SW Force Awakens ***SPOILER*** Thread

prime21

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm talking

Like 90% of it.  BUT   Rey wiping out Kylo when she's never even held a sword in her life.  GTF out of here.  This guy was trained by Luke, then by a Sith, and she crushes him?  Heck, Boyega's character should have lasted 2 seconds.  Like... 2.

OK, I'm talking

Like 90% of it.  BUT   Rey wiping out Kylo when she's never even held a sword in her life.  GTF out of here.  This guy was trained by Luke, then by a Sith, and she crushes him?  Heck, Boyega's character should have lasted 2 seconds.  Like... 2.

Kylo was injured, and is completely out of control with his emotions. I get what you're saying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I'm talking

at the end of the movie the bad guy says he needs to complete his training.  kylo isn't very strong.

how did luke do with the training droid thingy ?  no training ?   hmmmmmm

HERE BE THE REAL SPOILERS SO STOP SCROLLING !!!!!!!!

I knew as soon as han stepped on the bridge that he was done.  really well done scene , and the saddest I've been over a movie characters death. (DUH)

I legit got goosebumps when poe and his fighters flew into to save the day

so happy I went dark on trailers, I had no idea rey and finn were piloting/gunning the falcon !!!!

I didn't even really pay too much attention to star killer base, my brain was trying really hard to pretend that wasn't happening, lol

I love how kylo and rey are even right now.  I think the next 2 movies are basically about them, and the interesting part is how rey reacted when kylo offered to teach her.  kylo is not a strong baddie yet, but I think he will complete his training in episode VIII

could finn be a deep mole ?  they never really said why he turned on the troopers.  maybe its BS ? sacrificing the star killer to get to luke would be worth it

IMAX 3D was super gorgeous and I can't wait to see it again !!!

I got really nervous towrds the end that abrams would pull a jackson and make us with for the next movie to see luke like jackson did with shelob in LOTR.  so happy abrams has a brain and isn't that greedy !!!

that scene is so epic that the word epic does not do it justice !!!  the robes, the scenery, just so dang satisfying !!!

how much did hamill get paid for that ?  lol

theory;

the force is strong with lukes baby girl !!!  I think the ship they show leaving her on jakku as a child is luke, leaving after failing as a jedi master

I totally went into this movie thinking kylo was lukes kid, and came out feeling rey is lukes kid

thank you JJ !!!!!

Most of my stuff is positive because not only am I a homer but the little things that people are nitpicking are stupid:

- Rey's AT-AT at the beginning is loaded with clues. The doll of a squadron pilot, the helmet; which by the way is NOT Luke's. Her helmet has 733 on the side, at no point did Luke ever have a helmet on his head with those numbers. Plus, I dunno, seems to me that would be too easy. Eh, either way that's about it for me with fan theorizing. I'd like to just sit back and wait for things to unfold.

- Poe is the sh*t. That is a character that deserves his own solo flick. I think Abrams knows how everyone loves Wedge so much, and just decided to give us another Wedge.

- The entire film is literally a beat for beat reboot of A New Hope. They played it 100% safe and thank god they did.

- When I went to see it opening night, Han's death scene pissed me off. I felt it was unceremonius and an unworthy send-off. I changed my mind when I saw it in IMAX. It's actually great if you view it through the eyes of Kylo and not Han. In hindsight, when this trilogy is done, I think it's going to serve as a big moment for the arc. Think about when Obi Wan just disappears in IV. It's not that huge a moment and there is still a lot of movie left. Obi Wan's death is more about Luke and Vader, and it's done unceremoniously on purpose. Han's death is kind of a foil to that, I think. Kylo takes, rather than anyone giving something to him. And he doesn't want guidance, he wants to be rid of what's holding him back. There is this wonderful, subtle point where the sun stops draining just as he says he's going through this struggle, then it all goes dark right as he says he wants to be free of his pain and before he impales him. So, I think it's meant to serve more as a big moment for him rather than a big finale for Han. Mostly, I think it's a scene that is supposed to be a necessary thing for a new character. Because he doesn't view Han Solo like the way an audience member does, he doesn't give a sh*t and he thinks Han was a crappy father. But again, that scene falls right in line with staying to the beat of A New Hope.

- Rey is awesome, Fin is awesome, Kylo Ren is really awesome. Crazy how they developed an entirely new cast, eased the transition well, and we all care about them now. No easy task for sure.

Don't overthink the Han/Kylo scene. Kylo mentioned he felt he was being drawn to the light when he was talking out loud to Vaders charred helmet. I think he was genuine when he was telling Han he was conflicted. He's extremely emotional and unpolished. I think in his mind there was a chance he was going to give himself up to Han, but darkness prevailed. It was the final evil deed that gives him no chance to return now.

And as for Rey and Finn with the light saber, Finn was born and bred to fight in an army. It's not unfathomable that he can wield a sword. And earlier we saw Rey wielding the stick against the guys trying to steal BB8. Plus she's obviously very strong with the force. Add to that the fact Kylo was injured by Chewie and by no means himself polished at all in the ways of the force.

