Marshall, Revis & Wilkerson to Pro Bowl

JetNation

The Pro Bowl team was announced on the NFL Network and the Jets have three starters and two first alternates. WR Brandon Marshall                                                                                                                       On being selected to Pro Bowl 2016… I’m just so honored to make my sixth Pro Bowl. I think this one is the most special one because it’s really a testament to […]

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

who should he replace? fitz has been really good, but he's not been better than the current probowl selections.

Tom Brady, Patriots

Cam Newton, Panthers

Carson Palmer, Cardinals

Aaron Rodgers, Packers

Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

Russell Wilson, Seahawks

Rapelisberger or Brady will probably be playing in the Superbowl, so either one will do IMO. The others are NFC

Edited by rillo

Rapelisberger or Brady will probably be playing in the Superbowl, so either one will do IMO. The others are NFC

he's not an alternate though so if those guys are in the SB he won't be replacing them. 

AFC/NFC doesn't matter anymore.

Edited by nyjunc

His first Pro Bowl and he's worth 100 million?? Well I guess Revis is holding out next year with 6 Pro Bowls and 4 All Pro's to his credit..LOL

Mo got screwed two years ago and should have been in the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest. Outside of JJ Watt he's perhaps the best 3-4 DE in football.

If we don't pay him, some one will. He defo gets Franchise tagged. Who are we going to keep rather then him, Sheldon Richardson? 

He's going to miss 10 games next year for his car stunt. We pay him or get nothing, if we tag him that's going to be around 15 million. So my 100 mill isn't to far away, watch this space.

• Upvote 1

Mo got screwed two years ago and should have been in the Pro Bowl. It's a popularity contest. Outside of JJ Watt he's perhaps the best 3-4 DE in football.

If we don't pay him, some one will. He defo gets Franchise tagged. Who are we going to keep rather then him, Sheldon Richardson? 

He's going to miss 10 games next year for his car stunt. We pay him or get nothing, if we tag him that's going to be around 15 million. So my 100 mill isn't to far away, watch this space.

Do you have a link where anyone said Sheldon is getting a 10 game suspension or did you make that up?? So you think Mo is going to get a 100 million deal like Watt?? This is a list of 3-4 DE's other then Watt the highest yearly pay is 11 million.. http://overthecap.com/position/3-4-defensive-end/

who should he replace? fitz has been really good, but he's not been better than the current probowl selections.

Tom Brady, Patriots

Cam Newton, Panthers

Carson Palmer, Cardinals

Aaron Rodgers, Packers

Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

Russell Wilson, Seahawks

Aaron Rodgers isn't having the best year. His numbers and Fitz are fairly comparable. I mean I know his weapons are hurt, but still.

Fitz makes it when Wilson and Big Ben go to the Super Bowl.

No he shouldn't. But you knew that.

Fitz has been great for us because he's been a good/solid QB. We are like a starving man being offered a burger and fries. Tastes like filet mignon.

Yeah I'm bias, pro bowl is a joke anyway, would've been nice though.

Crap.  You're right. It was Tanny who extended Sanchez.  Sorry for the error.

that was a good extension, it gave us an easy out after 2 years(much like Mike has done w/ tannehill in Miami).  Mike's mistake was not surrounding the QB w/ talent(which he has done in Miami) and expecting the QB to get a lot better despite no talent around him.  Mike was more of a gambler but he did a good job for us and we never should have fired him.  I am happy we have Macc and hope he is the longterm solution but we made a mistake in 2012.  we either needed to keep Mike and rex or fire both and neither deserved to be fired at that moment.

if any of the QB's selected to the probowl are in the super bowl and can't make it, fitz isnt' going.  drew brees, philip rivers, eli manning are all having better years than fitz.

no they are not.  they may have better #s in some cases but they have not been better than fitz this year.

yes they have.

fitz has been good too.  just not probowl worthy.

I don't care about him making the pro bowl but Fitz has made big plays in big spots and helped us win.  those other guys have not.  Rivers has always been overrated and this year the team is awful and he's putting up garbage time #s.  Brees is putting up garbage time #s too, Eli has the best playmaker in the game and he's made some bonehead decisions late in games to cost his team.

Fitz is not a better QB than those 3 but he has had a better year than those 3.

• Upvote 1

I don't care about him making the pro bowl but Fitz has made big plays in big spots and helped us win.  those other guys have not.  Rivers has always been overrated and this year the team is awful and he's putting up garbage time #s.  Brees is putting up garbage time #s too, Eli has the best playmaker in the game and he's made some bonehead decisions late in games to cost his team.

Fitz is not a better QB than those 3 but he has had a better year than those 3.

i don't care about him making the pro bowl either. 

i still disagree with you.  fitz has a really good team around him and is playing well given the situation.  has definitely made big plays when it counts.  

those 3 guys have crappy teams around them and are putting up better #'s.  eli has played well this year.  most of their last minute loses are on their defense.