### Jets \ Pats --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

and this was the face of a win a couple weeks ago against the Giants..

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVk6r3jWwAEflh2.mp4

Obviously it's a Bowles doppelganger.

I know you Rex haters are pretty excited today but Todd still has quite a few wins to stack together to equal Rex' first year.  Lets hope he can do it.

So, I take it that you're not excited, then.

Why must you try to ruin a good day?

And why, when "Rex lovers" (apparently) must defend Rex, do they only go allllllll the way back to his first and second year--which truly were exciting? But, surely there must be something to applaud, reminisce over, or jizz yourself to in years 3 through 6? Surely!

By the way, in Rex's first year he took a 9-7 team and went...

...9-7. Inspiring. Truly, inspiring.

Meanwhile, in Bowles' first year, he's taking a 4-12 team and he's primed to go 11-5.

Now, if you want to bring up that Rex won two playoff games in addition to those 9 wins, and that now, it's still not a guarantee that we get into the playoffs, then great; that is a valid point. But let me ask you a question: Would 9-7 be enough to squeak into the playoffs this year, as Rex did his first?

The answer is no.

And here is a bonus fact for you: 11-5, while it will be just enough to get us into the playoffs this year, it would have won us the division in '09.

Another bonus fact: This year, in Rex's 2nd 1st year, he's taking a 9-7 team and at best can go 8-8--unless we have anything to say about it and they finish at 7-9. Wow, what a performance. Soldier on, Rex. Soldier on.

• Upvote 1

Another thing I noticed.

Bowles is the complete antithesis of Rex. Completely even keeled and keeping his composure. Gone are the days of the head coach celebrating and rushing down on to the field and drawing a penalty. No more burned timeouts because he was too busy jumping and screaming and fist pumping to bother to make sure a play is called.

This:

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/g10736311/Bowles%20Win%20Face_zpsaforhg6d.jpg

This is the face of win.

That is the face of "Sh!t, we almost screwed the pooch without the lucky coin-fart."

• Thumb Down 2

I know you Rex haters are pretty excited today but Todd still has quite a few wins to stack together to equal Rex' first year.  Lets hope he can do it.

Pac, the ultimate goal is not to match Rex's first 2 years, both of which lacked trophies, and leave it at that.  The ultimate goal is to build a perennial contender that one day leads to a Super Bowl. 

And as Spoot already noted, Rex was handed a team that went 9-7 the previous season.  Yes, that team was led by Favre, but we all know Rex was very interested in flying to Mississippi to try to convince Rex to come back for another season had they not gone after his hand-picked guy, Sanchez. 

Bowles, meanwhile, was left with a 4-12 roster that was the culmination of the hackjob Rex had done the previous 4 seasons.

It's not even close to a good comparison. 

• Upvote 1

And why, when "Rex lovers" (apparently) must defend Rex, do they only go allllllll the way back to his first and second year--which truly were exciting? But, surely there must be something to applaud, reminisce over, or jizz yourself to in years 3 through 6? Surely!

That one time his team lucked its way into an 8-8 record despite being outscored by 90+ points on the season?

• Upvote 1

Pac, the ultimate goal is not to match Rex's first 2 years, both of which lacked trophies, and leave it at that.  The ultimate goal is to build a perennial contender that one day leads to a Super Bowl. 

And as Spoot already noted, Rex was handed a team that went 9-7 the previous season.  Yes, that team was led by Favre, but we all know Rex was very interested in flying to Mississippi to try to convince Rex to come back for another season had they not gone after his hand-picked guy, Sanchez. 

Bowles, meanwhile, was left with a 4-12 roster that was the culmination of the hackjob Rex had done the previous 4 seasons.

It's not even close to a good comparison. 

The point is for all the fellating of Bowles and Fitz they have yet to even make the playoffs let alone become some perennial contender.  9-7 and playoff runs are better than 11-5 and a loss in the wildcard round.  All I'm saying is before you go blowing your wads you should see what happens the next couple weeks.

I have to read 20 page threads every week about Rex sucking and Fitz being YA Tittle so forgive me for occasionally not being able to take it and having to speak up.  No matter what you or anyone else says I think Idzik destroyed the team the last couple years and furthermore believe Geno would have had success this year with this team.  That's how I and I'm sure plenty others see it. 

The point is for all the fellating of Bowles and Fitz they have yet to even make the playoffs let alone become some perennial contender.  9-7 and playoff runs are better than 11-5 and a loss in the wildcard round.  All I'm saying is before you go blowing your wads you should see what happens the next couple weeks.

I have to read 20 page threads every week about Rex sucking and Fitz being YA Tittle so forgive me for occasionally not being able to take it and having to speak up.  No matter what you or anyone else says I think Idzik destroyed the team the last couple years and furthermore believe Geno would have had success this year with this team.  That's how I and I'm sure plenty others see it. 

No, it doesn't take making the playoffs the first year to be come a perennial contender.  This year was supposed to be about cleaning up the mess and setting the stage for a bunch of successful seasons.  No one expected us to be 10-5 and a win away from the playoffs.  Literally no one.  I am very pleased with the level of professionalism Bowles and Fitz have brought to the table, as its something we haven't had out of our HC/QB combo for a very long time.  And that's kind of important. 

