Fitz's Stats (Chasing the Greatest QB Season in Jets History)

Warfish

Fitz:

Is 319 for 525, 60.7%, 3,724 Yards, 29 TD's, 12 INT's.

He is tied for #1 All-Time for TD Passes at 29.

He is #4 All-Time for Passing Yards at 3,724, sitting 283 yards passing behind Joe Namath for #1 All-Time.

He is #3 All-Time for Completions, sitting 24 Completions behind Brett Favre for #1 All-Time.

If he were to somehow repeat his stats from today, next week vs. Buffalo, he would be the Jets Franchise #1 in Completions, Passing Yards and TD passes, and tied for #2 All-Time for Wins for a Starting QB.

He's also #5 All-Time in QB Rushing Yards.  Lol.

Oh, and he'll have only played 15 games (having missed literally all of Oakland).

The only years that match him are Joe Namath in 1967, and Ken O'Brien in 1985.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitz:

He is #4 All-Time for Passing Yards at 3,724, sitting 283 yards passing behind Joe Namath for #1 All-Time.

He is #3 All-Time for Completions, sitting 24 Completions behind Brett Favre for #1 All-Time.

If he were to somehow repeat his stats from today, next week vs. Buffalo, he would be the Jets Franchise #1 in Completions, Passing Yards and TD passes, and tied for #2 All-Time for Wins for a Starting QB.

Oh, and he'll have only played 15 games (having missed literally all of Oakland).

Of course Namath only had 14 games and it was a different game back than much more running and the DBs could mug the receivers, but still glad for Fitz - he is having a great season - hopefully he can be this good for us next year if Petty isn't ready, etc.

Fitz:

Sorta felt it since I watched this team shrivel when he went out in Oakland.  Knew the guy had this team and made it his.  Do that and you can have a season like this. 

Come on guys we know what Fitz is. We need to make a decision on Geno. What better way to evaluate than see how Geno does in wild card round?  He never had weapons before. He was handpicked as starter before IK punched him. Fitz is a JAG who can't win 6 games. Weaponzzz. Fitz can't beat anyone with a winning record (not counting the reigning Super Bowl champs). Geno is young. Fitz is old. Fitz has a noodle arm. Geno can make all the throws. We need more evidence on Geno before we cut bait. Alex Smith sucked before being good. How can we know with certainty Geno can't make pro bowl? This is all about Brandon Marshall anyway. I could win 10 games with Marshall. Fitz never went to playoffs before. Buffalo extended him and regretted it. Why would 6 teams pass on Fitzpatrick if he was good?

When I say "best" I don't mean all-time, career.

I mean single-season REGULAR season in this context, obviously.

And yes, Fitz (barring a meltdown in Buffalo) WILL be better than both O'Brian and Testeverte.

It is reasonably possible he will be the clear-cut best single-season Jets QB of all-time.

Now, he'd have to do the same for another 3-5 years to surpass O'Brian all-time, and he'd have to win a Super Bowl in addition to even be close to Namath.

But single season, he has a realistic chance to surpass them all.

Who on earth wouldn't have signed up for THAT before opening day! :)

I'd put Ken O'Brien above Fitz too.  Nice to have a QB that's in the discussion though.

He was given a shot and ran with it.  He plays way beyond his limitations.  He's easy to root for and after his little rough spot has taken over this team. 

Hes not Joe Namath.  He's not Kenny O.  He's not Vinny.  He may not be healthy Chad.  But he's playing the best QB over a season since we had Vinny.  And that's a really good thing. 

Wish we could talk about how good he's played without having to bring Geno or what Fitz was into it.  It's been beaten to death.

He was given a shot and ran with it.  He plays way beyond his limitations.  He's easy to root for and after his little rough spot has taken over this team. 

Hes not Joe Namath.  He's not Kenny O.  He's not Vinny.  He may not be healthy Chad.  But he's playing the best QB over a season since we had Vinny.  And that's a really good thing. 

Wish we could talk about how good he's played without having to bring Geno or what Fitz was into it.  It's been beaten to death.

It really is a shame that you seem incapable of truly enjoying this historic performance by Fitz and Co.

We're watching the best single-year QB-WR-WR combo since O'Brien-Toon-Walker, or even Namath-Maynard-Sauer.

It has the chance to be the best ever for our franchise.

And it's got us at 10-5 having just beat the Pats.

And the best "compliment" you can find is "He plays beyond his limitations".

SMH

You're right, tho, he's not Namath.  The year Namath got 4,000 yards, he threw 28 INT's (to 26 TD's).

He's no Vinny, when Vinny got 3,732 Yards, he threw 25 INT's (to 21 TD's).  With a First Ballot HOF Running Back.

Kenny O', my favorite Jets QB of all time, his best was pretty great, no doubt, Almost 3,900 yards, 25 TD's and only 8 INT's.  

Hell, seems all of um "played beyond their limitations" then.

