Bills injury updates MON 12/28

jetscrazey

From a Bills beat writer....

Charles Clay out, McCoy questionable.  Sounds to me like they want the Jets to game plan for McCoy but he likely won't play with their season over.

2h2 hours ago

Ryan adds that the team might be cautious with McCoy and that Clay will not play.

Marcell Dareus sounds probable at this point

2h2 hours ago

Rex: Marcell had a pinched nerve, a stinger. We're hoping to get him back.

Also, looks like Rex will experiment with a new safety:

1h

Rex says the will be giving Jonathan Meeks a look at safety in Week 17 after seeing just how much Rambo's shoulder affected his play.

Ryan: I recognize the toughness but if he's going to be hampered as much as he looked like... I want to get Meeks in there anyway.

Finally, the Bills will be without key special teamer WR Easley

2h2 hours ago

Rex on Easley: This is a major, major injury. ... He dislocated his knee cap but also broke his knee in three spots.

It would be highly irresponsible of Rex to rush him back from an injury to play him in a meaningless (to the Bills) game.

Rex is an entirely irresponsible Head Coach.  This game is very important to him.  In his childish, self granulizing way - sweeping the Jets might be more important to him than getting in the playoffs.  Now, Shady does what Shady wants - so if he doesn't feel 100% he won't play.

The guy is just someone that can score from anywhere on the field and that worries me....He's the only guy on that team that can hurt us.  

Also this is a nice series of built-in excuses for Rex right now to keep his job next year.  Sort of like Jason Garrett in Dallas.

You mean nothing like Jason Garrett, who lost the most important player on a unipolar team not once but twice. Rex losses cogs and acts like someone tripped and pulled the plug on the entire apparatus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean nothing like Jason Garrett, who lost the most important player on a unipolar team not once but twice. Rex losses cogs and acts like someone tripped and pulled the plug on the entire apparatus.

Fair, I just put Garrett in that same group because he seems like one of those "cat with 9 lives" types.  I'm always amazed he keeps coming back every year.  The problems in Dallas run far deeper than Romo's injury.  They brought in way too many thugs in the offseason, and Garrett is not the right coach for that formula.  Basically no coach is right for that formula, but especially not Garrett.

I bet it would have been a lot different in buffalo if the bills were in the AFC Championship game this year.  

Bingo.  Especially considering the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years.  I think us Jets fans should be excused for a "grace period" beyond those 2009 & '10 campaigns.  Many wanted him gone after 2011 or 2012, which is really when the Jets should have moved on in hindsight.  All but about 5 % of us stepped off the bandwagon some time in 2013 or 2014.  I was in that last group (2014 was when I finally stopped supporting him) because I'm stupid.

Bingo.  Especially considering the Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years.  I think us Jets fans should be excused for a "grace period" beyond those 2009 & '10 campaigns.  Many wanted him gone after 2011 or 2012, which is really when the Jets should have moved on in hindsight.  All but about 5 % of us stepped off the bandwagon some time in 2013 or 2014.  I was in that last group (2014 was when I finally stopped supporting him) because I'm stupid.

i actually didn't like the rex ryan hire from the start.  i hated that first press conference when he said he wasn't here to kiss BB's rings.  and when he was guaranteeing the super bowl.  but after he took the team to the AFCC i fell for it.  

i actually didn't like the rex ryan hire from the start.  i hated that first press conference when he said he wasn't here to kiss BB's rings.  and when he was guaranteeing the super bowl.  but after he took the team to the AFCC not once but twice, i fell for it.  

Yeah, there was definitely concern that he got passed over by Ozzie Newsome.  There was also concern that he'd only had success because of how super talented that Raven defense was.  But other than just a small % of Jets fans, everyone was thinking maybe the Ravens got that one wrong for a little while.  You couldn't not enjoy that 2010 season if you own green & white Jets gear and have a pulse.  That was one of my top 3 favorite seasons being a Jets fan in my lifetime.

Rex earned some grace after those first two years but fact is it became undeniable that his short comings were innate and immutable. I was also in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there was definitely concern that he got passed over by Ozzie Newsome.  There was also concern that he'd only had success because of how super talented that Raven defense was.  But other than just a small % of Jets fans, everyone was thinking maybe the Ravens got that one wrong for a little while.  You couldn't not enjoy that 2010 season if you own green & white Jets gear and have a pulse.  That was one of my top 3 favorite seasons being a Jets fan in my lifetime.

no doubt.  the 2009 and 2010 runs were awesome.  

Rex was actually a better head coach in 2010 than he is now. Plus, his defense has been figured out and he refuses to adjust. Rex us dangerous this Sunday because when he us eliminated he gets less conservative and the team plays better. Was a large part of why I wanted to see what Geno had, because when he was allowed to play he did well. I want us to destroy Rex, and see him fired in 6 days.

Don't see how Dareus is "probable" right now.  He suffered a neck injury during which he lost sensation in his hand.  They SHOULD be playing it safe with him.  But probably won't because Rex.

Your season is over.  Why would you play anyone in a game that can only cost you draft position when someone has a spinal type injury?

Archived