Extend Fitz NOW

jgb

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Only when the usual suspects trot out the usual "you don't know anything about football" foolishness.

About the Jets 2016 season?  Clearly.  

You've written this year off already and it couldn't be any more clear.

Yeah. 

Listen, I don't have faith in Fitzpatrick, it's 100% true. But when I'm pessimistic about the team, I hope I'm wrong; just as when I'm optimistic, I hope I'm right. I'll watch every game this year, rooting for the everyone in green laundry. 

Oh, and as for your butt hurt comment, again, I have nothing to be butt hurt about. I've been consistent in expecting Fitz to resign. It was no surprise. I also said I'd be disappointed if they did the one year deal, and I am. But my ass is fine. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah. 

Listen, I don't have faith in Fitzpatrick, it's 100% true. But when I'm pessimistic about the team, I hope I'm wrong; just as when I'm optimistic, I hope I'm right. I'll watch every game this year, rooting for the everyone in green laundry. 

Oh, and as for your butt hurt comment, again, I have nothing to be butt hurt about. I'm been consistent in expecting Fitz to resign. It was no surprise. I also said I'd be disappointed if they did the one year deal, and I am. But my ass is fine. 

Good to know.  

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah. 

Oh, and as for your butt hurt comment, again, I have nothing to be butt hurt about. I'm been consistent in expecting Fitz to resign. It was no surprise. I also said I'd be disappointed if they did the one year deal, and I am. But my ass is fine. 

Nothing to be disappointed about . It's a 1 year deal in reality but a 2 yr deal on paper for cap purposes . I am glad this crap is finally over, but I was hoping he didn't come back all the while knowing nobody in their right mind would leave 9 mil dollars on the table .  Geno Smith has stunk up the joint for 2 yrs as the starting QB and nobody here thinks he can improve . Fitzpatrick hasn't made the playoffs in his entire career, and these same folks think he can lead the jets to the playoffs and a possible championship coming off last season when our opponents for the coming season will all most likely have upper echelon defenses compared to the cream puffs we played against last yr .

Losing is losing, but if you lose trying to build, I can deal with it .  What exactly are we trying to build with a 34 yr old Journeyman QB  other than a coaching resume .

Boomer

O'Donnel

Testaverde

Favre

Vick

Fitzpatrick

When the frill will we learn .  The closest we came was Pennington and he couldn't stay healthy  . We need to develop a QB and quit with this merry go round of Old Soldiers coming here to die .

23 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah. 

Listen, I don't have faith in Fitzpatrick, it's 100% true.

Tell us something we didn't know half a year ago.

23 minutes ago, slats said:

But my ass is fine. 

Sure it is.  We'll see how true that is when the season starts, and you post about it.  

Like I said, a bunch more necro'ing and told-you-so'ing will tell the tale, no matter what you claim to the contrary.

26 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Nothing to be disappointed about . It's a 1 year deal in reality but a 2 yr deal on paper for cap purposes . I am glad this crap is finally over, but I was hoping he didn't come back all the while knowing nobody in their right mind would leave 9 mil dollars on the table .  Geno Smith has stunk up the joint for 2 yrs as the starting QB and nobody here thinks he can improve . Fitzpatrick hasn't made the playoffs in his entire career, and these same folks think he can lead the jets to the playoffs and a possible championship coming off last season when our opponents for the coming season will all most likely have upper echelon defenses compared to the cream puffs we played against last yr .

Losing is losing, but if you lose trying to build, I can deal with it .  What exactly are we trying to build with a 34 yr old Journeyman QB  other than a coaching resume .

Boomer

O'Donnel

Testaverde

Favre

Vick

Fitzpatrick

When the frill will we learn .  The closest we came was Pennington and he couldn't stay healthy  . We need to develop a QB and quit with this merry go round of Old Soldiers coming here to die .

We're a win now team and there weren't any great qb prospects in the last draft especially where we were drafting.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

We're a win now team and there weren't any great qb prospects in the last draft especially where we were drafting.

Exactly what does this fan base expect to win with this team and this QB ?  If this team made it to the playoffs, I would be a happy fan. If we made it to the SB I would be partying in the streets .  Now Let's be honest, who believes we have any chance at a long playoff run .

Mangold is getting old and slow. Giacomini should really be cut . The starting QB is 34 and his 2 starting WRs are long in the tooth  even if still solid . What exactly are we developing here. We're placating a miserable fan base and the media . We have no young OLmen worth talking about. We have no young RBs worth talking about. Our Young receivers show promise, but who will they build a continuity with at QB.

We're fooling ourselves with this crap.  

Does our present team remind anyone of the Walt Michaels teams or The Parcells teams or the Herman Edwards or Rex Ryan teams . We build solid defensive teams but because we have no QB worth talking about, we win just enough to continue on this roller coaster .

I want a QB, and I don't care if I have to loose 10 games a yr until we develop 1 . It takes about 3 years  in the same scheme to develop a solid franchise QB. We have 3 young guys with all the tools, and we need to invest the time in them instead of what the frill we keep doing .

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tell us something we didn't know half a year ago.

Sure it is.  We'll see how true that is when the season starts, and you post about it.  

Like I said, a bunch more necro'ing and told-you-so'ing will tell the tale, no matter what you claim to the contrary.

Lol, this might be the first thread I've ever necro'd. Now that I know how wadded it gets your panties, I'll act accordingly in the future. 

And when the season rolls around, I'll post my opinions about how players performed in games. Apparently it's something that I think is fun. Let's hope I have nothing but positive things to say about Fitz. 

56 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, this might be the first thread I've ever necro'd. Now that I know how wadded it gets your panties, I'll act accordingly in the future. 

Doesn't get me wadded at all mate, I love a good occasional Necro.  

Of course, I'm not a Mod here to enforce the forum rules, and necro'ing old threads to gloat is generally not allowed on any forum anywhere.  

56 minutes ago, slats said:

And when the season rolls around, I'll post my opinions about how players performed in games. Apparently it's something that I think is fun. Let's hope I have nothing but positive things to say about Fitz. 

Save the sarcasm mate, you're not fooling anyone.  

Archived