And as for Rey and Finn with the light saber, Finn was born and bred to fight in an army. It's not unfathomable that he can wield a sword. And earlier we saw Rey wielding the stick against the guys trying to steal BB8. Plus she's obviously very strong with the force. Add to that the fact Kylo was injured by Chewie and by no means himself polished at all in the ways of the force.

Can you imagine what the Internet would be like if Empire came out today? HOW CAN LEIA PILOT THE MILLENIUM FALCON SHES NEVER BEEN TRAINED! 

Because it's a ******* movie. That's why. It's not real. 

Most of my stuff is positive because not only am I a homer but the little things that people are nitpicking are stupid:

- Rey's AT-AT at the beginning is loaded with clues. The doll of a squadron pilot, the helmet; which by the way is NOT Luke's. Her helmet has 733 on the side, at no point did Luke ever have a helmet on his head with those numbers. Plus, I dunno, seems to me that would be too easy. Eh, either way that's about it for me with fan theorizing. I'd like to just sit back and wait for things to unfold.

- Poe is the sh*t. That is a character that deserves his own solo flick. I think Abrams knows how everyone loves Wedge so much, and just decided to give us another Wedge.

- The entire film is literally a beat for beat reboot of A New Hope. They played it 100% safe and thank god they did.

- When I went to see it opening night, Han's death scene pissed me off. I felt it was unceremonius and an unworthy send-off. I changed my mind when I saw it in IMAX. It's actually great if you view it through the eyes of Kylo and not Han. In hindsight, when this trilogy is done, I think it's going to serve as a big moment for the arc. Think about when Obi Wan just disappears in IV. It's not that huge a moment and there is still a lot of movie left. Obi Wan's death is more about Luke and Vader, and it's done unceremoniously on purpose. Han's death is kind of a foil to that, I think. Kylo takes, rather than anyone giving something to him. And he doesn't want guidance, he wants to be rid of what's holding him back. There is this wonderful, subtle point where the sun stops draining just as he says he's going through this struggle, then it all goes dark right as he says he wants to be free of his pain and before he impales him. So, I think it's meant to serve more as a big moment for him rather than a big finale for Han. Mostly, I think it's a scene that is supposed to be a necessary thing for a new character. Because he doesn't view Han Solo like the way an audience member does, he doesn't give a sh*t and he thinks Han was a crappy father. But again, that scene falls right in line with staying to the beat of A New Hope.

- Rey is awesome, Fin is awesome, Kylo Ren is really awesome. Crazy how they developed an entirely new cast, eased the transition well, and we all care about them now. No easy task for sure.

I literally just said this to my wife.

I am wondering of the parallels to A New Hope is a way to set-up and possibly throw the uber fan off a possible path to future movies.  It parallels a lot.

A child on a desert planet with piloting skills who happens to have some Jedi tendencies. 

Again, I loved the movie.  I think they did a good job and other then the slowness of the last scene, did not realize I was in there for over two hours.  And as someone said in this thread or the other, I am glad they showed Luke.

I literally just said this to my wife.

I am wondering of the parallels to A New Hope is a way to set-up and possibly throw the uber fan off a possible path to future movies.  It parallels a lot.

A child on a desert planet with piloting skills who happens to have some Jedi tendencies. 

Again, I loved the movie.  I think they did a good job and other then the slowness of the last scene, did not realize I was in there for over two hours.  And as someone said in this thread or the other, I am glad they showed Luke.

Me too. I started looking at my watch after they destroyed Starkiller and realized the flick was almost done. And all I kept thinking was the world is NEVER going to forgive Abrams if he doesn't show Luke at all. He better at least give us a glimpse for everyone's sake. What I like most about the ending is that it set things up so they didn't need to redo anymore of the original trilogy, so it's like we got our taste of a familiar story, and now the really original stuff begins. I forget who said it, might have been a friend or someone on here, but they said VIII is probably going to be like Godfather II and I agree. Probably a LOT of flashbacks as Luke starts training Rey explaining what happened to him.

Part of me also thinks that each of the original main characters is kind of getting their own movie insofar as being the star of it alongside the new cast. Han got VII, Luke will get VIII, and Leia gets IX maybe? That's how it seems for VII and VIII at least.

OK, I'm talking

the laser cannon that could destroy multiple planets millions of light years away... That was believable 

the laser cannon that could destroy multiple planets millions of light years away... That was believable 

Yea, if there's one thing I'd criticize about the new film it is that it falls down on "believability" when stacked up against the original films. 

Overall it was a good movie but I'm worried this franchise will degenerate into what the x-men movies and marvel movies all together have become which is Dawson's creek with superpowers

The X-Men movies and Marvel movies in general were never any good, save for the first Avengers, first Iron Man, Guardians, and First Class. The rest has been a hot steaming pile of crap.

