Yankees trade for Reds closer Aroldis Chapman

Morrissey

Great move by the Yankees. They are now head and shoulders above any other pen in baseball. Of course, the problem will be getting to said pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

focus on your own team you guys looked absolutely pathetic facing a soft mets team

They only receive a comp pick if they submit a qualifying offer. And maybe he agrees to that offer. 

If they do get the comp pick, then they would have received a comp pick for a 2013 first round draft pick (Jagielo) and other players. Unless Chapman takes them to the playoffs next year, difficult to say that is necessarily a net plus.

Most likely a trade occurs between now and July.

I'm aware of the rules, and there is no chance he's agrees to a qualifying offer (and if he does for some strange reason then we have an elite closer for another season) But he'll have plenty of suitors via trade or free agency once he's passed all this.

Jagielo was a bad 1st round pick. Would love a re-do, but I do agree I think we would net more via trade.

They only receive a comp pick if they submit a qualifying offer. And maybe he agrees to that offer. 

If they do get the comp pick, then they would have received a comp pick for a 2013 first round draft pick (Jagielo) and other players. Unless Chapman takes them to the playoffs next year, difficult to say that is necessarily a net plus.

Most likely a trade occurs between now and July.

I don't think Chapman would accept a qualifying offer, it's only a 1 year deal.  He can go FA and get a 4-5 year guarenteed.  I agree, getting a comp pick is a shot in the dark, may be good, maybe not.  But man, in a short series (if they can get there) they can really just tell the starters to go all out for 5-6 innings and let the pen take over.

I don't think Chapman would accept a qualifying offer, it's only a 1 year deal.  He can go FA and get a 4-5 year guarenteed.  I agree, getting a comp pick is a shot in the dark, may be good, maybe not.  But man, in a short series (if they can get there) they can really just tell the starters to go all out for 5-6 innings and let the pen take over.

That's the issue. The staff has had problems giving them any kind of length due to injuries or performance.    C.C. led the team in innings.....granted Girardi would often leave him in to rest the pen.

I still think if the Yanks are all about getting younger that they should be monitoring the Jose Fernandez situation in Florida now that they have this excess of elite relievers.

That's the issue. The staff has had problems giving them any kind of length due to injuries or performance.    C.C. led the team in innings.....granted Girardi would often leave him in to rest the pen.

I still think if the Yanks are all about getting younger then they should be monitoring the Jose Fernandez situation in Florida now that they have this excess of elite relievers.

focus on your own team you guys looked absolutely pathetic facing a soft mets team

My team eliminated the teams with the best and second best records in baseball. They also have perhaps the most loaded young offense since the Indians of the 90's, not to mention the reigning Cy Young Award winner.

Your team is old as sh*t and slowly fading into the same obscurity that the Mets found themselves in for the better part of the last decade. But, hey, they have a killer bullpen. I praised the move, by the way. No need to be a dick. I can comment on any damn team I please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You weren't saying that when you used a Cubs avatar for 2 f*cking weeks and said you were "rooting soooo hard" for them.  The Cubs fans on this board have been nothing other than cool and respectful, and I'm proud as sh*t my "soft" Mets team was able to get past them, because there's a decent chance the Cubs will be pennant favorites the next 5 years. 

GFY.

Archived