Alex Barron is SICK

RichardSeymour

Ok, you've said it... adnaseum, but what on earth are you going to trade to get high enough to draft him?

well, I am guessing he lasts until 11 or 12, so I would definetly trade our 1st and 2nd rd pick to move up, that probably is not enough though. :cry:

well, I am guessing he lasts until 11 or 12, so I would definetly trade our 1st and 2nd rd pick to move up, that probably is not enough though. :cry:

At the rate everyone is shooting Barron up their boards, he won't last past the Lions, who do need a tackle. So, you're talking about a gross overpayment here. A first and a second wouldn't get you, from number 26, to number ten. You can throw the value board out, by the way. We're talking something akin to what the Jets paid for DRob. Why? Supply and demand. Any dork who's taken a business class understand that.

At the rate everyone is shooting Barron up their boards, he won't last past the Lions, who do need a tackle. So, you're talking about a gross overpayment here. A first and a second wouldn't get you, from number 26, to number ten. You can throw the value board out, by the way. We're talking something akin to what the Jets paid for DRob. Why? Supply and demand. Any dork who's taken a business class understand that.

obviously, if he doesn't get past the top 10, we have absolutely no shot at Barron. but if he SOMEHOW lasts until the mid rounds we might have a shot, thats all I'm sayin.

One of the guys on the JI board, Bongo, is some insider with the Titans. Supposedly on the medical staff, or something. He provides some really juicy info on the team and around the league. He hits and misses, but mostly hits though.

He believes that Barron is head and shoulders above Brown and Barnes, but will take 2 or 3 years to develop.

He also believes that the 49ers will not select a QB at #1, but most likely a RB or WR. He said they talked to 4 teams about trades and the qb talk has died down.

He believes that the Titans might trade down if possible.

He also likes Corey Webster and believes Clayton will outproduce Edwards and Williams.....

To each his own..

EB, I'm telling you he won't make it past the Lions. And if he does, which is a miracle, I don't see the Texans making that deal for Orlando Pace then. Hell, I'd be shocked if he made it to the Lions. He might be taken by the Dolphins, who do need an offensive line. Or the Browns.

obviously, if he doesn't get past the top 10, we have absolutely no shot at Barron. but if he SOMEHOW lasts until the mid rounds we might have a shot, thats all I'm sayin.

Think of it though, young man. You're a team with the #11 pick and you can pick a franchise left tackle. The Jets call you and offer the #26 and the #55--both crapshoots. No WAY does anyone take that seriously. Hell, you'd be lucky to go from #26 to #24 with that package.

Think of it though, young man. You're a team with the #11 pick and you can pick a franchise left tackle. The Jets call you and offer the #26 and the #55--both crapshoots. No WAY does anyone take that seriously. Hell, you'd be lucky to go from #26 to #24 with that package.

yea. for christ sake, the browns traded up 1 pick last year and had to give up their 2nd rd pick to do it I believe.

True, very true, UNLESS TB adds something to the mix....

I don't beleive he would or should give up Abe, but any team would listen to that offer. A #1, plus Abe? especially to a team like Detroit that needs a pass rusher, and whom most people have selecting someone like James, Spears, Pollock or Cody?

If I'm Detroit, I do it in a heartbeat. hell, I might still be able to land Brown or get the shutdown corner I need or field stretching tight end I covet.

One of the guys on the JI board, Bongo, is some insider with the Titans. Supposedly on the medical staff, or something. He provides some really juicy info on the team and around the league. He hits and misses, but mostly hits though.

He believes that Barron is head and shoulders above Brown and Barnes, but will take 2 or 3 years to develop.

He also believes that the 49ers will not select a QB at #1, but most likely a RB or WR. He said they talked to 4 teams about trades and the qb talk has died down.

He believes that the Titans might trade down if possible.

He also likes Corey Webster and believes Clayton will outproduce Edwards and Williams.....

To each his own..

I think that none of the tackles in this year's draft will be ready to play like Gallery was last year. I think they'll all need development time. But Barron, obviously, just put himself heads and shoulders above the others. Might just be me, however. Barron might be the most NFL ready of the three top tackles, but he won't be ready to take on the left side to start. The right side is easier to play.

The crux if it is this... if you're the Jets, and by some twist of fate you get the chance to draft Barron, where do you play him? Left side and potentially let a player who is not ready for bodyguard action get ran over time and time again? Or the right side, where he can develop and not face the 'premiere' DE's in the league? Then again, that's just my two cents... thank you for letting me confuse you, unless you were able to decifer my jibberish :lol:

yea. for christ sake, the browns traded up 1 pick last year and had to give up their 2nd rd pick to do it I believe.

The Browns are stupid. That's the only reason the Lions were able to dupe them. And that was from 7 to 6... not 26 to 10. And, you're dealing with the duper, not the dupee.

True, very true, UNLESS TB adds something to the mix....

