NE Observations

KRL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These two points are related IMO.  It is exactly why I believe the Patriots intentionally (and understandably) wanted to kick off in the OT.  They had zero confidence in their ability to move the ball against this Jets defense, let alone to score a winning TD in overtime.  Their only hope to win was to stop the Jets on D and then win with a long FG. 

Exactty right.

The game in Foxboro could have gone either way. If Marshall doesn't have a case of the dropsies, we probably win.  Jets can play with the Pats; deal with it. 

pplease dont start playing that "if" game with me. Cause that can go either way. And nobody said the jets couldn't play with the pats.

I just ask a poster to clarified the pats being lucky? I seen nothing that said luck. Sensitive.

These two points are related IMO.  It is exactly why I believe the Patriots intentionally (and understandably) wanted to kick off in the OT.  They had zero confidence in their ability to move the ball against this Jets defense, let alone to score a winning TD in overtime.  Their only hope to win was to stop the Jets on D and then win with a long FG. 

you are 100% correct. BB said it. He was goin with the better unity to close the game. And for that game it was his defense. I have no problem with the call

Yes, the Pats were banged up....but the Jets were clearly the better team on the field today.  It was actually very enjoyable to watch a Jet team legitimately better than a Pats team.

This wasn't the case of the Jets having things go their way and winning a fluke...Jets beat THIS Pats team 8 out of 10 times.  With Edelman and Amendola, I don't know but today...this wasn't a fluke...Fact is the Pats were lucky this was even close.

Even though you picked the Pats to win.

Even though you picked the Pats to win.

Really????? I thought I was pretty close to what actually happened.

Posted  · Report post

Two questions for me...

1) Is the offense capable of putting up 24 to 27 points?

2) Can the special teams play mistake free (don't have to be great but can't give up points)

Even with the banged up Pats, it's gonna take a strong offensive performance to win.

I think they pull it out - 27-24

I took the Jets and was actually pretty close to what was needed....

Posted  · Report post

Two questions for me...

1) Is the offense capable of putting up 24 to 27 points?

2) Can the special teams play mistake free (don't have to be great but can't give up points)

Even with the banged up Pats, it's gonna take a strong offensive performance to win.

I think they pull it out - 27-24

LOL. Ok maybe I confused you with someone else. But I like your passionate defense.

pplease dont start playing that "if" game with me. Cause that can go either way. And nobody said the jets couldn't play with the pats.

I just ask a poster to clarified the pats being lucky? I seen nothing that said luck. Sensitive.

No one is sensitive. Just sick as **** of Pat fans. Can't wait for Brady to retire so you can become a Steelers fan. 

Pats dropped 11 passes that game.

That would have been a huge blowout.

Keep telling yourself that. Patrick Chung grabbed Cumberlands' arm before the ball arrived in the end zone and no flag was thrown (surprise!).  Cry me a river about dropped passes. 

What are you talking about?  We've been one of the best teams in the league all year at shutting down TE's.  Only 2 TD's allowed to TE's all season long.  Sure Gronk had a nice day, but he's the best in the game for a reason.

Gronk been beat the jets for years and everyone knew he was going to get the 4 and 7 ,the Jets just let him run down the field, I like to slow him down at the line, Dallas TE had a good game 

Gronk been beat the jets for years and everyone knew he was going to get the 4 and 7 ,the Jets just let him run down the field, I like to slow him down at the line, Dallas TE had a good game 

Gronk went 4-86 and 0 TDs. Witten went 5-49 0 TDs. Delanie Walker went 7-71 0 TDs. Three of the best in the game, no TDs. The Jets have been markedly improved against TEs thanks to better safety play and the switch of Henderson in for Davis on passing downs.

Everyone would like to do that.  But slowing him down at the line would mean putting a LB on him.  Then, when he breaks the press defense with ease, he'd outrun our slow LB for a 30 yard pickup.  Would that be preferable? 

We put Revis on Gronk a bunch, and the result was that he got a pick on a throw intended for Gronk and the guy was also kept out of the end zone like Carl said.  What more can you ask for?

Hasselback just said on ESPN that Brady & BB were basically saying "no mas"  to our pass rush with the coin flip decision hoping to get a three and out and then win via a FG. 

Brady really looked soft and scared (at least for one day) when pressured.

Richardson was killing them. They tried to get help on him then came Mo and Leo the Lion. 

I'm not usually one to harp on the Pats getting away with things, but what did they have?  One penalty?  The one  mentioned above on the TD was obvious.  The guy had his hand inside Mauldin's facemask.  No call.  Give me a ******* break. 

Revis seemed to be doing a great job on Gronk.  I understand them wanting to mix it up, but as Irish pointed out, they did seem to be letting the Pats dictate the coverage by letting him motion away from Revis. 

I think some of the confusion on OT stemmed from the Pats wanting to defer.  They expected to pick the end zone, but they said they choose to kick.  Then the guy was complaining because the Jets got choice of direction.  I'm not sure how much it mattered because Gostowski was booming them out of either end zone on the kickoffs.  I'm not sure there was any wind.

That last play call was a thing of beauty.  For Decker to be outside the CB with that much room to the sideline?  That is unstoppable. 

Nice recap- this game we also got good special teams for maybe the first time this year.

