Rex Ryan: Jets are red hot, a complete team

Patriot Killa

Would be nice if Fitz were better on those but right now it's a little shaky.  But he's still putting points on the board. So we're scoring

I don't think you can blame Fitzpatrick for missing Enunwa and Thompkins.  Those seemed more a function of the receiver and lack of timing between them and the QB.  Also, Thompkins is a slug.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Rex, I miss that one Ex that was average when we were together but now that we aren't, she's smoking hot. I feel you bro..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/193766/rex-ryan-jets-are-red-hot-and-complete-team

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan heaped praise Monday on the New York Jets in advance of the Buffalo Bills' regular-season finale Sunday, when Ryan will have an opportunity to help keep his former team out of the playoffs.

“I think first off, it’s about getting the win,” Ryan said. “We know we’re facing a team that’s red hot. That team is probably as talented as anyone out there. When you look at it, even from a statistical standpoint, I think they’re sixth and eighth -- defense is sixth, offense is eighth in the league. This team is a complete football team. No surprise they have the record they have.

“But just to get a win, I don’t care if we’re playing East Carolina, you want to get a win, period. There’s no question about it. The spoiler role, I think is probably, maybe, I mean, who knows. But it’s to me, I think us just getting a win against a good football team would be great.”

When Ryan was asked if he had any added motivation to play spoiler for the team that he coached from 2009 through last season, Ryan simply said, “No” and then smiled at reporters.

Bills running back Boobie Dixon said Sunday after Buffalo’s win over the Dallas Cowboys that their finale against the Jets would be the Bills’ “Super Bowl” because of the chance to deal a blow to the Jets’ playoff hopes.

“I think guys do get revved up,” Ryan said Monday. “You’re playing against a team where you admire where they’re at. You wish that was you in that situation. It’s not. But this is your last shot at this this year. So you get to play against a team that has everything riding on it.

“We know we having nothing on it statistically -- we can’t advance from it or whatever. But it’s a lot for us being professionals. We’re gonna try our best to win this game.”

Hey Rex! This game wont be against East Carolina....to make it clear. 

I don't think you can blame Fitzpatrick for missing Enunwa and Thompkins.  Those seemed more a function of the receiver and lack of timing between them and the QB.  Also, Thompkins is a slug.

I would love to agree but when a WR is as open as Enunwa and Thomkins were a QB has to hit them.  Even Fouts said it on the Enunwa throw.  It's ok, they're rarities anyway but he just hasn't been good on the real long passes all year.  

Tell REX I said GFY.

Tell REX....

We now have a GM that cant be pushed around as he started at the bottom.

We now have an OC that wasnt hired because he runs a wildcat

We now have a HC that resembles Landry and Tomlin in behavior not Bozo the clown.

We now have a HC that attends offensive meetings.

We now have a DC that isnt a puppet.

We have a HC who cut under performing Coples

We now have a HC who wont be tattooing a player jersey on his arm

We now have a HC who wont put feet videos on the internet.

and did I mention F. U. REX?

Amen.

Rex is shameless, he will do and say anything to save his hide. He loses, he can't be blamed because he is losing to a great team and his team is sooooooooo injured, he wins, he is the greatest HC of all time, beating a great team with a team that is soooooooooo injured.

I hear you.

But like I said, I expect a resounding Jets win.

Archived