I don't beleive he would or should give up Abe, but any team would listen to that offer. A #1, plus Abe? especially to a team like Detroit that needs a pass rusher, and whom most people have selecting someone like James, Spears, Pollock or Cody?

If I'm Detroit, I do it in a heartbeat. hell, I might still be able to land Brown or get the shutdown corner I need or field stretching tight end I covet.

Detroit might listen to that, but Abe's contract would be a wrench thrown in, as the Lions don't have gobs of cap space to throw around. That being said, I think the Lions would probably take the trade, if it's a first, second, and J Abe. Don't forget, the Lions are still a rebuilding team. They need all the picks they can get. The Jets, despite everyone saying things to the contrary, are only a few players away from the Super bowl.

Detroit might listen to that, but Abe's contract would be a wrench thrown in, as the Lions don't have gobs of cap space to throw around. That being said, I think the Lions would probably take the trade, if it's a first, second, and J Abe. Don't forget, the Lions are still a rebuilding team. They need all the picks they can get. The Jets, despite everyone saying things to the contrary, are only a few players away from the Super bowl.

Yes, I thought about that. Abe's contract might be a problem, but we aren't eating any bonus money, and even if they picked up his deal, it would be for one year. I am sure that any deal would be contingent upon Abe agreeing to some big ass deal with them, one that they would be able to fit him into.

I look at it this way. Randy Moss had a huge deal that Oakland inherited, even with their cap issues, and they were able to re do his deal and STILL sign Jordan and others.

I think Detroit would give him a big bonus, and kiss the playoffs hello :lol: , which would not be a good thing for my Bears :evil:

I personally would NOT want Terry do give up a #1 AND Abe for Barron. Also a #2? Not me. Would you do it? I don't know...

mark my words... Alex Barron - despite working out like a beast - is far from a sure thing - he's got a chronic injury history and his blocking is at times downright poor. He will shoot up many boards but not mine. We always knew he was a good athlete but what he has not proven is that he can be a top notch tackle. to be 100% honest im glad he's not going to be a JET because he will keep another team busy worrying about why their franchise LT isn't living up to lofty draft status...

Yes, I thought about that. Abe's contract might be a problem, but we aren't eating any bonus money, and even if they picked up his deal, it would be for one year. I am sure that any deal would be contingent upon Abe agreeing to some big a$$ deal with them, one that they would be able to fit him into.

I look at it this way. Randy Moss had a huge deal that Oakland inherited, even with their cap issues, and they were able to re do his deal and STILL sign Jordan and others.

I think Detroit would give him a big bonus, and kiss the playoffs hello :lol: , which would not be a good thing for my Bears :evil:

I personally would NOT want Terry do give up a #1 AND Abe for Barron. Also a #2? Not me. Would you do it? I don't know...

Depends how bad I want my Lions to succeed :lol:

Remember bro, I'm Detroit born. Well, close enough anyway... and Da Bears suck! :P

Depends how bad I want my Lions to succeed :lol:

Remember bro, I'm Detroit born. Well, close enough anyway... and Da Bears suck! :P

Hey, bite your tongue(no not Reggie either..)I'm from the North side of Chicago and you'll never win with Millen. :twisted: :D

I love the fact Barron is shooting up the charts

That means that is one less team that needs the likes of one Jammal Brown

I'll take Brown, thank you very much

I have the sneaky feeling that Adrian Jones is our Tackle next year, and TB finds a way to get Heath Miller

JMO

Have felt that way for awhile now

I love the fact Barron is shooting up the charts

That means that is one less team that needs the likes of one Jammal Brown

I'll take Brown, thank you very much

I have the sneaky feeling that Adrian Jones is our Tackle next year, and TB finds a way to get Heath Miller

JMO

Have felt that way for awhile now

Ever year, someone rises and another falls.

I thought from all the early stuff I'd read that Khalif Barnes was the Chosen One this year. It now appears that Barron is the man, and from some of the recent stuff I've read, Pac Man might drop.

mark my words... Alex Barron - despite working out like a beast - is far from a sure thing - he's got a chronic injury history and his blocking is at times downright poor. He will shoot up many boards but not mine. We always knew he was a good athlete but what he has not proven is that he can be a top notch tackle. to be 100% honest im glad he's not going to be a JET because he will keep another team busy worrying about why their franchise LT isn't living up to lofty draft status...

I'd take Jammal Brown and stick him at RT for 10 years. That man is a mean sunnuvabitch.

Yeah... but Millen outfoxed Butch Davis. I know that's not saying much... but it's better than anything Lovehandle has done. And the Bears lost twice to the Lions last year. The same Lions team who couldn't take two steps without tripping over themselves.

Yeah, you're right. With our brutal offense, you managed to win by scoring on a blcoked field goal(still want Edinger? :D )on Opening Day, and barerly beat us because of a bad blown call. We both know the reviews had us scoring the TD, but the refs blew the call and stole it from us.

You can't be proud of that, eh? :D

That's ok, we'll see this season. Just make sure Millen doesn't call Harrington out like he did Morton :D

Archived