Marshall and Decker TD record.

Jet_Engine1

Marshall and Decker surpassed the record held by Moss and Carter of most games with TD receptions as a tandem in a season with 8 games. With that JAG Fitzpatrick throwing to them.

That's something Peyton Manning never did with Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Nor did Brady with Moss and Welker.

Or Favre....

So you guys trying to discount what Fitz has done for this team, and dismiss the Team Records he'll probably tie or set, and ignore the fact that IK Emkenpali SAVED this team from another year or two of mediocre at best, embarrassing at worst play and "leadership" from Geno Smith don't have a leg to stand on, and just look like insipid "haters" at this point.

Fitz is the Jets QB, now and for the next few years. Deal with it, or go root for the Jaguars or something. You've all become bores at this point.

Marshall and Decker surpassed the record held by Moss and Carter of most games with TD receptions as a tandem in a season with 8 games. With that JAG Fitzpatrick throwing to them.

That's something Peyton Manning never did with Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Nor did Brady with Moss and Welker.

Or Favre....

So you guys trying to discount what Fitz has done for this team, and dismiss the Team Records he'll probably tie or set, and ignore the fact that IK Emkenpali SAVED this team from another year or two of mediocre at best, embarrassing at worst play and "leadership" from Geno Smith don't have a leg to stand on, and just look like insipid "haters" at this point.

Fitz is the Jets QB, now and for the next few years. Deal with it, or go root for the Jaguars or something. You've all become bores at this point.

Plus Marshall has done what no other W/R has ever done 6 years of catching 100 + passes.. Rice had 4 seasons of 100+ and one could say had better QB's throwing to him then what Brandon did..

Over time as Fitz and all the players on offense settled in and got comfortable with the schemes, you're really seeing the real capabilities of this offense.  The biggest sign of Fitz's progression this year is not even so much the Marshall/Decker accomplishment (which is enormous by the way), but the fact you're seeing him scanning the entire field and hitting guys like Thompkins and Enunwa far more often now.  He's reading to 4 progressions, which is a huge step for a QB to make in the NFL.  And also a huge testament to the OL giving him time to do so. 

Look, these records are great and all, but shouldn't everything that's happened since like '05 get an asterisk or something? I can't help but think how more absurd the Niners would have been in the 80s if you couldn't touch receivers. It's like trying to compare scorers in basketball since they changed the hand checking rules.

Look, these records are great and all, but shouldn't everything that's happened since like '05 get an asterisk or something? I can't help but think how more absurd the Niners would have been in the 80s if you couldn't touch receivers. It's like trying to compare scorers in basketball since they changed the hand checking rules.

Point. Missssed.....

yah it's so complicated ?

First off, I only mentioned occurrences of QB/WR combos who weren't able to match the Carter-Moss Combo record in the past decade. So yes, I do agree that the rule changes have a huge impact. But that really wasn't the point of the thread at all.

Some "Jets Fans" here have a perverse need to denigrate our current QB who is literally having a Franchise Year for this team. The production of our wide receivers and Offense in general as reflected in that record show how good of a year the guy is having. That's all. Not trying to be a dick towards you. It just really wasn't the point of the post.

First off, I only mentioned occurrences of QB/WR combos who weren't able to match the Carter-Moss Combo record in the past decade. So yes, I do agree that the rule changes have a huge impact. But that really wasn't the point of the thread at all.

Some "Jets Fans" here have a perverse need to denigrate our current QB who is literally having a Franchise Year for this team. The production of our wide receivers and Offense in general as reflected in that record show how good of a year the guy is having. That's all. Not trying to be a dick towards you. It just really wasn't the point of the post.

Fukk it...   it hasnt been this much fun in a LONG TIME!  We all see FITZY doesn't pass the eye test but yet he is putting up REAL stats and REAL wins.

So....  walk like a duck, talk like a duck, he is a duck IMO.

I have NO PROBLEM re-signing him and lets plan on him as our QB for next 2 years.

The rules favoring the Offense started in the late 70's so that wouldn't have affected the 49'ers in the 80's..

Fukk it...   it hasnt been this much fun in a LONG TIME!  We all see FITZY doesn't pass the eye test but yet he is putting up REAL stats and REAL wins.

I have NO PROBLEM re-signing him and lets plan on him as our QB for next 2 years.

Was never a big Fitz supporter, but he has proved a lot and there's no better option for the next couple years.

Great situation for the Jets, a competent, inexpensive QB.

Even considering that, they are only ones to do it since then; when have the Jets ever lead positive offensive stats?

Over time as Fitz and all the players on offense settled in and got comfortable with the schemes, you're really seeing the real capabilities of this offense.  The biggest sign of Fitz's progression this year is not even so much the Marshall/Decker accomplishment (which is enormous by the way), but the fact you're seeing him scanning the entire field and hitting guys like Thompkins and Enunwa far more often now.  He's reading to 4 progressions, which is a huge step for a QB to make in the NFL.  And also a huge testament to the OL giving him time to do so. 

In addition to what you just said, the cutdown of interceptions shows that he's doing a much better job with the offense in reading the defenses and not turning the ball over.  Something of a rarity in jet nation over the last 6yrs or so

except Favre went 1 and 5 to finish the season and had no heart for the JETS. 

Not the point, I know how it ended but he had the offense rolling until he got hurt.

Was only answering the question when was the last time we had a top offense.  

The rules favoring the Offense started in the late 70's so that wouldn't have affected the 49'ers in the 80's..

I'm talking about the PI rules. This 5-yards sh*t, like the numbers Al Toon would have put up if you couldn't hit receivers after 5 yards would have been nuts. Actually, not hit, just touch. You can't even touch a guy anymore without drawing a flag. I just feel like we're celebrating records that don't even happen within the same context anymore.

Excellent observation.

I'm talking about the PI rules. This 5-yards sh*t, like the numbers Al Toon would have put up if you couldn't hit receivers after 5 yards would have been nuts. Actually, not hit, just touch. You can't even touch a guy anymore without drawing a flag. I just feel like we're celebrating records that don't even happen within the same context anymore.

The 5 yard deal was also called the Mel Blount rule and that happened in the late 70's.. It also depends on who the refs are and if your Tom Brady or not..LOL I was surprised the one penalty they called on the Pats was Decker getting ridden by a Pat DB..

The 5 yard deal was also called the Mel Blount rule and that happened in the late 70's.. It also depends on who the refs are and if your Tom Brady or not..LOL I was surprised the one penalty they called on the Pats was Decker getting ridden by a Pat DB..

The rules are a lot different today than in the 70's, 80, 90's.  They keep adjusting the way the rules are called.  They made a big change in after Pats vs Indy too

So then why has no one else done it if it is easy nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I guess we sucked for the duck. ?

Archived