Goodell:  No, I'm not talking about trivial stuff like draft picks.  I want to REALLY help the Patriots and REALLY hit the Jets where it hurts.  

Vincent:  Why don't we suspend that guy Shaq Evans?

Goodell:  Who?

Vincent:  Shaq Evans.  I think that's his name.  The Jets 4th receiver.   

Goodell:  Don't you mean Chris Owusu?  

Pash: (Looking at the Jets depth chart).  No, I think it's "Enunwa"

Vincent:  Yep -- that's the guy.  Let's suspend his ass on the eve of the Patriots game.  That will ensure a win for our beloved Patriots!!

[all embrace and kiss as the lights dim . . . and scene].

their D isn't like the old steeler Ds but they can outscore anyone and NE's D is mediocre. 

I'm w/ you on Tomlin.

yea they can score but it gets tougher in the playoffs n some under rate that NE. Front 7. I would bet they cause big ben to throw a pick.

I expect the steelers to get a few big plays off though.

Archived