Nick Folk's injury, like Geno's before him has actually put the better player next up. Randy Bullock has been the best thing that has happened to the Jets special teams. Sure he missed a couple, but the ST KO coverage is no longer a factor since Bullock kicks them out of the end zone on almost every kick off. Even Quigley seems to have benefitted from a kick coverage unit that isn't worn out from covering EVERY Folk KO.

This just 'feels' like a team of destiny to me, and I truly believe that the Jets are going to blow the Bills out on Sunday. Right now we have the hottest QB in the conference and the top 1-2 punch at receiver on our team our 1-2-3 RB attack is gelling at the right time and Enunwa has turned into this generation's Richard Caster. The Jets are perhaps the best team in the AFC, if they can get a few breaks and not get screwed over by the Pats-loving zebras this could be a Super Bowl team.

No one is sensitive. Just sick as **** of Pat fans. Can't wait for Brady to retire so you can become a Steelers fan. 

These fans are the biggest jerkoffs in sports. I play golf with a few NE transplants. They literally watch the game with wine, cheese and act like winning is a given certainty.  they never expect to lose and act like each game is a coronation of BB and Tom Brady.

Any fan under age 35 has no idea that the PATS were in the SB in 95 and 85.

Nick Folk's injury, like Geno's before him has actually put the better player next up. Randy Bullock has been the best thing that has happened to the Jets special teams. Sure he missed a couple, but the ST KO coverage is no longer a factor since Bullock kicks them out of the end zone on almost every kick off. Even Quigley seems to have benefitted from a kick coverage unit that isn't worn out from covering EVERY Folk KO.

This just 'feels' like a team of destiny to me, and I truly believe that the Jets are going to blow the Bills out on Sunday. Right now we have the hottest QB in the conference and the top 1-2 punch at receiver on our team our 1-2-3 RB attack is gelling at the right time and Enunwa has turned into this generation's Richard Caster. The Jets are perhaps the best team in the AFC, if they can get a few breaks and not get screwed over by the Pats-loving zebras this could be a Super Bowl team.

Still disagree on this assertion.  Yes, its true that without that 49-yard FG its very possibly we don't win yesterday's game.  But that doesn't make me any less nervous when he's out there kicking FG's. 

The coaching staff flat out does not trust him to kick 50+ yarders, which good kickers are supposed to make at least half the time.  The upside to that is I think teams need to go for it more often on 4th down when they're within the opposing team's 40 like we have been doing, as most of the time the field position "gained" by a punt is negligible, and punters tend to send those into the end zone a lot of the time anyways.  The pros of picking up the first, meanwhile, are huge.  So in a weird way it adds a benefit.  But that doesn't make him an upgrade to Folk by any means.

The kickoff argument is decent but is he really averaging more touchbacks than Folk did?

Enunwa does remind me of Rich Caster. Enunwa of course is bigger. Hope he can continue to improve. He started raw.

These fans are the biggest jerkoffs in sports. I play golf with a few NE transplants. They literally watch the game with wine, cheese and act like winning is a given certainty.  they never expect to lose and act like each game is a coronation of BB and Tom Brady.

Any fan under age 35 has no idea that the PATS were in the SB in 95 and 85.

I always find this funny. Not saying this is how all pats fan act, but I know jet fans aren't telling me if the shoe was on the other foot. You guys wouldn't act the same way?

Really?  Can't agree here.

While they came out strong, it seemed like Belichick attacked them aggressively starting in the second half and that was really the reason that the Pats got back in the game.  Back to back 3-and-outs, followed by another quickly stalling drive, all because of collapsing the offensive line.  The running game stalled and we couldn't chew clock and get first downs when we needed them.

In my opinion, I think the O-line is a serious weak link on this team, which will need to be addressed in the offseason.  Mind you, they're not awful, but they can be overpowered, and I think we saw it today, we saw it against Dallas, and we definitely saw it against Houston.  Fortunately, we only lost one of those games.

We've given up the least amount of sacks this season.  Our running game has not been great, and yes the OL could do better at that, but Ivory also misses a lot of holes.  He takes blame as well for our running woes.  "Serious weak link" goes way too far when describing our OL.  Either you're implying the rest of the O is full of HOF's or you are severely discounting the OL.  They're not the Hogs of Washington, but they're not that bad either.  You wanna see bad go watch the Giants game.  That OL is horrid. 

Still disagree on this assertion.  Yes, its true that without that 49-yard FG its very possibly we don't win yesterday's game.  But that doesn't make me any less nervous when he's out there kicking FG's. 

The coaching staff flat out does not trust him to kick 50+ yarders, which good kickers are supposed to make at least half the time.  The upside to that is I think teams need to go for it more often on 4th down when they're within the opposing team's 40 like we have been doing, as most of the time the field position "gained" by a punt is negligible, and punters tend to send those into the end zone a lot of the time anyways.  The pros of picking up the first, meanwhile, are huge.  So in a weird way it adds a benefit.  But that doesn't make him an upgrade to Folk by any means.

The kickoff argument is decent but is he really averaging more touchbacks than Folk did?

80- Bullock has kicked off 38 times with 18 touchbacks and a 23.3 return average and he's an 87% FG kicker this year (13-15). While Nick Folk before the injury strangely enough had almost the same amount of tries 39 KO's but only had 13 TBs and a 23.2 average return. His FG% this year was 81.3% (13-16) So STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, this year, they are basically the same guy with the one exception; Bullock's touchback ability on kickoffs

Archived