It really is a shame that you seem incapable of truly enjoying this historic performance by Fitz and Co.

We're watching the best single-year QB-WR-WR combo since O'Brien-Toon-Walker, or even Namath-Maynard-Sauer.

SMH

He'll be arguing Geno would've won by more if Fitz leads this team to a ring

Sad but probably not far from the truth.

Some people become so completely invested in the positions they take here on these boards that they simply cannot let those positions go.  Even when all of the available evidence points to them being 100% wrong on the substance of the discussion.  Jet Nut may be the absolute King of these boards in this respect.

Some people become so completely invested in the positions they take here on these boards that they simply cannot let those positions go.  Even when all of the available evidence points to them being 100% wrong on the substance of the discussion.  Jet Nut may be the absolute King of these boards in this respect.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong.

To this day I wear a Patrick Ramsey Jets jersey.  I truly believed Ramsey had just been misused and abused in DC, and if given a chance would be a franchise QB in New York.

I was deeply and obviously wrong.

It happens.  We all have our biases and hard-held opinions, but really, I just can't see how even the most jaded Jets Fan could not be wallowing in enjoyment of a season that has, and could, surpass every previous season in our history in terms of production.

SMH

You're right, tho, he's not Namath.  The year Namath got 4,000 yards, he threw 28 INT's (to 26 TD's).

He's no Vinny, when Vinny got 3,732 Yards, he threw 25 INT's (to 21 TD's).  With a First Ballot HOF Running Back.

Kenny O', my favorite Jets QB of all time, his best was pretty great, no doubt, Almost 3,900 yards, 25 TD's and only 8 INT's.  

Who was the first ballot HOF'er it wasn't Martin..

Actually I haven't mentioned Geno in months.  You on the other hand can't write a post without saying something about Geno.  Here's a clue.  Saying Fitz is better than Geno then saying Geno sucks doesn't help Fitz.  Why can't you just talk about how well Fitz has been playing?  I get it, you read my post above and realized your the kind of miserable fan I was talking about. 

SMH

incapable?  I'm enjoying Fitz and everything he's giving us.  That doesn't make him better than KO, Vinny or Chad.   So what?  

I can't compliment Fitz?  Sure WF, that's what I would take away from what I wrote.  What is it with you? FB

great call. see below.

Actually I haven't mentioned Geno in months.  You on the other hand can't write a post without saying something about Geno.  Here's a clue.  Saying Fitz is better than Geno then saying Geno sucks doesn't help Fitz.  Why can't you just talk about how well Fitz has been playing?  I get it, you read my post above and realized your the kind of miserable fan I was talking about. 

and the Defense of Geno clock is reset after "months" of not mentioning him. That's a shame.

incapable?  I'm enjoying Fitz and everything he's giving us.  That doesn't make him better than KO, Vinny or Chad.   So what?  

I can't compliment Fitz?  Sure WF, that's what I would take away from what I wrote.  What is it with you? FB

Next INT Fitz throws you will be all over him like honey on a hot biscuit

great call. see below.

and the Defense of Geno clock is reset after "months" of not mentioning him. That's a shame.

Next INT Fitz throws you will be all over him like honey on a hot biscuit

WTF are you talking about?  The next INT I'll say what?  Based on what, fool?  A reset?  What? 

Great call?  How fool?  Again, I haven mentioned Geno.  He's done.  So what's your excuse for making another dumb comment?

Go back to saying the same things over and over.  Makes you foolish and boring as all hell. 

WTF are you talking about?  The next INT I'll what?  Based on what fool?  

Go back to saying the same things over and over.  Makes you foolish and boring as all hell. 

The fact that you are flailing like a drunk for a nachos grande at Taco Bell at 3am over my words is all the evidence I need that you'll be foaming at the mouth next time Fitz slips up. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that you are flailing like a drunk at Taco Bell at 3am over my words is all the evidence I need that you'll be foaming at the mouth next time Fitz slips up. Thanks

Flailing?  

I'll out of nowhere start criticizing Fitz?  You see dead people too?  

Not only do you feel the need to defend Fitz until people want to puke, you're defending criticism that you've dreamed will come based on voices in your head.  Or something equally dumb. 

Not out of nowhere you'll wait for an opportune time to strike like all cowards.

Strike like a coward?  Grow up fool.  You sound like an idiot wrapped up in a make believe cyber world.  

You just know i'll insult your man, so youre insulting me now.  There, that will show me. Lol.  Go post another Geno sucks post.  As if anyone is impressed or gives a shlt at this point

Strike like a coward?  Grow up fool.  You sound like an idiot wrapped up in a make believe cyber world.  

You just know i'll insult your man, so youre insulting me now.  There, that will show me. Lol.  Go post another Geno sucks post.  As if anyone is impressed or gives a shlt at this point

For a guy who doesn't give a "shlt" you're spending a lot of time squatting.

Archived