Me too. I started looking at my watch after they destroyed Starkiller and realized the flick was almost done. And all I kept thinking was the world is NEVER going to forgive Abrams if he doesn't show Luke at all. He better at least give us a glimpse for everyone's sake. What I like most about the ending is that it set things up so they didn't need to redo anymore of the original trilogy, so it's like we got our taste of a familiar story, and now the really original stuff begins. I forget who said it, might have been a friend or someone on here, but they said VIII is probably going to be like Godfather II and I agree. Probably a LOT of flashbacks as Luke starts training Rey explaining what happened to him.

Part of me also thinks that each of the original main characters is kind of getting their own movie insofar as being the star of it alongside the new cast. Han got VII, Luke will get VIII, and Leia gets IX maybe? That's how it seems for VII and VIII at least.

The same thought crossed my mind, but I don't think anyone is putting the fate of an entire feature film in Carrie Fisher's hands. I could see Luke taking on a dominant role in the final 2, definitely in the next one. Leia and Chewie have some reckoning coming their way. I'm excited about the directions they can go.

Had the same feeling about not having seen Luke with so little film left too. I'd add that with about 7 minutes left I started having this "you can't end now" feeling in my gut. I wanted more. Right then and there.

I have this odd double standard with movies.

Tony Stark creates a power source the size of a large watch that allows him to fly cross country.  OK.   Bruce Banner grows when he gets angry?  OK.  Technology shows up that allows you to wipe out a planet far far away, ok.   Someone who has never held a sword beating a dark pseudo Jedi.  Got a problem with it.

Although... watching it a second time.  She was pretty bad with a staff, and he had been shot.  So it's not as bad.

Watching Poe fly around and just blowing people up left and right.   All's good in the world.

The same thought crossed my mind, but I don't think anyone is putting the fate of an entire feature film in Carrie Fisher's hands. I could see Luke taking on a dominant role in the final 2, definitely in the next one. Leia and Chewie have some reckoning coming their way. I'm excited about the directions they can go.

Had the same feeling about not having seen Luke with so little film left too. I'd add that with about 7 minutes left I started having this "you can't end now" feeling in my gut. I wanted more. Right then and there.

Luke can totally carry one.  Carrie Fisher, no.  was it just me or did she seem... too botoxed or something.  Even her voice sounded off.

I wonder if they're setting up Chewie to be the one constant for this trilogy and maybe even into the next one. It would make sense within the canon since wookees live for so long.

Watching Poe fly around and just blowing people up left and right.   All's good in the world.

Facts. I think he's the best character of this new set. There's a reason all the Rogue pilots have their own subset of fans within Star Wars culture. Dudes are the shiznit and he's by far one of the coolest ever.

Loved the movie (side not, the Emo Kylo Ren twitter feed is hilarious and spot on)

As mentioned, Rey has fighting skills on Jakuu and she's stronger in the Force than Kylo Ren, so it makes sense she woukd beat him while he was wounded. Also, when  Rey called the lightsaber I got chills the three times Ive seen the movie. No way she was losing that fight as Luke's daughter. Plus, Kylo Ren is neither a Jedi nor Sith, so hes not fully trained himself. Hes a Vader fanboy.

Well acted by all the new characters. Adam Driver really brought the emotion to the bridge scene.

Last, Snoke is Darth Plageius, right? Me and my friends are in agreement on that. What does other think?

I wonder if they're setting up Chewie to be the one constant for this trilogy and maybe even into the next one. It would make sense within the canon since wookees live for so long.

He can be a bit character, and they do live a long time.

OK, not a problem with the movie, but when Han tries Chewie's gun, and he's like, "I really like this."

They are best friends for.... 40+ years?  Like brothers.  Been in hundreds of battles together, and Han has never thought to ask, "Can I try your gun?"  But I loved the added impact when Chewie shoots someone.  They don't go down, they go flying back.

Loved the movie (side not, the Emo Kylo Ren twitter feed is hilarious and spot on)

As mentioned, Rey has fighting skills on Jakuu and she's stronger in the Force than Kylo Ren, so it makes sense she woukd beat him while he was wounded. Also, when  Rey called the lightsaber I got chills the three times Ive seen the movie. No way she was losing that fight as Luke's daughter. Plus, Kylo Ren is neither a Jedi nor Sith, so hes not fully trained himself. Hes a Vader fanboy.

Well acted by all the new characters. Adam Driver really brought the emotion to the bridge scene.

Last, Snoke is Darth Plageius, right? Me and my friends are in agreement on that. What does other think?

Check out the novelization, they get into Snoke a little more. I don't think so, there's really a shot he's an entirely new guy. He has intimate knowledge of the conflicts with Anakin and Luke that were never shared with the rest of the Galaxy. He targets Ben Solo very specifically from a young age and had some sort of direct dealings with Leia.

The real problem is that all the EU stuff on Plagueis is now defunct, so anything we could even use as clues wouldn't be. Which is a shame because all the stuff on Darth Plagueis and Bane is the t-ts. Whomever he is he has been pulling strings since Palpatine took power and that is pretty ******* cool. 

Seriously though, check out the book, it's great. Here's a taste:

image.jpeg

Archived