You come off very bitter for being wrong.  I get it.  You wanted Rex to stick around and for Geno to start over Fitz.  Both of those desires turned out to be utterly, completely wrong.  The fact that you actually just used the words "No matter what you or anyone says..." speaks volumes.  It's the equivalent of covering your ears and screaming so you don't have to hear it.  The facts speak for themselves my friend.  Fitz is having an even more successful season, both statistically and with qualitatively, than anyone could have imagined.  Bowles has a plan that seems to be working, as for most of the game yesterday we shut down Tom Brady's offense and are bringing a consistent approach every week.  This franchise looks to be soaring while Bills fans want Rex out after just one year.  Why would you ever expect that people wouldn't talk about his failures?  There's no Idzik in Buffalo to "ruin" him.  He's doing it all himself right now.  It fully validates everything we complained about while Rex was here.

But its not too late to jump on the bandwagon and be happy we're having success.  Plenty of room here.

• Upvote 1

No, it doesn't take making the playoffs the first year to be come a perennial contender.  This year was supposed to be about cleaning up the mess and setting the stage for a bunch of successful seasons.  No one expected us to be 10-5 and a win away from the playoffs.  Literally no one.  I am very pleased with the level of professionalism Bowles and Fitz have brought to the table, as its something we haven't had out of our HC/QB combo for a very long time.  And that's kind of important. 

You come off very bitter for being wrong.  I get it.  You wanted Rex to stick around and for Geno to start over Fitz.  Both of those desires turned out to be utterly, completely wrong.  The fact that you actually just used the words "No matter what you or anyone says..." speaks volumes.  It's the equivalent of covering your ears and screaming so you don't have to hear it.  The facts speak for themselves my friend.  Fitz is having an even more successful season, both statistically and with qualitatively, than anyone could have imagined.  Bowles has a plan that seems to be working, as for most of the game yesterday we shut down Tom Brady's offense and are bringing a consistent approach every week.  This franchise looks to be soaring while Bills fans want Rex out after just one year.  Why would you ever expect that people wouldn't talk about his failures?  There's no Idzik in Buffalo to "ruin" him.  He's doing it all himself right now.  It fully validates everything we complained about while Rex was here.

But its not too late to jump on the bandwagon and be happy we're having success.  Plenty of room here.

I expected 10-6 and a wild card..  did you not see the reclamation project that Macc did with Idziks mess?  We were 8-8 2 short years ago with a roster that wasn't in the same universe as this one.

Normally your circle jerks don't bother me but every couple weeks I find them especially annoying so I speak up.  Rex and Sanchez deserve and demand your respect for what they were able to accomplish with this god forsaken franchise.  For some reason many of you have convinced yourselves that 11-5 and a wildcard loss would be better than getting within 1 game of the SB because Bowles doesn't emote in front of the camera.  Sometimes it's too silly for me to ignore. 

And I was thrilled with yesterdays win.  I have been on the Jets "bandwagon" longer than you've been alive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Agreed. We already got dickteased by the unexpected Mets this year (who laid a giant turd). Let's stay realistic here.

I'm not so sure about Geno and Rex was certainly done. But the new chemistry is very '09-10-ish and yesterday's win was very Sanchez-esque.

Funny how Jets won "in spite" of rookie Sanchez in '09-'10 though he followed numerous mistakes with clutch plays to get us there.

Fitz, an 11-year $59M vet, was 3-11 to WRs at one point yesterday and had he hit a few easy wide open targets early on the game wouldn't have been close.

But you and CluelessCarl40 had your faces wedged too far up Fitzmagic's crotch to notice that. You only see the heroics.

Reality is, Jets let a makeshift Pats cover band hang around the whole game and send it to OT. God only knows what might've happened if Pats took the ball first.

Yes, the facts speak for themselves. We didn't beat the same Pats team with the winning record. And the other half-baked teams we beat recently are what they are.

I like Bowles and the group we have, but let's get past Rex's Bills at Buffalo before you go full RayRay on us.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Agreed. We already got dickteased by the unexpected Mets this year (who laid a giant turd). Let's stay realistic here.

I'm not so sure about Geno and Rex was certainly done. But the new chemistry is very '09-10-ish and yesterday's win was very Sanchez-esque.

Funny how Jets won "in spite" of rookie Sanchez in '09-'10 though he followed numerous mistakes with clutch plays to get us there.

Fitz, an 11-year $59M vet, was 3-11 to WRs at one point yesterday and had he hit a few easy wide open targets early on the game wouldn't have been close.

But you and CluelessCarl40 had your faces wedged too far up Fitzmagic's crotch to notice that. You only see the heroics.

Reality is, Jets let a makeshift Pats cover band hang around the whole game and send it to OT. God only knows what might've happened if Pats took the ball first.

Yes, the facts speak for themselves. We didn't beat the same Pats team with the winning record. And the other half-baked teams we beat recently are what they are.

I like Bowles and the group we have, but let's get past Rex's Bills at Buffalo before you go full RayRay on us.

Seriously with this?  This is called nitpicking.  We've won 5 straight games with QB play being a driving force, and you wonder why people are flooding Fitz with support.  Being "realistic" has nothing to do with being a fan.  We can be irrational and support players even when they have flaws.  We're allowed to believe our teams can win titles. 

And the Mets you speak of, somewhat like the Jets, went from being left for dead to the NL Pennant while the Jets are one win away from the playoffs.  And both franchises have bright futures to boot.  Those are good reasons to be in a good mood.  I'll choose to be excited rather than "realistic", thanks.  Because focusing on the fact that the Mets lost the World Series and the Jets may well disappoint us at some point isn't fun.  This is a game we watch for entertainment.  I'm entertained.