Who are we rooting for Monday night?

Root for the Bengals to maximize our playoff chances.

If we win next week we're in no matter what.

If we lose next week, we would need PIT to lose, or DEN to lose twice, including tomorrow night.  So DEN losing gives us a second chance to back into the playoffs.

Hate to even talk about it, but the reality is, that's the better outcome of that game.  The other nice thing is that CIN could still get the #1 seed if they win out and the Pats manage to lose next week (doubtful but who knows).

If we lose to Bills that's SOJ. This hasn't felt like SOJ all year basically. It would be a monumental disappointment.

It would be, but this team has avoided that trap all year. Plus I look at the Bills and I see several factors.

1. We played horribly against them at the Meadowlands. Had 4 turnovers. And lost by 5 points. 

2. The Bills are very banged up. McCoy, Clay, Dareus, and Darby are all questionable to play. Especially McCoy, who killed us in the first matchup

Not just for the potential 2nd chance at backing in, but if we're in after beating Buffalo I'd rather have a Dalton-less Cincy as one of the teams to beat than Denver. Dalton's thumb probably won't likely be fully 100% until next season even if/when he comes back for the playoffs in January. As a WC team it would be nice to potentially play a road game vs a #2 or #1 seed with no QB than one with a QB.

With some guys coming back from injuries, Denver could bounce back on D and start to look like the 2000 Ravens Part II again. With that, if things just start to click for Osweiler, and they start putting some points on the board more regularly than once a month, it would change Denver from a wounded animal into a favorite in a hurry.

It would be, but this team has avoided that trap all year. Plus I look at the Bills and I see several factors.

1. We played horribly against them at the Meadowlands. Had 4 turnovers. And lost by 5 points. 

2. The Bills are very banged up. McCoy, Clay, Dareus, and Darby are all questionable to play. Especially McCoy, who killed us in the first matchup

Yeah we agree. Would be a terrible time for SOJ to rear its ugly head but I just don't see it. I think Rex will try his flim flam act to "motivate" the Bills but I don't think they follow

If we lose next week, we would need PIT to lose, or DEN to lose twice, including tomorrow night.  So DEN losing gives us a second chance to back into the playoffs.

Hate to even talk about it, but the reality is, that's the better outcome of that game.  The other nice thing is that CIN could still get the #1 seed if they win out and the Pats manage to lose next week (doubtful but who knows).

This.

That's what lucky ass pats will draw is there any doubt

Only if they fall out of homefield advantage.  With Houston locked into the 4-seed, there is no possibility they'd be facing the Texans in the Divisional round with the top seed.

This would require the Pats losing to the Jets and Dolphins in back-to-back weeks. 

As was said above if Denver loses two in a row we are in regardless but I'd rather beat the Bills.

Also if Denver loses tonight and we win next week we would get the 5 spot instead of 6.  While it is probably only a 1% chance of happening we would still have a 1% chance instead of 0% chance of having a home AFC Championship game if we made it that far.

What he said.

Root for the Bengals. 

If the Bengals win, even if we lose next week we can still make the playoffs if Denver loses or Pittsburgh loses. 

Also, if Denver, Chiefs, and Jets finish at 11-5, Chiefs win the West, Jets move to the 5 seed and Denver falls to 6. Under this scenario the Jets will play Houston and Denver will play Kansas City on Wildcard weekend. 

Imagine if Jets and Broncos win on wildcard weekend, and divisional weekend, and then the Jets wind up hosting the AFCCG at the Meadowlands, that would be unbelievable. 

i don't think i have EVER been more interested in a non-Jets game. These two teams are basically the Jets road to the Super Bowl. This is an opportunity to do some scouting before the playoffs. 

Cincy on wildcard weekend looks inevitable, and it's a VERY winnable game when you consider their lengthy history of playoff chokes and the questionable status of Andy dalton. Beating the patriots at foxboro is a reach, but we know them inside out and nearly did it last time, 3rd times the charm. Finally, that sets up a championship game at Mile High, which is a scary prospect but again, winnable when you consider the inconsistency of their offense. A low scoring, run heavy game would suit us, and Osweiler hasn't played a defense as good as this one...he is still a greenhorn, might be too soon for him. We can pull off a win over there and make it to the Super Bowl...

nobody would bet on a 6th seed to win 3 straight away games and make the Superbowl, but it's extremely doable when you look at the state of the AFC, which lacks a clear cut favorite. You know who else won 3 straight away games to make the Super Bowl? The Giants in 2007. Why not us. 

denver will beat McCarron and co. tonight and we'll win at buffalo. Bring it on. 

i don't think i have EVER been more interested in a non-Jets game. These two teams are basically the Jets road to the Super Bowl. This is an opportunity to do some scouting before the playoffs. 

Cincy on wildcard weekend looks inevitable, and it's a VERY winnable game when you consider their lengthy history of playoff chokes and the questionable status of Andy dalton. Beating the patriots at foxboro is a reach, but we know them inside out and nearly did it last time, 3rd times the charm. Finally, that sets up a championship game at Mile High, which is a scary prospect but again, winnable when you consider the inconsistency of their offense. A low scoring, run heavy game would suit us, and Osweiler hasn't played a defense as good as this one...he is still a greenhorn, might be too soon for him. We can pull off a win over there and make it to the Super Bowl...

nobody would bet on a 6th seed to win 3 straight away games and make the Superbowl, but it's extremely doable when you look at the state of the AFC, which lacks a clear cut favorite. You know who else won 3 straight away games to make the Super Bowl? The Giants in 2007. Why not us. 

denver will beat McCarron and co. tonight and we'll win at buffalo. Bring it on. 

Agreed. I'm very interested in this game -- I haven't seen Cincy play since McCarron took over so I want to get a look at them.

Go Bungles!

Archived