Belichick Wanted To Kick

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate everything about the pats, but I don't really think this was as bad a decision as people make it out to be. The jets just went 3 and out 3 straight times I believe. The pats offense scored 13 points all game. Win the field position battle. End the game with a long Fg. We've seen the pats end tons of games on FG.  AGAIN.... This is not the decision I would make but not as far fetched as people in the media are making it out to be 

I hate everything about the pats, but I don't really think this was as bad a decision as people make it out to be. The jets just went 3 and out 3 straight times I believe. The pats offense scored 13 points all game. Win the field position battle. End the game with a long Fg. We've seen the pats end tons of games on FG.  AGAIN.... This is not the decision I would make but not as far fetched as people in the media are making it out to be 

It was not a bad decision, it was an AWFUL one

Genuinely think he's just protecting him. Slater was visibly confused, you could almost see him realise that he f*cked up. 

I'll take it either way.

Except Slater said it was Belichicks call.  Obviously he wasn't covering up.  It was the way they wanted to play it. Belichick knew the Pats had a hard time moving the ball on us and wanted to play field position.  He was hoping for a quick stop and good starting field position.  

Its called "Damage Control". 

They didnt want to kick. Slater f'ed up and Belichick and the organization is damage controlling the situation. 

Dude are you deaf, Slater didn't **** anything up. They clearly wanted to kick. The only thing Slater ****ed up was assuming they would also be able to choose direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not deaf, im calling them a liar. 

Can you get off "me" now? 

Slater lied when he said he wanted to kick? How about Ninkovich who you can clearly hear reiterating it? They wanted to kick, Belichek got too cute and outsmarted himself. It wouldn't be the first time.

Haha. Bellicheat is such an arrogant tool. Why in the world would anybody elect to kick in OT when a TD wins the game? How can this decision be defended? What a fool.

Say what you want about Belichick.  But I have never heard him put the blame on an individual player.  He always puts it on himself.  So we may never know what really happened.  My theory is that he knew the Steelers already lost and eliminating the Steelers was the best case scenerio for the Patriots. So It was to the Patriots advantage to lose.  They will get home field advantage by beating the Dolphins next week any way.  They always look at the bigger picture.

Say what you want about Belichick.  But I have never heard him put the blame on an individual player.  He always puts it on himself.  So we may never know what really happened.  My theory is that he knew the Steelers already lost and eliminating the Steelers was the best case scenerio for the Patriots. So It was to the Patriots advantage to lose.  They will get home field advantage by beating the Dolphins next week any way.  They always look at the bigger picture.

lol

Slater lied when he said he wanted to kick? How about Ninkovich who you can clearly hear reiterating it? They wanted to kick, Belichek got too cute and outsmarted himself. It wouldn't be the first time.

Take your iphone, click this link and listen to what your WR Brandon Marshall had to say. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015122702/2015/REG16/patriots@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000610266&tab=videos

By the end you should see that it was Damage Control. If its hard for you to hear what Brandon said, turn up the volume given that no one is deaf here. 

What are you trying to say? He wanted the jets to win to help them get in ahead of the steelers? Yeah, ok. Have another drink.

Take your iphone, click this link and listen to what your WR Brandon Marshall had to say. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015122702/2015/REG16/patriots@jets#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000610266&tab=videos

By the end you should see that it was Damage Control. If its hard for you to hear what Brandon said, turn up the volume given that no one is deaf here. 

Ok I'm sorry for implying you're deaf. Can we bury the hatchet here? Brandon said he saw the kicker, the kicker wasn't out there. What he saw was slater arguing he should get to choose direction, and interpreted that as slater arguing that he wanted to receive.

What are you trying to say? He wanted the jets to win to help them get in ahead of the steelers? Yeah, ok. Have another drink.

Why is that so hard to believe?  They just took the Jets to overtime without any of their starting safeties, running backs,wide receivers and half their offensive line.  A majority of these players will be back for the AFC playoffs at home.  The Steelers almost beat them when the Pats were at full strength.  The Steelers are also the only other AFC team with an elite QB right now.  Avoiding the Steelers is a good thing.

you put way to much thought into this. The player screwed up.  Brandon Marshall intimated that after the game in the presser. 

Genuinely think he's just protecting him. Slater was visibly confused, you could almost see him realise that he f*cked up. 

I'll take it either way.

This.

Either way it was a brain fart of epic proportions.

This.

Either way it was a brain fart of epic proportions.

In Slater's post game he said he had Beli repeat it 4 times to be sure because he wanted to be 100% that's what Bill wanted so he wasn't out there being the guy who goofed the coin toss. He called exactly what Bill wanted. It's the 4th and 2 vs IND all over again, he sometimes outsmarts himself.

My theory is that he knew the Steelers already lost and eliminating the Steelers was the best case scenerio for the Patriots. So It was to the Patriots advantage to lose.  They will get home field advantage by beating the Dolphins next week any way.  They always look at the bigger picture.

seems legit

Why is that so hard to believe?  They just took the Jets to overtime without any of their starting safeties, running backs,wide receivers and half their offensive line.  A majority of these players will be back for the AFC playoffs at home.  The Steelers almost beat them when the Pats were at full strength.  The Steelers are also the only other AFC team with an elite QB right now.  Avoiding the Steelers is a good thing.

The Jets have played the Pats as tough as anybody the past few years. They almost beat them in Foxboro their last game too. You are not making sense.

I watched the last 3 minutes of the 4th Q and OT again.  just before the OT coin toss you can clearly see belicheat talking to slater, and slater is obviously double checking that belicheat want to kickoff if they win the toss. 

that combined with his comments later that he double checked with belicheat pretty much is proof they wanted to KO

they actually did KO in OT in 2013 and won the game

oh, and dan fouts is the worst, the absolute worst. he was trying to sell the fact the ref talked slater into kicking off, lol.  

pretty ballsy move to have gronk score, play good defense, then go into OT if you really think about it

Archived