Blitz Tyrod

kevinc855

Bring the House Todd. Hit him early and often and expose him for the backup QB role he is meant to fill. Then when they try to run it we will be ready!

This only works if you can cover Watkins downfield.  Which is the exact reason we brought Revis back....put Watkins on the island!

Bring the House Todd. Hit him early and often and expose him for the backup QB role he is meant to fill. Then when they try to run it we will be ready!

I don't think this is how they should approach him at all. I think you rush 4 guys, make him go through progressions and keep him in the pocket. He is much more likely to beat a team with his legs than his arm. Blitzing him only opens up escape lanes and lets him become more mobile. Make him beat you through the air, because he can't do it.

Only works if you leave 1 pass rusher to lurk and spy Taylor.  You can't send everyone because he will burn you for a 20 yard run.

I don't think this is how they should approach him at all. I think you rush 4 guys, make him go through progressions and keep him in the pocket. He is much more likely to beat a team with his legs than his arm. Blitzing him only opens up escape lanes and lets him become more mobile. Make him beat you through the air, because he can't do it.

Agree completely. Man up Watkins. Rest zone. Keep him in the pocket and hopefully our front can generate the pass rush without the blitz. 

Don't let his legs beat you - make him go through his progressions and rely on the pass protection. 

We handled Tyrod just fine last time by blitzing fairly heavily.  We blitzed him up the gut where he couldn't really get away.  Taylor wasn't really the reason they beat us.  And a lot of the guys they had healthy that DID beat us last time around (like their d-line, Bacarri Rambo, etc.) are injured.

This only works if you can cover Watkins downfield.  Which is the exact reason we brought Revis back....put Watkins on the island!

I put Watkins on the island, and still give a lot of safety help. 

Watkins is a freak, and who else do they have that can beat you?

you guys seem to forget the last bills game where Watkins seemed to blow by Revis on play after play downfield.

Play after play?  There was one play where he seemed open and the pass was late.  There was also the key first down he caught down the stretch.  The guy was targeted plenty and caught 3 for 14.  Not exactly a HOF day.  We look back on it critically because Revis got beat up the next week by Hopkins.

We handled Tyrod just fine last time by blitzing fairly heavily.  We blitzed him up the gut where he couldn't really get away.  Taylor wasn't really the reason they beat us.  And a lot of the guys they had healthy that DID beat us last time around (like their d-line, Bacarri Rambo, etc.) are injured.

Exactly.  Blitz him and keep him in the pocket and he cant beat you on his own

Play after play?  There was one play where he seemed open and the pass was late.  There was also the key first down he caught down the stretch.  The guy was targeted plenty and caught 3 for 14.  Not exactly a HOF day.  We look back on it critically because Revis got beat up the next week by Hopkins.

Buffalo's non-Watkins receivers/TE's/backs available this week, in all likelihood:

Dezmin Lewis

Chris Hogan

Greg Salas

Walter Powell

Leonard Hankerson

TE Chris Gragg

TE Nick O'Leary

RB Karlos Williams

RB Boobie Dixon

RB Mike Gillislee

Safe to say we can afford to give Revis safety help Sunday. 

Or better yet, let Revis roam around and cover whoever the f*ck he wants in order to f*ck with Tyrod's head, with Watkins being his primary guy, while mixing in Cro/other corner and Gilchrist/Pryor on Watkins when Revis moves off him. 

Stay in your lanes, keep Taylor operating in the pocket and make him throw over the top to beat you.  When he is confined to the pocket, he struggles.

Probably because he can't see over his linemen.  He's listed as 6-1 but looks more like 5-10 or 5-11.  Even if he really is 6-1, he's 4 inches shorter than teammate EJ Manuel and roughly 2 feet shorter than Mike Glennon.

you guys seem to forget the last bills game where Watkins seemed to blow by Revis on play after play downfield.

Exactly which game were you watching?  What Watkins wind up with 14 yards that day?  

Yeah, unfortunately it became very in vogue to ask if Revis was in deep decline because of an injury and one bad game.  Jets fans shouldnt make that same mistake

Exactly which game were you watching?  What Watkins wind up with 14 yards that day?  

Yeah, unfortunately it became very in vogue to ask if Revis was in deep decline because of an injury and one game.  Jets fans shouldnt make that mistake

Hey did you forget the 4 yard slant he toasted Revis for a TD?   LoL

Hey did you forget the 4 yard slant he toasted Revis for a TD?   LoL

it wouldn't be as funny if Tex didn't actually post that.  And the couple of yarder for a 1st down.  

Hate that if you play for a NY team after they build you up they look for every excuse to tear you down.  Joyfully.  We don't get anything close to the home team cooking others get

it wouldn't be as funny if Tex didn't actually post that.  And the couple of yarder for a 1st down.  

Hate that if you play for a NY team after they build you up they look for every excuse to tear you down.  Joyfully.  We don't get anything close to the home team cooking others get

Revis is so good the only thing to compare him to is himself.  Shocker.  Yes he was faster and more dominate in his prime Pats boads had a thread who would you rather have Revis or Butler.  Before I answer I would like to ask Butler how Deckers dick taste LoL.  When Revis was in his prime he was either injured or flawless.  Period.  

Archived